The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

What odds are there on all 3 legs of the treble being decided within a week in 3 games between us and chelsea? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We'd lose them all icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

What odds are there on all 3 legs of the treble being decided within a week in 3 games between us and chelsea? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i said that in the cl draw thread.

potentially our last 4 games could be

chelsea (a) - stamford bridge - premier league

west ham (h) - old trafford - premier league

chelsea (n) - wembley - fa cup final

chelsea (n) - athens - champions league final

could be very interesting

Alan Green

“It HAD to be Henrik Larsson!†I HAD to laugh.

Good Heavens, it wasn’t as if the Swede’s winner against Lille was a vital goal. It looked like a free header to me.

However, given the proliferation of commentators and observers these days, it’s inevitable some will be bullied into adopting the glorification, nay deification, of a player by supporters — especially highly persuasive Celtic supporters.

When Larsson arrived at Old Trafford, I tried to keep expectations in perspective. He came on short-term loan and with a passport that confirmed he was 35 years of age.

Celtic fans were quick to verbally assault me on BBC Radio. Larsson was “one of the greatest strikers ever†and I “wouldn’t accept that†because “you’re a Blue noseâ€.

They were wrong; on both counts. And I wonder how many Manchester United supporters think that the Swede’s impact has been especially significant? He scored three goals while he was there, just one in the Premiership. Is that the signing that clinched the title?

Look, Larsson’s been a fine player but I refuse to accept that a substitute appearance against a tiring Arsenal team reduced to 10 men in Paris last May or a cameo role at Old Trafford constitutes ‘greatness’. Larsson did his main business in an inferior league, which is why Scots get so mad.

I might feel differently if, as Alex Ferguson wished, he’d gone to Old Trafford four or five years ago. As it is, I wish Henrik a fond farewell but, bluntly, I’ll hardly notice he’s gone.'

fat ******

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alfred Cat:

As it is, I wish Henrik a fond farewell but, bluntly, I’ll hardly notice he’s gone.'

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you will when we're playing giggs upfront off a 40% fit smith. you complete random

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

We'd lose them all icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

did you see what Spurs did you us?

I don't think I'd be able to live through three such defeats to you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alfred Cat:

is this gonch idiot usually this dumb or is the concept of quoting just foreign in his culture? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

We'd lose them all icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

did you see what Spurs did you us?

I don't think I'd be able to live through three such defeats to you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thing is ive never seen such an awful team just consistently get out of trouble.

basically a combination of carvalho, essien, drogba and mourinho's tactical nous are going to win you the quadruple.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

right im going for lunch, and when i come back i expect at least 3 of you to have said i am usually this dumb </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe while you're there you'll realise that the guy was quoting Alan Green.

• Administrators

Look right

You WILL beat Bolton

You WILL beat Blackburn

You WILL beat Portsmouth

You WILL beat Middlesbrough

You WILL beat Man City

You WILL beat West Ham

There you have 18 points. Chelsea can only take 30 more. You have currently a 9 point lead. Chelsea will not take maximum points from their remaining games, therefore the three points difference we can feasibly make back isn't going to happen, so the title is yours.

You WILL beat Middlesbrough and you WILL beat Watford, so you're in the Cup Final. We on the other hand won't beat Spurs, so the quadruple is gone. Up to you what you wanna do with that.

You'll beat Roma and Milan, perhaps struggle through against Bayern. We'll maybe beat Valencia then lose to Liverpool. Once again, it's then down to you.

I fully expect many to find faults here but ultimately you'll end up with far more trophies than us this season, over-the-top pessimism or not.

Juni's explanation has just made me far more optimistic then any of Scatter's 'BELIEVE' statements and such like ever have icon_biggrin.gif

On a slightly related note, I don't know which would be worse - Liverpool making it 6 times or Chelsea winning the quadruple.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

so it's alright to talk about players you've never signed and probably won't ever sign but not about former strikers who did tons for your club?

Interesting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bahahaha icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

where's mika when you need him?

outpessimise him mika </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At uni on a prehistoric computer unfortunately /o\

is this gonch idiot usually this dumb or is the concept of quoting just foreign in his culture? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

4,500 for Roma at a cost of 23 euros each </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

£15.60 - European football so much cheaper icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

4,500 for Roma at a cost of 23 euros each </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cheap as chips.

I thought the allocation would have been a little higher though.

not sure if it's been posted already, but the game on Tuesday is on BBC3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

anyone know if the boro game is deffo on bbc as well?

what are the chances of a weakened team against Boro next week?

Bolton on Saturday is a huge game. hopefully being back at OT will help us get back some form.

Giggs and Rooney are gona be our strikers for the time being. heres hoping Ronaldo keeps scoring or we're in trouble...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Europe XI: Lippi completes squad

Marcello Lippi has confirmed the final inclusions into his 22-man squad.

The latest additions are Bayern Munich goalkeeper Oliver Kahn and Inter Milan pair Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Fabio Grosso.

The match, which celebrates 50 years of United in European competition, has drawn together some of the finest players in the world. You can watch the game live on MUTV Online.

Lippi's squad looks an imposing proposition for Sir Alex Ferguson, who has said he will put out his strongest available side.

The full Europe XI squad

Goalkeepers: Oliver Kahn, Grégory Coupet, Iker Casillas.

Defenders: Paolo Maldini, Jamie Carragher, Eric Abidal, Lilan Thuram, Carles Puyol, Marco Materazzi, Fabio Grosso.

Midfielders: Gianluca Zambrotta, Steven Gerrard, Juninho Pernambucano, Florent Malouda, Luis Miguel, Gennaro Gattuso, Andrea Pirlo.

Strikers: Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Alessandro Mancini, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Henrik Larsson. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jibes about the game aside, what a squad of players that is icon_biggrin.gif

you scummy gloryhunters all wanting us to go win the Cup now

Where were you when I was giving my FA Cup backing in the 3rd round icon_mad.gif

me > all of you

we'll still end this season trophyless though

Juni's was an embarassingly inept attempt at pessimism using blatant outright lies. Chelsea will win every game left and will most certainly win more trophies than us.

I'm already absolutely dreading us potentially being there to lose to them in the FA Cup final after they've nicked the league.... also meeting in the CL final isnt worth considering... mainly because we'll be knocked out before then.

Archived