The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

we'll probably have danny galbraith on the left wing and danny welbeck on the right. both qg, the latter's impressed this season as he's not yet on a scholarship and should really be playing for the u16's. he's a striker really but has played on the wing mostly this season.

we'll almost definitely line-up:

gk ben amos

rb richard eckersley

lb tom cleverley

cb craig cathcart

cb james chester

rw daniel welbeck

lw danny galbraith

cm sam hewson

cm danny drinkwater

st febian brandy

st christy fagan

it's the team we've played pretty much in all the cup games so far, and all 11 were rested from the u18 league game on saturday. probably be ron-robert zieler, corry evans, magnus eikrem, jimmy derbyshire and antonio bryan on the bench, conor mccormack might be on there. both centre-backs are class, cathcart stepped up into the reserves last season seamlessly, chester has done likewise over the last few weeks. amos is a really promising keeper too.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

In the summer we are signing Nani, Barnes, Hargreaves and berbatov, i'm sure of it. Team complete.

GK: Van Der Sar, Foster, Kuszczak

DF: Neville, Brown, Pique, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, Evra, Heinze, Silvestre, O'Shea

MD: Ronaldo, Park, Scholes, Carrick, Hargreaves, Fletcher, Barnes, Giggs, Nani

FW: Rooney, Saha, Berbatov, Rossi, Solskjaer, Smith

What a team that would be. In the days of the PLC maybe. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Richardson missing. That's not gonna happen now, is it ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I've waited for four years for this," said Beckham before turning his attentions to Sir Alex Ferguson, with whom an infamous falling-out led to the end of his United career. "You've got the best manager in the world at this club. It was the best time of my football career. I want to say thank you to the fans and the people of this club. Especially in 1998 [when he was sent off at the World Cup] I wouldn't have got through the things I did without the people of this stadium."

regrets? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not fuppin' many. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

danny welbeck thats the one icon14.gif

lets hope we can end arsenal's last chance of silverware icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still going gonch?

apparently we've sold 34,000 tickets so far, your lads wont be able to handle the pressure icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

danny welbeck thats the one icon14.gif

lets hope we can end arsenal's last chance of silverware icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still going gonch?

apparently we've sold 34,000 tickets so far, your lads wont be able to handle the pressure icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeh im going, been roped into taking my 2 cousins now as well. one's arsenal the other is united, about 8 and 11 years old.

quite looking forward to it, gutted i didnt remember until last night as its a tenner entry now, damn rip off merchants.

we'll stuff you, brandy >>> yous

arsenal will win i reckon, blatantly too strong for us. our current crop's best chance of the youth cup is next season, far too raw atm.

i'm going to drag as many people to OT for the second leg as possible. disgracefully low attendance last round.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

Watch out for Fran Merida and Randall and let me know how they do icon14.gif

Feel a little ashamed im not going to this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeh one of my gooner mates is going, been raving about merida and one other random. should be good, hope i can get tickets on the door...

well as it seems we have to be more positive towards the National Team, as decreed by the 'proper' fans, need to get some practice:

Come on England. Country >>>>>>>> Club Rooney to play better for England than United

Now I'm off to hang myself in the work toilets.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The building work has barely begun, but Radio City can exclusively reveal plans for Liverpool’s new stadium could be yanked from the drawing board.

The Reds’ new owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett have ordered a thorough review of the ground.

The reason? They’re considering adding an extra 20,000 seats.

A meeting was held last night and it’s thought they now want to build an all-seater to outstrip Old Trafford. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

stadium top trumps \O/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> FA Youth Cup Semi-Final Second Leg, Manchester United v Arsenal, Old Trafford, Monday 2 April 2007, Kick off 7pm.

Supporters can pay on the turnstiles on the night, £5 adults, £2 under 16's and over 65's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

If we could somehow manage to do the South Stand Old Trafford would be amazing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How many seats in total if everything was filled in?

south stand can't get bigger unless united want to pay absolutely loads to do something to the train line behind. plus I don't think we could sell more than 72,000 every week, course we'd fill it for liverpool/city etc but not for just the average games. but yeah it'd make the stadium as a whole look even more awesome.

I don't think the rail line is that much of a problem. The work could easily take that into account and it could be worked around and into the stadium.

The biggest problem is

a) The houses we'd need to buy and knock down to redevelop the stand

&

b) the fact that we'd be encroaching further on the residential area. Something that will cause problems.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

a) The houses we'd need to buy and knock down to redevelop the stand

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think under the PLC days we bought a few of those houses with the expansion of the family stand in mind, but I think I read somewhere recently that we were now selling them

Archived