The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the stadium tram stop won't happen in ages, i think i'm right in saying it's part of the very last phase of the metrolink extension plans and they've not even approved the first phase yet.

like alex says, they really need to lay on more, bigger trams on match days, and the train stop is underused at the minute as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

Start transporting people by canal boat \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually does happen icon_biggrin.gif

if i didn't have my bizarre fear of going on boats, it'd be a fantastic way to get there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It'd be fb! a pre match booze up as you go down the canal. Moor up in the quays.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I meant the price of steel rather than beer but hey ho icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

couldn't tell you about that.

i just scribble on paper with crayons remember. i don't actually buy (or cost in all seriousness) the materials. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

Start transporting people by canal boat \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually does happen icon_biggrin.gif

if i didn't have my bizarre fear of going on boats, it'd be a fantastic way to get there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It'd be fb! a pre match booze up as you go down the canal. Moor up in the quays. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly what happens. they run them from the town centre.

not sure about the train price, don't think it's any more expensive than the tram. it's not the cost really, it's the way there are only three trains before and after the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

how can you buy one of the main railway routes out of manchester? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, I meant like, leasing it or something while the building work was going on or paying to have it relocated in a subway style like Scatter suggested (unless I've misread that as well). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you don't lease it either? icon_biggrin.gif

you're basically offering to upgrade the track at no cost to the owner in exchange for any slight modification like a downhill grade in order to build over it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just meant in a take full responsibility for it in some way. Off the hands of whomever it is that controls that line in some sort of temporary agreement so we could redevelop that part of the ground.

Clearly railways are not something I know about, hence the random and apparently idiotic suggestions so I'll leave it at that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

I meant the price of steel rather than beer but hey ho icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i just scribble on paper with crayons remember. i don't actually buy (or cost in all seriousness) the materials. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I should ask my dad. He is a quantity surveyor after all and was involved in the Manchester 2000 Olympic bid.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

how can you buy one of the main railway routes out of manchester? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, I meant like, leasing it or something while the building work was going on or paying to have it relocated in a subway style like Scatter suggested (unless I've misread that as well). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you don't lease it either? icon_biggrin.gif

you're basically offering to upgrade the track at no cost to the owner in exchange for any slight modification like a downhill grade in order to build over it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just meant in a take full responsibility for it in some way. Off the hands of whomever it is that controls that line in some sort of temporary agreement so we could redevelop that part of the ground.

Clearly railways are not something I know about, hence the random and apparently idiotic suggestions so I'll leave it at that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

it's not THAT idiotic. and in actual fact, it's possible - albeit unlikely. if the line is crown line forget it. but if it's privately owned by the operator (it never ceases to amaze me that you lot actually have private rail companies), then some sort of buy and lease back arrangement wouldn't necessarily be out of the question...

We have private rail companies but all track is currently owned by network rail.

But seeing as though network rail recently ****ed up big time the private rail companies are calling to be given control of the track.

Considering that it was actually down to the fact Virgin has some of the safest rolling stock in the world which limited the deaths from a high speed crash to 1, they currently have a better safety record than network rail to point to.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

...the Coldplay bloke? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah thats the one.......

i just scribble on paper with crayons remember. i don't actually buy (or cost in all seriousness) the materials. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm guessing sticklebricks and lego don't set you back too much these days.

I'm not construction savvy so can I just make sure that I understand what a "cantilevered stand" would entail?: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that to do with basically allowing the roof to be there without having the being supported by pillars unlike at Goodison etc?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

chubbed for Chelsea. icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't get through. icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm guessing when you got through you found out you'd been chubbed?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

erm, if they built a new stand would that mean the end of the wall? icon_frown.gif

gtf if it would </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually just pictured Martin chaining himself to the wall as bulldozers come to demolish it. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

erm, if they built a new stand would that mean the end of the wall? icon_frown.gif

gtf if it would </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually just pictured Martin chaining himself to the wall as bulldozers come to demolish it. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"You money grabbing bastards. This is MY WALL. You're not taking it from me so that you can line your pockets you filthy bastards"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> MANCHESTER United star Darren Fletcher escaped unhurt after crashing in his £63,000 car just months after passing his driving test.

The Scottish international was driving his black Range Rover Sport HST Sport, near the club's Carrington training complex when it was in collision with another car.

An ambulance was called for the 27-year-old driver of the other vehicle, a red Audi A3 Quattro.

He suffered minor injuries to his ribs and was taken to Trafford General Hospital and released after treatment. Police are expected to speak with both drivers.

The crash happened on Sinderland Lane, Dunham Massey, yesterday morning, near to the junction with Brookheys Road.

The road is a winding country lane just across fields from Manchester United's training centre.

Minor damage

A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police confirmed that an officer had attended the scene but that no further action was being taken by police. Fletcher's car suffered minor damage.

He said: "My understanding is it is a matter that will be sorted out by the parties involved."

Fletcher passed his driving test earlier this year. Around the same time he found out he was going to be the father of twins with girlfriend Hayley Grice.

The accident happened at 9.20am yesterday. Fletcher was driving in the direction of Partington, towards the training centre, and the Audi was going towards Altrincham.

Midfielder Fletcher, 23, is currently out of the United team due to an ankle injury.

A spokesman for the club confirmed the accident but had no further comment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Roma ticket sorted. Flying from Luton. £239. \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">every thing is now booked up so its no turning back.

The trip is £239

The flights leave luton airport at 07:00 on the day of the game (4-4)

there will be a bus to take us from the airport to the city centre the day

is then ours.

we will be back at a designated spot at a certain time where the coach will

take us to the stadium.

after the game we will be put on waiting coaches and taken to the airport

where we will be flown back into luton.

could you get me cash or cheques asap please. by monday would be good </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How does that fit in with your plans, lads ?

You have made plans ? icon_biggrin.gif

Still waiting to know if we have tickets yet sire.

Oh and emailed the TO again icon_biggrin.gif

To whom it may concern,

I've spent the best part of 2 days, trying to get through to the automated ticket office line to apply for Roma away tickets and also to check the ballot for Chelsea away, I've tried first thing in the morning, afternoon, evening, I've even tried at 3am but STILL get the same "sorry it's down call back later", it's not cheap to be on hold for 20 minutes at a time listening to "Thank you for calling you are connected to the Manchester United ticket office, should you wish to hold your call will be answered by the next available free line" and then all of a sudden, disconnected.

For the worlds biggest club it's an utter shambles, Chelsea have an online away ticket application I see no reason why we can't do the same. Well I do but I won't put it in the email as I won't get a reply. Please sort it out, it's shambolic.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Reserves are playing tonight but Smith isnt. The lad needs all the games he can get. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can't risk him, we're basically down to bare bones as it is.

missed him though, we lost 3-0 to a much bigger, dirtier, more physical Sheffield United side, no contest really. only highlight was me getting on the pitch and floating a beautiful pass to Ron-Robert Zieler icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Reserves are playing tonight but Smith isnt. The lad needs all the games he can get. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can't risk him, we're basically down to bare bones as it is.

missed him though, we lost 3-0 to a much bigger, dirtier, more physical Sheffield United side, no contest really. only highlight was me getting on the pitch and floating a beautiful pass to Ron-Robert Zieler icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jesus Christ, I knew we had to make cost-cuts with the Glazers but it's getting very very ridiculous now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cristiano Ronaldooooooooo:

Been awhile since i've been in here.

How are we all??

Whos going Middlesbrough game?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha, howdy sire. Where've you been?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">RIO FERDINAND will miss crucial games in Manchester United’s run-in and is a worry for England’s Euro 2008 double header with a cracked rib.

The defender is set to be sidelined for United’s next two games — Bolton at home tomorrow and Monday’s FA Cup quarter-final replay with Middlesbrough at Old Trafford.

England coach Steve McClaren will also be sweating on his fitness for the Euro 2008 qualifiers with Israel and Andorra the following week.

United are unlikely to release Ferdinand for international duty if he misses both their matches.

It is the latest blow in an injury crisis that threatens to derail United’s Treble bid.

Ferdinand, 28, suffered the rib problem in United’s 2-2 FA Cup draw with Boro on Saturday.

And he missed their charity game against a European XI at Old Trafford on Tuesday.

Boss Alex Ferguson will draft in Wes Brown as cover for Ferdinand.

As SunSport revealed on Wednesday, United will be without Mikael Silvestre for the rest of the season with a dislocated shoulder.

Keeper Edwin van der Sar is out for a fortnight with a calf injury, while strikers Ole Solskjaer and Louis Saha will not be fit until at least the end of this month.

Hitman Henrik Larsson has returned to Sweden after a three-month loan spell and midfielder Paul Scholes is banned for the next two games.

Fergie is already under immense pressure after Chelsea closed the gap at the top to just six points with victory at Manchester City on Wednesday.

As United lose key players, the Blues were boosted by the return of skipper John Terry.

Meanwhile, former United striker Diego Forlan has urged winger Cristiano Ronaldo to quit Old Trafford for Barcelona.

United want to tie the Portuguese maestro, 22, to a new long-term deal.

But Uruguay ace Forlan, who plays in Spain with Villarreal, said: “If Barca make him a good offer he will have no doubts about accepting it. He knows this league is one of the best in the world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't shoot the messenger

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Gabby & Vida in the centre of the park please Sir Alex. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would quite like that, but you know Wes would play ahead of Gabby in the middle.

Archived