The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

gaby played there in midweek though so here's hoping.

to be fair to brown, hes been gash because hes been playing at right back so if he does play lets hope he does a bit better.

i think tomorrow is a huge game, if we drop points ahead of the international break we're going to get 2 weeks of mourinho, makelele and any other sucker talking up how we're going to bottle it

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christ on a bike he's been our best player in 2007, not what we needed.

That said, I rarely say this but thank God for the international break, had Rio/Saha/the rest of the walking wounded had these injuries in the last month rather than this one, then we would be in much deeper trouble.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> MANCHESTER United star Darren Fletcher escaped unhurt after crashing in his £63,000 car just months after passing his driving test.

The Scottish international was driving his black Range Rover Sport HST Sport, near the club's Carrington training complex when it was in collision with another car.

An ambulance was called for the 27-year-old driver of the other vehicle, a red Audi A3 Quattro.

He suffered minor injuries to his ribs and was taken to Trafford General Hospital and released after treatment. Police are expected to speak with both drivers.

The crash happened on Sinderland Lane, Dunham Massey, yesterday morning, near to the junction with Brookheys Road.

The road is a winding country lane just across fields from Manchester United's training centre.

Minor damage

A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police confirmed that an officer had attended the scene but that no further action was being taken by police. Fletcher's car suffered minor damage.

He said: "My understanding is it is a matter that will be sorted out by the parties involved."

Fletcher passed his driving test earlier this year. Around the same time he found out he was going to be the father of twins with girlfriend Hayley Grice.

The accident happened at 9.20am yesterday. Fletcher was driving in the direction of Partington, towards the training centre, and the Audi was going towards Altrincham.

Midfielder Fletcher, 23, is currently out of the United team due to an ankle injury.

A spokesman for the club confirmed the accident but had no further comment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fletcher is now back on my official "i hate these following players" list. Crashing a red audi a3 ffs. And a quatro i might add icon_frown.gif The car i dream about (i have a red audi a3 but not quatro).

james, im probably not going to rome i dont think, gonna find it very hard to get 4 days off and the cost is quite a lot.

still havent told mark yet, but will let him know on monday after ive had 2 more days to try and dissuade myself icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I'm going to the Grand Prix in Melbourne Mika, and I get to ride in one of the McLaren's as well as obv. meeting the drivers.

Not really, but I bet the look on your face just then was priceless. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bahaha icon_biggrin.gif

I won't say the first word that ran through my mind as it would be censored.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

james, im probably not going to rome i dont think, gonna find it very hard to get 4 days off and the cost is quite a lot.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much would you be looking at cost wise out of interest?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much would you be looking at cost wise out of interest? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

£370 odd, and rising with each day i deliberate probably icon_frown.gif

the problem is its around easter so airlines are jacking their prices up as people go on romantic breaks / holidays etc.

plus id need to fast-track to renew my passport which may be another 80-90 :/

well done everyone on completely over-reacting to that tabloid story about Rio :////

Fergie's said him and Vidic are fine, Evra is fine, the squad is the same as for Boro minus Larsson. Fergie said on Tuesday that there was no issue with Rio and he hasn't cracked any ribs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jonnieboy:

Probably going to watch ManU-Rome during easter. Would like to know if the home crowd's situated in the East Stand or the West Stand? Reply would be very much appreciated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there is no ManU-Rome game afaik. Manchester United (Man United or United is acceptable) versus Roma is the game you're clearly referring to.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Nick why did you invade the pitch last night? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the ballboys were being lazy icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jonnieboy:

Probably going to watch ManU-Rome during easter. Would like to know if the home crowd's situated in the East Stand or the West Stand? Reply would be very much appreciated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there is no ManU-Rome game afaik. Manchester United (Man United or United is acceptable) versus Roma is the game you're clearly referring to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wp Nick icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote:

Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

quote:

Originally posted by Jonnieboy:

Probably going to watch ManU-Rome during easter. Would like to know if the home crowd's situated in the East Stand or the West Stand? Reply would be very much appreciated.

there is no ManU-Rome game afaik. Manchester United (Man United or United is acceptable) versus Roma is the game you're clearly referring to.

wp Nick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thought United were Leeds... icon_cool.gificon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Ah I see. Must be more tempting because you can go to say Blackburn away any season, but Rome is a bit of a one off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're not wrong mate. it will kill me not going, but it is clearly the sensible option.

like i say, i have til monday to dissuade myself icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and you're coming to our game why exactly? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, to se Totti being destroyed, obviously... icon_wink.gif

Ah I see. Must be more tempting because you can go to say Blackburn away any season, but Rome is a bit of a one off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're not wrong mate. it will kill me not going, but it is clearly the sensible option.

like i say, i have til monday to dissuade myself icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you should say balls to it and go, but miss a few other aways if you have to icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

save up for a semi in Munich gonch icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly what im thinking mate, if we get through of course. with the 2 trips set to be about 3 weeks apart itll be hard to get time off for both probably, as well as a day off for roma return leg at ot.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Real Madrid have played their first cards in a game they hope will end with Cristiano Ronaldo beaming in front of the world's press, that famous white shirt in his hands. If there were any doubts that the Portuguese winger is this year's must-have player at the Santiago Bernabéu, they were blown away in time-honoured fashion yesterday with a four-page splash in the Spanish sports daily Marca, announcing that Madrid's director of football and director of marketing had given the go-ahead to sign Ronaldo "even if he costs a fortune".

Marca also claims that Ronaldo has told Madrid officials he is willing to come to the Bernabéu and that a verbal agreement is now in place. "Ronaldo," ran the paper's headline, "says yes to Madrid." All he needs to do is speak to Sir Alex Ferguson and publicly demand to leave, a step which Marca claims he will make at the end of the season. With Madrid dependent on Manchester United agreeing to sell - something that appears unlikely after the comments this week of United's chief executive, David Gill, that they wanted the winger to stay until 2012 - that pressure from Ronaldo is, the paper conceded, "the key".

The leak marks the beginning of a well worn path: the signings of Zinédine Zidane, the Brazilian Ronaldo and David Beckham were all launched through strategic leaks to the Madrid sports press, semi-official mouthpieces of the club. The plan of action is always the same: first speak to the agent, then the press, then the player and finally the player's club. This still has a long way to run but Madrid hope that they can force United's hand - and that of Ronaldo's agent, Jorge Mendes.

It is understood that Madrid have spoken to Mendes about Ronaldo's future and about that of Jose Mourinho - who is on the Bernabéu shortlist for next season and who would welcome the opportunity to work with Ronaldo - should he leave Chelsea. Mendes has told Madrid that Ronaldo would be keen on a switch to the Bernabéu and Madrid have taken those words at face value. They are keen for their fans to be aware of their approach and are now prepared to push hard in order to make the promise a reality.

Madrid's president, Ramón Calderón, is under serious pressure after a disappointing season and question marks still hang over the legitimacy of his presidency, which he won only after a judge declared all postal votes null and void. He is also desperate to erase the memory of his broken electoral pledge to sign Kaka, Cesc Fábregas and Arjen Robben by bringing in the man widely considered the best player on the world market.

However, Mendes has had similar conversations with Barcelona, who are also keen to secure the winger, and has told United that he will open negotiations over a new contract. He is prepared to deal with all three sides in order to secure the best deal for his client and it is no coincidence that this story should have broken in the wake of United's declarations that a new contract for Ronaldo was close. The message to United appears to be: don't get cocky. Perhaps someone ought to say the same to Madrid.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

f**koffmadridf**koffmadridf**koffmadridf**koffmadridf**koffmadrid

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"Everybody knows I don't like to discriminate against other teams but everyone knows me and Manchester United got a certain kind of love for each other. They are my boys, they showed me a lot of love. I'm gonna rock with them and they gonna have the best seats in the house. They are coming before the show, after the show and then we are taking them out. I'm down with football, I have been following it for 10 years, going to games, wearing the jerseys and what not."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

snoop dogg icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The leak marks the beginning of a well worn path: the signings of Zinédine Zidane, the Brazilian Ronaldo and David Beckham were all launched through strategic leaks to the Madrid sports press, semi-official mouthpieces of the club. The plan of action is always the same: first speak to the agent, then the press, then the player and finally the player's club. This still has a long way to run but Madrid hope that they can force United's hand - and that of Ronaldo's agent, Jorge Mendes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

**** off you *****

Get FIFA involved tapping him up

Also **** of agents you ****ing horrible *****

Seeings as his agent is now in the press today saying that nothing is certain and Ronaldo isn't definite to extend his deal. I'd say there could be some truth to the attempts for Real and his agent to engineer a move away from the club.

The guy is either trying to get more money for his client with United or a big pay packet with Real.

If (massive IF) Ronaldo publicly comes out and says "i want to go to Madrid/Barcelona" Then the guy can feck off and we should screw the Spanish for as much as we can.

However. I have belief that Ronaldo himself doesn't want to leave, that he's strong enough to tell his agent he doesn't want to leave and that he'll sign the contract to stay with the club.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If (massive IF) Ronaldo publicly comes out and says "i want to go to Madrid/Barcelona" Then the guy can feck off and we should screw the Spanish for as much as we can. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will be alot harder to screw them for all we can get if he comes out publicly

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

If Ronaldo was to leave us why would he go to Madrid? Might as well join Notts Forest, they used to win things too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because Real Madrid are like Liverpool. Strutting around like a fecking peacock acting like they're still this magical, mythical club that all others should just wilt and accept that they're so superior.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If (massive IF) Ronaldo publicly comes out and says "i want to go to Madrid/Barcelona" Then the guy can feck off and we should screw the Spanish for as much as we can. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will be alot harder to screw them for all we can get if he comes out publicly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We threaten them with legal action for tapping him up. Make sure they pay through the nose to make the litigation go away.

Nothing is going to happen though and he'll be with us next season as well.

What ruddy well annoys me is all this gumph about how players should want to leave and go to Real Madrid or Barcelona because they're the "biggest clubs in the world"

We're just as fecking big as them.

As Gordon McQueen famously said "Ask all the players in the country which club they would like to play for and 99% would say 'Manchester United'. The other 1% are liars"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Everton v Manchester United, Saturday 28 April, kick off 12noon.

We will receive an allocation of 2995 tickets priced:

£37 adults, £19 under16 (no over 65’s)

£36 adults, £18 under 16 (no over 65’s)

£35 adults, £21 over 65’s, £17 under 16

£32 adults, £21 over 65’s. £17 under 16

£31 adults, £20 over 65’s, £16 under 16

The deadline for Executive Members to make an application by post or by calling 0870 442 1999 is 5pm on Friday 23 March.

Season Ticket holders who have purchased the following cup games from Season 2006 / 2007, Celtic, Copenhagen, Benfica, Aston Villa, Portsmouth, Reading, Lille and Middlesbrough are invited to register an application for this game by calling the 24 hour Ticket Order Line 0870 442 1999 from 9am on Thursday 29 March through to 5pm on Friday 30 March.

COACH TRAVEL TO GOODISON PARK

Executive Coach £15

Depart Car Park N2 9:30am

Est. return to Old Trafford 3:30pm

Updated Friday 16 March 08:00

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some weird prices there.

No over 65's in some areas? :/

12 noon kickoff, what an utter abortion

was reading that article on football banning orders in the latest RI on the way back from Hyde last night, scandalous what the police get away with. pretty worrying as well frankly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

before anyone at United gets their knickers in a twist about anything Real say about Ronaldo they should have a look in an Owen Hargreaves shaped mirror. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One eyed loyalism for the win icon14.gif

Archived