The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Quite a lot of posts I disagree with on this page but I think I'll bite my lip icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

go on mika let it all out icon14.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Man Utd pair win February awards

Manchester United's Sir Alex Ferguson and Ryan Giggs have walked away with the Barclays awards for February.

Manager of the Month Ferguson and Player of the Month Giggs have helped guide league leaders United to three victories in the last month.

Giggs scored at Tottenham and also fired in a volley against Fulham.

It is the second time Ferguson and Giggs have won joint awards this campaign, having both picked up the accolades in August 2006. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok then.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

bit baffling that. must have been a major lack of stand-out candidates, he's been pretty average icon_biggrin.gif

not sure Ronnie's won it three times. maybe a couple </div></BLOCKQUOTE>He won it twice in a row

And i think it was another month aswell

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">List of 2006/07 winners

Month Player Team

August Ryan Giggs Manchester United

September Andy Johnson Everton

October Paul Scholes Manchester United

November Cristiano Ronaldo Manchester United

December Cristiano Ronaldo Manchester United

January Francesc Fabregas Arsenal

February Ryan Giggs Manchester United</pre>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">List of 2006/07 winners

Month Manager Team

August Sir Alex Ferguson Manchester United

September Steve Coppell Reading

October Sir Alex Ferguson Manchester United

November Steve Coppell Reading

December Sam Allardyce Bolton Wanderers

January Rafael Benitez Liverpool</pre>

The obviously this months for Fergie

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Giggs player of the month? I could probably name 4 players in our squad alone who have been better than him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Knew you would say that icon_biggrin.gif

Ronnie was vastly better than Giggs in February - was the inspiration behind the Spurs win and won us the Fulham game single-handedly. Giggsy scored a couple of good goals but was pretty anonymous against Charlton (taken off after an hour) and dire against Fulham.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

dire against Fulham. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still strongly dispute that, was the match where those there thought he was dire and those watching on TV thought he was MOTM icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

dire against Fulham. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still strongly dispute that, was the match where those there thought he was dire and those watching on TV thought he was MOTM icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye he were gash:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

o

/|\

\|/

|

/ \

</pre>

that was giggsy all game bar the goal which was a shin btw

You just want to watch me argue with people as opposed to arguing with me yourself for a change, I know your game icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

heh, nah just interested to hear your views.

giggs icon_cool.gif

he deserves player of the month just for the lille goal alone icon_cool.gif

(yes i know)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by the_cote_kid:

Scholes is ok for tomorrow isnt he? BBC dont list him in your squad for some reason. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeh. weird that. What with him being suspended and all.

fao season ticket holders

Gonna be no more of this phoning for aways malarky, see the email I got today

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Your email has been passed to me from David Gills office to investigate the problems you have recently experienced when trying to apply for European away tickets and to check your success in the ballot.

As I am sure you will be aware, we have this week have hosted the European XI charity match and have the forthcoming Bolton & Middlesbrough matches. In addition to this sales have commenced for Roma Away, Roma at home, Sheffield United & Middlesbrough at home in the League & Chelsea away.

I apologise for the problems you have experienced but can assure you we are committed to improving our systems and service. When so many games are on sale at any given time and given the success of the team it is inevitable there will be huge demand for tickets and a large volume of calls. We are aware that at times supporters have experienced difficulties in applying for both Chelsea and Roma away and as a result we extended both deadlines, supporters were given until midday on Wednesday to apply for Chelsea and the Roma deadline is now 8am on Tuesday (originally 5pm tonight).

You will be pleased to know that in the past few months we have developed our website with a view to accepting applications for away games online. We are hopeful that this will go live for the next away game, which is Everton, applications will be accepted on Thursday and Friday the 30th & 31st of March. I am sure you will find that this service suits the needs of all applications.

Regards

Sam </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

he'll play tomorrow, BELIEVE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bling suscribing to the Mart way of thinking icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Ferguson is hoping the need for maximum points will help generate a crackling atmosphere, although, not for the first time, he has found Old Trafford to be a more vibrant place away from Premiership combat.

Tuesday's charity game is a case in point, with the Scot likening the occasion to a carnival given the number of youngsters who watched.

"It was a different type of support," he said.

"But it is difficult to replicate that kind of atmosphere for a league game because there are so many visitors in our stadium from foreign countries." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good, the "carnival" atmosphere was terrible. Airhorns ffs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Ferguson is hoping the need for maximum points will help generate a crackling atmosphere, although, not for the first time, he has found Old Trafford to be a more vibrant place away from Premiership combat.

Tuesday's charity game is a case in point, with the Scot likening the occasion to a carnival given the number of youngsters who watched.

"It was a different type of support," he said.

"But it is difficult to replicate that kind of atmosphere for a league game because there are so many visitors in our stadium from foreign countries." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good, the "carnival" atmosphere was terrible. Airhorns ffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ferguson with a thinly veiled dig at foreign daytrippers \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

haw jonny, roma is yours </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Won't be coming round to rob you in your sleep now icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Celtic message board debating who was better in their prime. Cantona or Larsson? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's utterly hilarious, for the number of comparisons that say Henke was the better team player icon_biggrin.gif. Cantona was the ultimate team player, his biggest talent was his vision in linking the team and bringing others into the play. I've never seen a player before or since better at that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Cantona did bugger all in Europe, they're right about that. But it's a crap and unfair comparison. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He didn't do bugger all in europe. While he didn't quite hit the heights, that was at least as much down to the fact that the team never hit the heights as any personal failure.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BoroPhil:

you playing a full-strength team tomorrow? barring injuries obv </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Well with me being on the united coaching staff i will just call SAF and find out

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BoroPhil:

you playing a full-strength team tomorrow? barring injuries obv </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should be, although can see Ferguson 'resting' one or two for you lot on Monday.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

"i don't play for any particular team. I play for the idea of moving to madrid" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived