The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

"i don't play against any particular team. I play against the idea of losing" - Eric Cantona </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mark trying to misquote me icon_mad.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

"i don't play for any particular team. I play for the idea of moving to madrid" </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

fo ruud. mercenary twat

\o/ read a newspaper article today where the guy had his head semi screwed on.

Was talking about the treble and he was saying that just because we did it once doesn't mean there is a decent chance we will do it again. Was basically just saying that a treble is an all too rare of beasts.

He did seem to think we had a 95% chance of winning the league though :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

"i don't play for any particular team. I play for the idea of moving to madrid" </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

fo ruud. mercenary twat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_rolleyes.gif

A wide midfielder getting abuse from other fans for what he did at a world cup (check)

A testimonial game featuring some comedic French goalkeeping (check)

A CL Quarter Final against an Italian team who are expected to be tricky to beat (check)

A potential Semi Final against another Italian team who have stifled us in recent meetings (check)

A late goal at Anfield (check)

A tough no nonsense centre half (check)

4 quality strikers rotating their way into form (oops)

4-1 Win. Very good performance until we brought Richardson on.

Their goal was a joke, it was never a penalty in my opinion.

Rooney had a good game, its been a while since i've said that. He and Park both net twice and Ronaldo strolls to MoM.

Ronnie is just amazing and that second goal was brilliant.

MoM: Ronaldo

2nd: Rooney

What everybody else is saying, basically.

Brilliant show today. \o/

MOM: Ronnie

2nd: Rooney

Mentions in Despatches: Park, Smudge (Yeah - for one pass ! icon_wink.gif)

I turned down a ticket for this last night. icon_frown.gif Well, I'm there for Boro' and away to Roma, so the pocket wouldn't allow today's game.

C'est la vie, non ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

The Blackburn game has really become quite significant now, barring Chelsea that's the real tough game that we have left.

Which makes me even more pleased that we have Scholes back, wp replay icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still consider away at the MASSIVES to be a hard game because for the past 2 or 3 seasons we have done **** all over there except embarrassing us.

still not done by a long way. i reckon chelsea will win all their remaining games, the only tough ones are the geordies and arsenal away but they will stroll past the godawful mags and arsenal have nothing to play for so no doubt wont even turn up.

gonna come down to the last day this as we will definitely drop points at chelsea and one other game, probably city.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

The Blackburn game has really become quite significant now, barring Chelsea that's the real tough game that we have left.

Which makes me even more pleased that we have Scholes back, wp replay icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still consider away at the MASSIVES to be a hard game because for the past 2 or 3 seasons we have done **** all over there except embarrassing us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dunno why, I'm not massively (boom boom), concerned about that at this stage.

And ofc Bling it's not done, anyone who says it is must be deluded.

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Evans scores for Sunderland. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

msn pls

Easy choices for MOM today...

MOM: Ronaldo; obvious reasons.

2ND: Rooney; taking his goal well and exploiting Bolton's woeful defending.

Hon mentions - JSP (can't believe he maintained his composure twice from close range) & Gabby for dealing with Diouf and putting in some strong tackles. Great ball by Smithy for Rooney's second as well.

Actually though we were in for a torrid time in the first few minutes when JOS used his first 3 touches to give Bolton the ball but then Ronny decided to pull them apart so it was all okay even if it ended the match as a contest after 30mins. Bar the lack of a clean sheet & Gary's injury we can be quite pleased. Stepped out of the room so didn't see what happened for the penalty so can't contribute to AFFG.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

ben foster with a bad **** up. robinson scores for spurs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wha??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Cantona did bugger all in Europe, they're right about that. But it's a crap and unfair comparison. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably also down to the "3 foriegners" rule at that time. With players like Giggs, McClair, Hughes, Irwin etc. considered foriegners we can win bugger all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Red_Comet:

Cantona did bugger all in Europe, they're right about that. But it's a crap and unfair comparison. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably also down to the "3 foriegners" rule at that time. With players like Giggs, McClair, Hughes, Irwin etc. considered foriegners we can win bugger all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah he occupied a berth of that, there were times we needed someone to step up and he was nowhere to be seen.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xennaz:

Wha?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know how The Pole received a goal against Columbia in the friendly game? That's what happened to Foster now... just that it was a competitive league match in which Watford are sent relegating icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xennaz:

Wha?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know how The Pole received a goal against Columbia in the friendly game? That's what happened to Foster now... just that it was a competitive league match in which Watford are sent relegating icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ouch.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> FA Cup call-up for Cathcart

Craig Cathcart could make his first appearance on the United bench on Monday night, when Middlesbrough visit Old Trafford in the FA Cup quarter-final replay.

The Belfast-born defender, who turned 18 only last month, was this week given the squad number 32. And further encouragement came his way on Saturday when Sir Alex Ferguson name-checked him after the Bolton match on MUTV.

"Craig Cathcart, the youth team captain, and Dong Fangzhou will be the only ones added (to Saturday's squad for Monday)," confirmed Sir Alex.

This call-up for Cathcart follows injuries to senior defenders Gary Neville and Mikael Silvestre, who are expected to be out for three weeks and three months respectively.

Cathcart captained United's youth team in front of more than 38,000 fans at the Emirates Stadium on Wednesday night. Arsenal won the FA Youth Cup semi-final first leg 1-0 - the return leg is at Old Trafford on Monday 3 April, kick-off 19:30 GMT. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How good is he?

Get in! icon_biggrin.gif

Top class performance in first half, took our foot off the gas in the second. I don't think anyone can say anthing else about Ronaldo, his overall contribution today was outstanding and (I'll probably get stick for saying this but ah well) I REALLY liked seeing him in the middle driving towards defenders and them not having a clue which way he was going to go.

Rooney had his best game in ages and took his goals really well, especially his second and he looked like the Wazza of old (lets just hope this continues). Also thought Park and Carrick both had very good games, Park in the first half worked his socks off and deserved his two goals and Carrick did well to stop balls being threaded into Anelka and Diof. The back four looked top notch again Heinze had another good game at left back (we have some excellent competition with him and paddy in this position), Rio & Vida had their usual top class game and never put a foot wrong and Wes was back to his best.

Only real thing that unerved me today was Kuszack, cant remember him doing that much wrong tbf, but every time theres a cross into the box , he looks as if he's going for it and then goes back on his line, it must be a nightmare for Rio & Vida as they dont know if he's coming for the cross or not.

Said before this that the Blackurn game was worrying me more than this and I still belive that is a tough game, with the form they are in , just hope Wayne & Ronnie rip them to shreds like they did today.

MoM: Ronaldo

2nd: Rooney/Park/Carrick

Affg: Not sure, didn't really get a good view of it, will comment more after Motd.

Bolton fans so awfully crap, soon as third goal went in saw a few go down stairs in their enclosure into the concourse's . We out sung their support in first half, I don't remeber that happening before (maybe bar Liverpool this season), or at least thats what it sounded like from North Stand, Such small time supporters.

6 More Wins

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Anyone see the banner/flag hanging from WT2 before the game? red, white and black horizontal stripes, I think the black bit said "R.I.P <someone's name>". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No didn't see it , although wasn't looking tbf.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Affg: Not sure, didn't really get a good view of it, will comment more after Motd.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The penalty is given against Vidic but in my opinion its not a pen so the referee.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The penalty is given against Vidic but in my opinion its not a pen so the referee. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah I know that but I was sat on the other side of the incident, so didn't get that good of a view.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Neville out for three weeks

Gary Neville is likely to be out for three weeks after damaging his ankle ligaments against Bolton on Saturday.

The Reds skipper lasted less than ten minutes of the match after rolling his ankle in a challenge with Bolton midfielder Gary Speed.

"Gary Neville has ligament damage and he'll be out for three weeks, I feel," said the boss.

"It's a blow, there's no question about that. Wes Brown will continue now. I was actually going to leave Gary out on Monday to be honest, but Wes will definitely play now."

Wes Brown, who came on and did so well in Neville's place, is now likely to deputise for the Premiership visit of Blackburn on 31 March and the Champions League quarter final first leg against Roma at Stadio Olimpico on Wednesday 4 April.

If the initial three-week prognosis turns out to be accurate then Neville could return for the Premiership clash with Portsmouth at Fratton Park. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

never a pen in a 100 years, disgraceful decision. would be 10 pens a game if every decision like that was given.

ronaldo with one of the best performances in a shirt for a long time, admittedly not a HUGELY important game, but a very big game a much needed win. what a ****ing player, unreal. anything to keep him at the club. awesome. wow.

Rooney looked ALOT better, great finishes and some decent passes and play. ji spot was fb despite should've scored. how fluent is our attack when we have 3 wingers playing with waz, so good.

Wesley did fb replacing g nev, hope he isnt out for long though.

6 WINS!!

OHHH WANKY WANKY, WANKY WANKY WANKY WANKY WANDERERS

was quite worried about today. ace to be able to stop worrying and enjoy the game so early. Ronaldo just godly atm, looked like he did brilliantly for the first goal, the second goal was just a stunning stunning counter attack, looked like jaaskelainen made a mess of the third but wp ji for following in. never really troubled defensively, vida and gaby were ace, rio's distribution was atrocious although the bout of keepy-uppy with wes at the end was brilliant. carrick had a really good game, jos was so-so after a pitiful start, park did very well and took his goals surprisingly coolly, giggsy did alright in his more advanced role and rooooooooneh was back something near his best. richardson typically pap when he came on, shame he didn't get sent off really. smudge did well.

atmosphere was surprisingly good for a 12.45ko, that old title-chasing feeling is well and truly back. only one rendition of the cringeworthy stand up and support your team, not many scouse songs, plenty of proper united songs. bolton were gash, from the cheering of nev's injury to the aeroplane gestures at 3-0 down to the easeh chant after their consolation. still, i'm sure they'll console themselves by shagging a relative or two tonight.

only negative atmosphere-wise was a cockney woman behind me clearly at her first ever match. 50/60-odd, but spent the whole game shouting 'come on rooney! i love you ronaldo!' like a lovesick schoolgirl and embarrassing her son spectacularly. highlights included 'why are they playing up the other end?' whenever the action was down towards the scoreboard, 'ooh, i thought he was a foreigner' when told Wes was english, singing 'walking in a fergus wonderland' and claiming she knew the name of the Bolton manager, only to tell everyone it was Stan Dice. if i'd been drunk i'd have probably found it funnier i suppose.

Archived