The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

so upset I can't go to the semi. icon_frown.gif

btw you should all get tickets, everybody gets Blackburn (just over 6,000 tickets) and say the minimum the allocation is going to be double that (12,000) it looks promising. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, but a cup semi is a different proposition to blackburn away for loads of our fans, and so many are on the auto cup scheme now that applications will exceed the allocation i reckon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what do you mean by that?

applying for tickets won't involve the auto cup scheme, the game isn't played at old trafford. it's just the same as Boro away you had to ring up and apply as per usual.

watford will certainly send back a couple of thousand tickets anyway, I think you'll defo get them.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, but in the past semi/final tickets have been allocated firstly to those who have been to all home cup games (as away tickets are now). with so many new ST holders this season all being forced to join the ACS, there'll now be shedloads more who qualify under that criteria.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

yeah, not much of a career really. although i'm sure he's still earning more than most on here so good luck to him. the c**t. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't go lumping yourself in with the wage earners, dole boy.

dole? phfft. i scrounge off my parents thank you very much icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, fair play to you then. As long as i'm not indirectly paying for you, keep up the good (lack of) work icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

haha wsr icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's not funny. icon_frown.gif

hopefully if we beat watford, the gods will repay me and get me final tickets.

villa park ifb btw.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

haha wsr icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's not funny. icon_frown.gif

hopefully if we beat watford, the gods will repay me and get me final tickets.

villa park ifb btw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes, yes it is.

been twice and we've won twice icon_cool.gif

Mates, I was watching the highlights of you vs boro, and saw the ad boards around the stadium. Do you guys know why betfair(if I remember correctly) are offering Man Utd to win treble @8? seems ridiculously low, I'd not even give that for Champions League alone. Or is this a different treble? just curious.

betfred it is mate.

because they're mental </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

do you know if there's any other agencies offering higher? I'm keen to have a shot at it, have a feeling this is your year. Park to score the winner in Athens would just do it for me icon_cool.gif

Mika, without wanting to be seen as **** stirring (I genuinely can't remember) did you ever decided which you'd prefer - United winning the league or Hendry winning the World Championship?

I know which one I think's more likely after the jammy draw today...

oh man, one of my so called best mates is gonna get a twatting when I see him

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Mart - On the march with Fergies army says:

what dive? It wasn't a dive, he was clearly caught

tropical sunlife says:

He always dives. I just think liverpool is a better club and city thats all. Come on the real REDS

Mart - On the march with Fergies army says:

you're full of **** mate

tropical sunlife says:

Full of **** with 5 European Cups!

Mart - On the march with Fergies army says:

how the **** can you just change teams

tropical sunlife says:

Just want to mate, cant stand watching cheats, anyway am gonna do a ronaldo and dive to bed. Laters </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shreeves got torn apart by Fergie icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> ALEX FERGUSON launched a foul-mouthed attack on a TV reporter in a bust-up over Cristiano Ronaldo.

Manchester United’s boss called Sky’s Geoff Shreeves a ‘f*****g bastard’ and told him to ‘f**k off’.

Ferguson was furious with Shreeves for questioning his Portuguese wing wizard about allegedly cheating for his controversial penalty winner against Middlesbrough in Monday’s FA Cup clash.

The fiery Scot’s off-camera rant was so loud a BBC interview with Boro chief Gareth Southgate had to be abandoned.

Shreeves grilled Ronaldo about his latest ‘cheat’ storm in the tunnel after the quarter-final replay.

Beeb reporter Ivan Gaskell then tried to record Southgate’s verdict on the defeat for Match of the Day, only to have his work wind up on the cutting-room floor thanks to Ferguson.

Here is the full transcript of the blast at Shreeves from Fergie’s renowned ‘Hairdryer’.

SHREEVES: “I asked him . . . â€

FERGUSON: “F*****g (inaudible) bastard.â€

S: “Don’t talk to me like that.â€

F: “F**k off to you.â€

S: “Don’t talk to me like that. Don’t even think about it.â€

F: “Don’t you think about it, you ****. F**k off. Right?â€

S: “Listen, are you going to do the interview in a professional manner or not? Do you want to do it or not?â€

F: “You f*****g be professional. You be professional. You’re the one.â€

S: “I’m entitled to ask . . . . Cristiano gave the right answer.â€

F: “F*****g hell with your answers.â€

S: “Don’t talk to me like that. Go away. If you want to behave civilly, fine. Don’t talk to me like that.â€

F: “F**k off.†(door slams).

Gaskell to Southgate: “I’m going to have to ask that question again, if that’s all right.â€

Ferguson later announced he was ‘disgusted’ at Shreeves’ ‘disgraceful’ TV interview with Ronaldo.

He said of Monday’s spot-kick and Boro’s anger: “It was a clear penalty. It’s a shame. They are putting a stigma against the boy that he doesn’t deserve.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fergie so so right, Sky/media so scummy in their treatment of one of the best players in the world...not that we need him now SWP is 'back' \o/

Really hate the way the media will do ****ing anything to carry on a bandwagon against certain players, absolutely ridiculous and pathetic.

yeah, entertaining the fans deserves injury imo. disgusting.

interesting how its not being made a deal out of despite it being the sort of tackle that was obviously intended to injury the player hence the straight red. not sure if thats because its the brave young english player doing what all us gritty, brave englishmen would like to do to those p*ss taking foreigners or if its because its ronaldo, the little winker who obv deserves it.

england the smallest of small time countries.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

So listening to talksport this morning. Brazil was mouthing off saying how Ronaldo brought the Morrison tackle on himself and that if he showboats and does all his tricks, then a player is right to give him a kick.

Moron. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gregg, you've often been induced to come in here and point out a moronic comment from some Talksport presenter or another. This isn't having a go, but why do you bother listening? It's awful.

Because, when i'm driving to or home from work i like to have something on in the background.

Talksport is a little less annoying than Moyles or Mills on Radio 1. so whenever they're mouthing off rather than play music, I try and find a music station that is playing some music i like. if i don't find it. I switch to either Five Live or Talksport.

Should really get an MP3 player and car adapter i suppose but that's an expense i dont really want to make.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">S: “Don’t talk to me like that. Don’t even think about it.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is my personal favourite bit from the exchange. As if Shreeves was about to lay one on him or something icon_biggrin.gif

Archived