The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

FA Cup Semi Final Manchester United v Watford, Villa Park, Saturday 14 April, kick off 5:30pm

Our allocation and ticket prices are still to be confirmed however Executive Members can register an application by either telephoning the Ticket Order Line on 0870 442 1999 from Monday 26 March until Friday 30 March from 9am to 5pm or submitting a postal application ensuring incoming envelope is marked “FA Cup Semi Final†and is forwarded to Ticketing & Membership Services no later than 5pm on Friday 30 March additionally Season Ticket Holders who have purchased the following cup games from Season 2006 / 2007, Celtic, Copenhagen, Benfica, Aston Villa, Portsmouth, Reading, Lille and Middlesbrough are invited to register an application for this game by calling the 24 hour Ticket Order Line 0870 442 1999 from 9am on Monday 26 March through to 5pm on Friday 30 March.

If oversubscribed an automated ballot will take place to determine successful applicants.

Coach travel is available to Villa Park priced £19.00, coaches depart from car park N2 at 12 noon with an estimated return time of 9.30pm, successful applicants can book coach travel online at www.manutd.com or by calling 0870 442 1994 weekdays from 9am to 5pm.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Smith: It's good to be back

Cristiano Ronaldo may have earned all the plaudits after United's 1-0 FA Cup win over Middlesbrough, but it was Alan Smith who left Old Trafford sporting the biggest grin of the evening.

The Reds' striker made his first start of the season at Old Trafford since recovering from a broken leg and dislocated ankle sustained just over 13 months ago and impressed throughout his 70-minute run-out.

The 26-year-old forward says he is delighted to be back playing again in the first-team, and after the game paid tribute to Sir Alex Ferguson, who has been influential in his recovery.

"It's always been my aim to get back to the Alan Smith I was before my injury and the gaffer has been brilliant by giving me time to do that," he told MUTV.

"I think I would have been forced back into action early at other clubs and made to suffer in front of everyone who would be expecting my performances to be up to previous standards.

"It's been refreshing to be given time and the Boro game was a great occasion for me. It's what I've been working towards."

Smith admitted to feeling nervous before the quarter final replay against Gareth Southgate's side, in what was his first start at Old Trafford since December 2005.

"I had a few extra butterflies when I was walking down the tunnel, but I also had a big smile on my face too! Sometimes when you've been out it's difficult to get into the flow of games, but the lads told me to just go for it. I wear my heart on my sleeve and I want to show that to everyone

"Playing games for the best teams with the best players is what being a footballer is all about," he added. "And I know that at Manchester United I've got the opportunity to do that.

"There has been a lot of speculation recently over my future but that's never been in doubt between me and the club. I'm proud to play for this football club and hopefully my performances will show that."

The victory over Gareth Southgate's side mean United will still be fighting on three fronts when the players return from international duty next week. Smith is relishing the challenges that lie ahead and is hopeful of helping United secure at least one trophy between now and May.

"To be part of a team like ours who have a great chance of winning some silverware is fantastic," he beamed. "That's what I've worked so hard for. Hopefully when the difficult times come I can be one of those players who can come in and do a job for the team.

"There is a great spirit amongst the squad and all the lads want to win. This club sets very high standards and hopefully we can reach those standards."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif Smudge

"cristiano, only one place to start, was it a penalty?"

"as soon as he touched you, did you know it was a penalty, did you feel the contact?"

"could you have stayed on your feet?"

"why is it always controversy with cristiano ronaldo?"

"when you hear accusations that you cheated, how do you feel?"

when has any other player been interrogated like that after such a stonewall penalty? geoff shreeves such a massive c**t. always hated him, this just confirms his c**tishness. Fergie a bit silly to react like that, but apparently Shreeves was bricking it so it's not all bad.

Blackburn ticket sorted. icon14.gif

Guess who got left in Manchester again on Monday. icon_mad.gif

Still, had a nice night at the Piccadilly Tower (?) Hotel, and another day off yesterday. Got home to find that the old man had only called the Old Bill and reported me feckin' missing ! icon_biggrin.gif

Dead phone, y'see ? Couldn't phone anybody 'cos I couldn't get to their numbers. And there's no way I was phoning Pops at midnight - he goes to bed at nine, ffs.

85, tbh. icon_biggrin.gif

I was astounded. Don't they normally give it a little while before acting on a missing person report ? Hell, I wasn't even 24 hours late. Even twelve hours would've been pushing things. icon_biggrin.gif

They'd phoned my brother, my sister, been to see the folks at work . . . icon_eek.gif

Gregg - he really did it, ffs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

I was astounded. Don't they normally give it a little while before acting on a missing person report ? Hell, I wasn't even 24 hours late. Even twelve hours would've been pushing things. icon_biggrin.gif

They'd phoned my brother, my sister, been to see the folks at work . . . icon_eek.gif

Gregg - he really did it, ffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know you daft old sod. I was referring to the fact you weren't back in the old folks all time icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Nemanja Vidic and Cristiano Ronaldo will go head to head when Serbia host Portugal in next Wednesday’s Euro 2008 Group A qualifier.

They are just two of a plethora of United players linking up with their national squads this week. The tally would have been much higher had Gary Neville, Darren Fletcher, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Louis Saha and Mikael Silvestre not suffered injuries.

Neville misses England’s matches against Israel and Andorra through injury, but if his brother Phil plays in both matches then the pair will surpass Sir Bobby and Jack Charlton’s record as the most capped brothers for their country.

Rio Ferdinand, Wayne Rooney, Michael Carrick and Ben Foster are in Steve McClaren’s squad for the crucial Group E qualifiers. While in the Under-21s, Kieran Richardson will be one of the first players to experience playing at the new Wembley as England face Italy in a friendly on Saturday.

Jonny Evans, excelling in a loan spell with Sunderland, has been called into Lawrie Sanchez’s Northern Ireland squad to face Liechtenstein and Sweden.

John O’Shea and Darron Gibson, on loan at Royal Antwerp, are involved for the Republic of Ireland’s matches against Wales and Slovakia. The Irish pair could face Ryan Giggs for Wales on Saturday at Croke Park, before John Toshack’s side face San Marino the following Wednesday.

Edwin van der Sar has ruled himself out of Holland’s qualifier against Romania on Saturday. He is still suffering from a calf injury and will be assessed again before next Wednesday’s clash with Slovenia. Tomasz Kuszczak, who has deputised for the Dutchman in United’s side, is in Leo Beenhakker’s Poland squad for their games against Azerbaijan and Armenia.

In friendlies, Ji-sung Park will feature for South Korea against Uruguay, while Dong Fangzhuo will lead China’s front line against Australia and Uzbekistan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ronnie coming up against Vida, slightly worrying

apparently the dates for the pre-season tour of asia are:

July 17th in Japan

- 20th in Korea

- 23rd in Macao and

- 27th in Malaysia

Korea hardly surprising. strange we're not going to China with Dong now a full part of the squad supposedly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

Gregg - he really did it, ffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know you daft old sod. I was referring to the fact you weren't back in the old folks all time icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, you Trog. I was ignoring that. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Shreeves got torn apart by Fergie icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> ALEX FERGUSON launched a foul-mouthed attack on a TV reporter in a bust-up over Cristiano Ronaldo.

Manchester United’s boss called Sky’s Geoff Shreeves a ‘f*****g bastard’ and told him to ‘f**k off’.

Ferguson was furious with Shreeves for questioning his Portuguese wing wizard about allegedly cheating for his controversial penalty winner against Middlesbrough in Monday’s FA Cup clash.

The fiery Scot’s off-camera rant was so loud a BBC interview with Boro chief Gareth Southgate had to be abandoned.

Shreeves grilled Ronaldo about his latest ‘cheat’ storm in the tunnel after the quarter-final replay.

Beeb reporter Ivan Gaskell then tried to record Southgate’s verdict on the defeat for Match of the Day, only to have his work wind up on the cutting-room floor thanks to Ferguson.

Here is the full transcript of the blast at Shreeves from Fergie’s renowned ‘Hairdryer’.

SHREEVES: “I asked him . . . â€

FERGUSON: “F*****g (inaudible) bastard.â€

S: “Don’t talk to me like that.â€

F: “F**k off to you.â€

S: “Don’t talk to me like that. Don’t even think about it.â€

F: “Don’t you think about it, you ****. F**k off. Right?â€

S: “Listen, are you going to do the interview in a professional manner or not? Do you want to do it or not?â€

F: “You f*****g be professional. You be professional. You’re the one.â€

S: “I’m entitled to ask . . . . Cristiano gave the right answer.â€

F: “F*****g hell with your answers.â€

S: “Don’t talk to me like that. Go away. If you want to behave civilly, fine. Don’t talk to me like that.â€

F: “F**k off.†(door slams).

Gaskell to Southgate: “I’m going to have to ask that question again, if that’s all right.â€

Ferguson later announced he was ‘disgusted’ at Shreeves’ ‘disgraceful’ TV interview with Ronaldo.

He said of Monday’s spot-kick and Boro’s anger: “It was a clear penalty. It’s a shame. They are putting a stigma against the boy that he doesn’t deserve.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's the source of this article? I.e. gimme the god damn link icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Shreeves got torn apart by Fergie icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> ALEX FERGUSON launched a foul-mouthed attack on a TV reporter in a bust-up over Cristiano Ronaldo.

Manchester United’s boss called Sky’s Geoff Shreeves a ‘f*****g bastard’ and told him to ‘f**k off’.

Ferguson was furious with Shreeves for questioning his Portuguese wing wizard about allegedly cheating for his controversial penalty winner against Middlesbrough in Monday’s FA Cup clash.

The fiery Scot’s off-camera rant was so loud a BBC interview with Boro chief Gareth Southgate had to be abandoned.

Shreeves grilled Ronaldo about his latest ‘cheat’ storm in the tunnel after the quarter-final replay.

Beeb reporter Ivan Gaskell then tried to record Southgate’s verdict on the defeat for Match of the Day, only to have his work wind up on the cutting-room floor thanks to Ferguson.

Here is the full transcript of the blast at Shreeves from Fergie’s renowned ‘Hairdryer’.

SHREEVES: “I asked him . . . â€

FERGUSON: “F*****g (inaudible) bastard.â€

S: “Don’t talk to me like that.â€

F: “F**k off to you.â€

S: “Don’t talk to me like that. Don’t even think about it.â€

F: “Don’t you think about it, you ****. F**k off. Right?â€

S: “Listen, are you going to do the interview in a professional manner or not? Do you want to do it or not?â€

F: “You f*****g be professional. You be professional. You’re the one.â€

S: “I’m entitled to ask . . . . Cristiano gave the right answer.â€

F: “F*****g hell with your answers.â€

S: “Don’t talk to me like that. Go away. If you want to behave civilly, fine. Don’t talk to me like that.â€

F: “F**k off.†(door slams).

Gaskell to Southgate: “I’m going to have to ask that question again, if that’s all right.â€

Ferguson later announced he was ‘disgusted’ at Shreeves’ ‘disgraceful’ TV interview with Ronaldo.

He said of Monday’s spot-kick and Boro’s anger: “It was a clear penalty. It’s a shame. They are putting a stigma against the boy that he doesn’t deserve.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's the source of this article? I.e. gimme the god damn link icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its from the Sun, its on Rednews

Bayer Leverkusen 2001-02

In the league 5 points clear with 3 games to go

In German Cup final

In European Cup final

5 games from the joint greatest season ever in football history along with Manchester United 98-99.

Bayer won nothing that season. BE WARNED. IT COULD ALL BLOW UP IN OUR FACES.

Bayer Leverkusen 2001-02

In the league 5 points clear with 3 games to go

In German Cup final

In European Cup final

5 games from the joint greatest season ever in football history along with Manchester United 98-99.

Bayer won nothing that season. BE WARNED. IT COULD ALL BLOW UP IN OUR FACES. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

Mart is spot on tbf, we've won nothing yet, though in reality I like to think that most of the United fans on here realise that.

yeah been thinking about that possibility for a while now

the fact that Chelsea could quite easily do us in all 3 competitions makes me sh*t myself, but not quite as much as the prospect of Chelsea beating us to league and Cup and Liverpool doing us in the CL final

either way - its still very plausible we end up with nothing

moreso than winning the treble ffs

if you look (poster on ri) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That was after someone credited you with it though icon_biggrin.gif

"I'd like to go round Legoland with Sean Connery. Then afterwards we'd go for a lovely lamb lunch, in the centre of Windsor"

"gotta say Roy, I dont think thats Connery's cup of tea. I think Sean would rather do something like wander round the wild fowl park in Pepperstock with a bottle of Scotch"

"I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye."

*hangs up*

just watched that and thought this place was lacking some fantastic Partridge icon_cool.gif

what you did was unforgivable nick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif

i'm letting you borrow the day today ffs icon_frown.gif

what you did was unforgivable[/b] a stroke of genius nick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

Doubt you'd get odds of 10-1 on us winning nothing though Acou. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was 16-1 last week iirc? icon_biggrin.gif

Definite value there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

16-1 on us winning nothing?? icon_biggrin.gif

so tempted </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When you think about it those are really **** odds. When you consider how likely it is we will win the FA cup if nothing else.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

"I'd like to go round Legoland with Sean Connery. Then afterwards we'd go for a lovely lamb lunch, in the centre of Windsor"

"gotta say Roy, I dont think thats Connery's cup of tea. I think Sean would rather do something like wander round the wild fowl park in Pepperstock with a bottle of Scotch"

"I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye."

*hangs up*

just watched that and thought this place was lacking some fantastic Partridge icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\O/

"what a funny story.... hehe... wonder who got the powerpack... hehehe... hehehehe... hehehe... hehehe... hehe... hehe... NEWS"

Archived