The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

16-1 on us winning nothing?? icon_biggrin.gif

so tempted </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When you think about it those are really **** odds. When you consider how likely it is we will win the FA cup if nothing else. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree

If we assume it's the "obvious" final, in that sort of game I reckon Chelsea could very easily have us. Certainly rate them as favourites in a final between the 2 of us.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

found

when sorting throug various united-related things on my laptop earlier icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ronaldo giving the ball away. Sell him! icon_mad.gif

Oh, and Gabby's tackle on Morientes at Anfield was better than the tackles there. icon_cool.gif

ESPN on the boro game:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">MAN OF THE MATCH: Cristiano Ronaldo

If he didn't destroy Middlesbrough in the way he orchestrated the demolition of Bolton, this was another matched he determined. How would United have fared had he left last summer?

UNITED VERDICT: The regulars maintained their high standards, but the understudies, with the notable exception of Gabriel Heinze, failed to convince. Ryan Giggs provided some incisive and well-judged passing from the anchor role in midfield, but Kieran Richardson was a predictably inadequate deputy on the left flank. Wes Brown, meanwhile, emerged a distant second in his duel with Stewart Downing on an evening to enhance the reputation of the absent Gary Neville.

And while Alan Smith's quest for match sharpness is a mitigating factor, his display in attack means the return of Louis Saha and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will be timely. Although he has had an extended run in midfield and one-third of his appearances have been as a replacement, Smith's United goal tally stands at 11 in 82 appearances. It is not a record to fill them with confidence. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

i just want the league so much </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't we all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

found

when sorting throug various united-related things on my laptop earlier icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

Love that passage of play, superb defending.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I doubt Smith could have started more than 20 games upfront for us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

27 starts in his first season, which would have been all or almost all up front i think. 15 sub appearances that season as well, and he scored 10 goals.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Ronnie reiterates United stance

Cristiano Ronaldo has reiterated that his long-term plan is to stay at Manchester United.

Ronaldo is strongly linked with moves to Real Madrid and Barcelona almost on a daily basis.

Yet the player's representatives are currently in talks with United over a new contract and the 22-year-old seems as set as ever on pledging his future to The Red Devils.

"I consider myself a footballer at Manchester United who is playing well and trying to help the team," he told The Sun.

"I want to leave my mark on this era, win titles and be a figure in the history of this club.

"If things keep going well I want to stay here. I'm only thinking about Manchester United and I want to stay here for more than another two years.

"I want to stay here but nobody knows what's in the future. As I said a long time ago, one day I want to play in Spain.

"But right now I'm happy where I am and I want to continue because I'm at a great football club. I'm not a Galactico.

"It's always important to know the biggest clubs are interested in your work as it means everything is going very well."

Both Ronaldo's agent Jorge Mendes and manager Sir Alex Ferguson have insisted there is no rush to finalise a new contract - and the winger does not expect any problems.

"We're negotiating and everything is being defined for me to stay here," he added.

"Jorge is talking with the club and I think everything will turn out well and I will stay here."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Has anyone read 'Best and Edwards' by Gordon Burn?

I'm about 80 pages into it, and it's probably the best football book I've ever read. So well written. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I take it that's not the guy who did Krypton Factor?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> EIDUR GUDJOHNSEN may be out with the Nou and in with the Old this summer by joining Manchester United from Barcelona, writes ANDREW DILLON.

The Iceland striker is one of the leading names on United boss Alex Ferguson’s shopping list to fill the gap left by Henrik Larsson.

Fergie reckons he could get his man to leave Barcelona’s Nou Camp for Old Trafford for around £8million.

Ironically, Gudjohnsen quit Chelsea for Barcelona last summer to take over from Sweden veteran Larsson.

Gudjohnsen, 27, is one year into a four-year, £70,000-a-week contract with Barca but has found his appearances limited.

He scored 16 goals in his last season with Chelsea and Fergie has been a long-term admirer of the striker’s playmaking talents — as well as his eye for spectacular goals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

love eidur but not the right sort of forward for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sums my views up too.

It's not quite Blanc-esque, but it is a case of a couple of years too late for me.

Although he holds a special place in my heart - I went to the United-Arsenal game in 2001 courtesy of a couple of free tickets acquired through my best mate winning a football lookalike competition as Gudjohnsen.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/de...x?iid=73665590&cdi=0

getty so racist

they all must look the same eh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

that reminds me, a bit off topic but did anyone see chelsea v spurs 1st leg? how bad was motty towards y p lee ffs!

CONTINUALLY referred to him as 'the little korean' often not bothering to say his name icon_biggrin.gif

Heh, Motsonisms. Up until about a year ago, he couldn't describe any action involving Wayne Rooney without the mention of his age, eg:

'Here's Rooney, the 19 year old, A CHANCE FOR GLORY!'

Usually said when Wayne took a couple of touches on the half way line.

Tickets all sold out for the remainder of the season, from Bedford branch that is. icon_frown.gif

I may need help getting ticketage for the last few games, folks.

West Ham for certain, and any others that become available.

I already have a Blackburn ticket sorted.

Thanks in advance. icon14.gif

Archived