The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw2255:

good point, i forgot about heinze, but will evra be available for it?

Who you gonna play left back </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

when jonny goes marching.....

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

ahaha utterly convinced we had this lost regardless of the domination. sounds like we should be about 5 up with the comedy misses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we would have lost this game last season

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fredthered:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

ahaha utterly convinced we had this lost regardless of the domination. sounds like we should be about 5 up with the comedy misses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we would have lost this game last season </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we did

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fredthered:

we would have lost this game last season </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we did </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

wp wilbie btw who threw some notes on scholes scoring iirc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed. Shall pay for my night out tonight.

Performance of champions today lads, it's ours.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wilbie:

wp wilbie btw who threw some notes on scholes scoring iirc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed. Shall pay for my night out tonight.

Performance of champions today lads, it's ours. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wholeheartedly agree.

I estimate about 7.

With the amount of clear cut chances we had the score should have been about 8-1 ffs.

MoM: Scholes - kept his cool for most of the game and most importantly for that first goal where he dribbled two defenders.

Runner-up: Rio - for smashing the fans face in frustration. It got the team going icon_wink.gif (but realistically it's Ronaldo i think)

AFFG - Brown and Carrick. Though Carrick was just unlucky, Brown failed to react quick enough.

Telling you guys, the key to winning the premiership is for Park to start banging in these tap-ins he keeps getting icon_cool.gif

And maybe for Rooney to actually hit the ****ing net.

Title isn't over ffs.

Today was a huge banana skin which was avoided, man I love Scholes, fantastic goal and runner up for motm, winner obviously Ronaldo.

Chris Foy iafc, friedel iafc and the twat that insulted my vida shirt iafc.

vida :*(, gutted.

red nevs return utterly vital now as at least then we can stick brown at cb. hes way off the pace at the mo but can be superb alongside rio when hes settled. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What he said about Brown. I didn't see him today, but before then i'd have also said he's improved already over the last few weeks, and he's been playing out of position. While you'd play Vidic, Brown's an excellent backup.

Again excluding today, i'd also say that John O'Shea has also played pretty well the last few time he's played right back. While we want Gary back ASAP, until then with Evra almost back i think that gives us two pretty good options for the back 4, either

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> O'Shea Rio Wes Evra </pre>

or

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Wes Rio Gabby Evra </pre>

either of which are decent.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Oh, and i got a lot of strange looks when i shouted "yes" when Scholes equalised.

Although I suppose that was fair enough seeing as i was in the supermarket at the time icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

woke katy up screaming icon_frown.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

red nevs return utterly vital now as at least then we can stick brown at cb. hes way off the pace at the mo but can be superb alongside rio when hes settled. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What he said about Brown. I didn't see him today, but before then i'd have also said he's improved already over the last few weeks, and he's been playing out of position. While you'd play Vidic, Brown's an excellent backup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he was very very good today when he moved inside, although tbf that's with the caveat that blackburn scored before he'd really even had a chance to take up the position and then afterwards they didn't offer much, obviously

god, what a day. i'd forgotten how terrifyingly awesome games like this are when you're after the title

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

Saw two stars today,

Off topics very own star nickogs20 who casually walked past me in the train line without seeing me and then I saw James Nesbitt.

but he's gay </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ha, where was that? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

If its just a collarbone, he might be back before the end of the season. They usually only take 3-4 weeks to heal, and maybe an extra week just to make doubly sure he'd be ok. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

month is the estimate. back for the last couple of league games and any possible finals with any luck. the fact it's an upper body injury is good as well, he shouldn't lose too much in terms of fitness/sharpness.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Saw two stars today,

Off topics very own star nickogs20 who casually walked past me in the train line without seeing me and then I saw James Nesbitt.

but he's gay </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ha, where was that? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the train line, near the ambulances </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah, in the queue? i was too busy laughing at the tracy barlow chants in the tunnel i think

Archived