The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Most Sikhs come from the Punjab region of Pakistan and India, although significant communities exist around the world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahaha. I wanted to say "indians" in my original post but i thought to play on the safe side and call them arabic icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's the "taliban" comment that is more concerning tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol. Ono i called them taliban. Ono. It's not like a was freakin serious, geeeez.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

regardless, it's disconcerting that people describe people who look even vaguely arabic as being part of the "taliban" even in a joking sense.

Which is what Bling was refering to with the "racist" comment. I think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like white men can't be talibans icon_biggrin.gif

Lindh would protest to that.

regardless, it's disconcerting that people describe people who look even vaguely arabic as being part of the "taliban" even in a joking sense.

Which is what Bling was refering to with the "racist" comment. I think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This whole "racist" comment and reaction is just as awful and stupid as white men jumping when they hear the word "white trash", albino, bacon bits, beach-******, bean dipper, bird ****, bleach boy etc.

So what. Everybody is jumping everywhere "that's a racist term, that's a racist term. u racist". Grow up people for the love of god.

What IS racist being a shop keeper, have a white man pick up a wrapped ice-cream, then put it back and pick up another and then when a malaysian comes in (he is not even black ffs) and touches a wrapped ice-cream and wants to put it back he says to him: "you have to buy that, you are not allowed to put it back".

THAT is racist. Not this whole freakin namecalling that most of the time people don't even mean it.

Having seen Blackburn's goal from yesterday again I'm happy to change my AFFG opinion to Wes because he does, as has been said, lose Derbyshire prior to the goal. It makes him more culpable than Carrick as well & I also agree that the ball skipped up harshly for VDS.

• SI Staff

Great game yesterday, thought i'd pop in to say how awesome the atmosphere, I was stuck up in the upper north stand and I was miffed cause my experiences up there have always been the most horrendous atmospheres and dodgy looks for singing etc but it was great yesterday. Absolutely rocking when Scholes scored and didn't let up from that point on really, loudest i've heard it icon14.gif

Well done SLO_Fila, you've just confused yourself over 3 different races of people that come from three different regions of the world and have very small degrees of similarity with each other. Wp.

The game was fb , yelled out f*** yeah when Carrick scored and woke up my dad. But what a comeback, was bricking it thinking we've stuffed it but the response was excellent. Shame Chelsea nicked another last minute win.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tanman007:

Well done SLO_Fila, you've just confused yourself over 3 different races of people that come from three different regions of the world and have very small degrees of similarity with each other. Wp.

The game was fb , yelled out f*** yeah when Carrick scored and woke up my dad. But what a comeback, was bricking it thinking we've stuffed it but the response was excellent. Shame Chelsea nicked another last minute win. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatever.

The simple fact is that for me everybody is human and i don't give a rats arse from where they are coming from and i don't judge by that. Apparently you guys think different because everyone is so touchy if i call someone, in joke, something they are not.

And you act all righteous and **** but then you guys sing Park, in your country you eat dogs.

For the love of god, come up with a ****ing better song because in no way will i associate to that.

christ this is just shocking journalism from the times

clicky

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Rooney wasted four good chances of the sort he used to deem routine, and his frustration got the better of him early in the second half when, through on goal and flagged offside, he thrashed the ball into the crowd, injuring a middle-aged woman. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

christ this is just shocking journalism from the times

clicky

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Rooney wasted four good chances of the sort he used to deem routine, and his frustration got the better of him early in the second half when, through on goal and flagged offside, he thrashed the ball into the crowd, injuring a middle-aged woman. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If i was Rooney i would sue tbh. Defamation of character.

reported bbb for making a mockery of the reporting system

how the times managed to mix up a smallish stocky scouser with a lanky former west ham player born in peckham and with a st. lucian background, who also has cornrows, is amazing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

reported bbb for making a mockery of the reporting system

how the times managed to mix up a smallish stocky scouser with a lanky former west ham player born in peckham and with a st. lucian background, who also has cornrows, is amazing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rio has no hair.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

If you have reported him, you're the worst mincer in this thread since Carter

:ratinho: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Relatively intrigued.

My mate (also a United fan) went to see the battle of the Joneses with a Derby season ticket holder yesters, bought a "Jones 7" shirt himself. Eejit.

Just a couple of idle thoughts/questions re: the match; firstly - Ronnie's freekick. Is it me or did he hit it in the more traditional way, curling the ball with the inside of his boot? While it's feasible he mishit it, if it WAS intentional and he can get the kind of power and accuracy with efforts like that and still alternate to his more usual 'hit across the ball and watch it go batshit' method, he's gonna be a real danger.

Secondly, with Johnny presumably going into RB for Roma, is there a silver lining to the ominous thundercloud of Vida's injury, since Fergie can't play his usual 4-5-1? As far as I can see the only way he can would be dropping Giggs into midfield, and I can't see him playing Wazza or a half-fit Smudger (in for Park with Rooney moving to the wing) alone up front.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

for those wondering rossi is looking fb against inter atm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since i cant watch the match a full report after its finished on how he did during the game would be much appreciated.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

for those wondering rossi is looking fb against inter atm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since i cant watch the match a full report after its finished on how he did during the game would be much appreciated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed! Also if there's any stats on how he's performed this season in Italy then that would be muchly appreciated too icon14.gif

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Marshy, how did Roma do yesterday? any injuries or anything? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1-1 against Milan, no injuries of note, didn't look particularly special

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXFVLd603wk

quality finish for a defender </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did I see Chivu sporting a lovely mask or face-brace thingy?

Maybe Rio was practicing his "head shots" during the Blackburn game icon14.gif

Archived