The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently he's done well lately in the reserves, but I'm not really sure why he's still at the club. But then again, Richardson's still here.

No to Solskjaer starting on the wing to whoever posted their team btw, if he plays it should just be up front these days.

As for the rivalries, I'm happy with where Leeds are. I don't hate them any less now that they're gash.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

Yes

Just getting a few thing sorted then i'm heading down </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool! Well it will be a once in a lifetime sort of experience for me if i can ever watch the Man Utd 1st team plays as i'm from Asia.. icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Dan - Eagles is better than Richardson, though I am better than Richardson, heck even Mart is better than Richardson. Certainly can't do anyworse than KR, so worth giving him a chance off the bench in this game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm guessing you've not seen Mart play?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Dan - Eagles is better than Richardson, though I am better than Richardson, heck even Mart is better than Richardson. Certainly can't do anyworse than KR, so worth giving him a chance off the bench in this game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Precisely.

The only reason I had Ole on the wing was, presuming Giggs will be rested for Tuesday, the only alternative I can think of would be Richardson. Since Saha's hamstring is still knacked, looks like Ole will start with Fletch and KR will play icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RSB:

Precisely.

The only reason I had Ole on the wing was, presuming Giggs will be rested for Tuesday, the only alternative I can think of would be Richardson. Since Saha's hamstring is still knacked, looks like Ole will start up front with Smudge and KR will play icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was half thinking that Fletch might be shunted to the flank and confused myself icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan Goodwin:

Is Eagles any good btw? I always thought he was a bit too light weight and probably not going to make the grade. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are pretty much spot on there but Eagles has a bit of skill to him and can at least find a team mate on occasion so i would have him on before Richardson.

I remember when Eagles came on against Leeds and was great. I think there were a fair few who thought he was going to be a good player for us after that game but he just hasnt come on at all since then really.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by titchuk:

Thought he might have given Cathcart 5 minutes.

Is he any good? Never seen him play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doubt anyone has seen him play yet..he was drafted in from the reserves/Youth team icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

And no Rio for a few weeks i'm guessing.

A back four of Evra, Cathcart, Brown and Heinze for a few weeks? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>If Cathcart didn't get on today then i doubt he will start from now on

2 things I have realised today that have been bugging me for ages:

1) Heinze runs in the same style as a King Rollo cartoon, all arms and legs as if badly animated.

2) Ferguson's celebration looks like his steering wheel has come away from the column and he continues driving above his head.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lpx88:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by titchuk:

Doubt anyone has seen him play yet..he was drafted in from the reserves/Youth team icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And nobody ever watches them, do they ?

Richardson did 1 good thing (get the goal, touch prior to the chip with dire though), but then did you see that run where he went down the left twizzled about a bit then proceeded to try and 'cross' it which just trickled the ball back to the opposition.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by qwerty2k:

Richardson did 1 good thing (get the goal, touch prior to the chip with dire though), but then did you see that run where he went down the left twizzled about a bit then proceeded to try and 'cross' it which just trickled the ball back to the opposition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only other thing he did, wasn't it ?

He really must go. The sooner the better.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lpx88:

Doubt anyone has seen him play yet..he was drafted in from the reserves/Youth team icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And nobody ever watches them, do they ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hes the reserve team captain and at least me and Nick have seen him play.

I like him. Looked good at reserve level since making his debut at 16.

Wouldnt bother me to give him his debut on Tuesday rather than play a non defender in defence.

MoM: Smith

Runner-up: Rooney

AFFG: freakin boot in the head and deflection

Oh and the ref was absolutely atrocious.

I hope Rio comes back soon. I don't mind him sitting out on Sheffield, think we will pull through that anyway but he better be ready for next weekend icon_frown.gif

Our defence in the 2nd half looked like chaos waiting to happen. With a better opponent we would have looked like a 3rd division side at the back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Rio says he should be back for Saturday but doubts it for Tuesday. Of course hes not medically trained though so i wont get my hopes up just yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well let's hope his gut feeling or naivity or stupidness or whatever is right icon_biggrin.gif

Or else it would mean what 80% of us have been saying all along. Season collapse!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Just got home, good game, running out of defenders, Richardson still dire, off to bed icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We can always get JT. Crock him up for the rest of the season and then send him back to Chelsea icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

And nobody ever watches them, do they ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hes the reserve team captain and at least me and Nick have seen him play.

I like him. Looked good at reserve level since making his debut at 16.

Wouldnt bother me to give him his debut on Tuesday rather than play a non defender in defence. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he's youth team captain tbf. Kieran Lee is reserve skipper, and i don't understand why he's not in the first team squad atm really.

everyone seems to be forgetting that Fergie has said Nev is back for Tuesday anyway. back four of Nev-Wes-Gaby-Paddy isn't too shabby for just one game.

delighted about today, didn't feel like a semi really, no tension there at all even when they equalised, and the dire watford fans didn't help the atmosphere. it's sinking in now that we're in the first final at the new wembley though icon_cool.gif

Read somewhere (Sky or BBC I think) that Nev won't be back til Sat, same for Sheasy from what I've read.

Think you could maybe have Scholesy down for the AFFG; could've closed Smith down more. Could be a tad harsh though.

Along with those already mentioned, thought Carrick had another top game today. Really looking the part.

strange game tbh. 4-1, but for long periods we looked cod ordinary. I think we saw why Gaby has never got a run a centre-half for us before, he was diabolical tbh once he switched inside.

Evra looked much more comfortable back on the left, but that was hardly surprising and Fletch did well enough for someone who's probably never played full-back in his life. Smith & Rooney the pairing for the rest of the season please, with Saha-ah my knee/leg/hamstring/groin/calf/back on the bench if he ever gets fit then ****ed off in the summer.

How long's JOS out for? If he's available Tuesday I'd go O'Shea-Nev-Brown-Evra for the back 4.

Smith, Rooney and Mika afb

Craig Foster ftw too. Ronaldo's not yet the best in the world because he hasn't stepped up in big games and taken his team by the scruff of the neck. So basically what he's saying is that Ronaldo needs to do stuff like putting a motm performance in in an FA Cup final, being instrumental in getting his national team to the semis of a World Cup, and scoring late goals to help his club team towards a title?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> MANCHESTER UNITED are ready to make a sensational summer move for Michael Owen.

Sir Alex Ferguson has focused his search for a striker on Newcastle's 27-year-old England star, who has a £12million release clause in his contract.

Owen has been out with a serious knee injury since last summer's World Cup finals but scored in a friendly game against Gretna last week.

Pleading

He has been pleading with Toon boss Glenn Roeder for a chance in the first-team and could make his comeback against Chelsea next week.

Ferguson will only launch a bid if he is fully satisfied Owen has recovered from the knee operation.

A well-placed United source told us: "It is no secret that Sir Alex wants another striker and he is bound to be attracted by someone of Owen's pedigree at such a competitive price. Naturally we would have to be certain he has recovered from his injury and that is why his return will be closely monitored.

"Ideally we want to see him in action for several games between now and the end of the season."

United's interest is certain to appeal to Owen, even though he still feels a debt to Newcastle after they paid £16m to sign him from Real Madrid nearly two years ago.

Owen still has his main home in the north-west, near Chester, even though he has a property in the north-east.

He is itching to get back into Premiership action and has also earmarked England's Euro Championship qualifier against Estonia in June for his international return. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think we saw why Gaby has never got a run a centre-half for us before, he was diabolical tbh once he switched inside. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the opposite, I think he was so much better in the centre than on the left hand side yesterday.

As for the Owen story - if its a stop gap then it could be a good move, he will score goals for us. However I personally would like to see Dong and Campbell given a chance ahead of signing Owen. Shaun Custis is having a right moan about this story (mainly at Newcastle United) on Jimmy Hill's Sunday Supplement at the moment.

Archived