The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by something less annoying:

How much money have we got this summer btw? Did Uncle Malc say £25m per season or £25m per window? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uncle Malc doesn't even know what day it is anymore. I think he may actually be dead but they aren't telling us. Not seen him on tv or anything for ages.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by something less annoying:

How much money have we got this summer btw? Did Uncle Malc say £25m per season or £25m per window? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uncle Malc doesn't even know what day it is anymore. I think he may actually be dead but they aren't telling us. Not seen him on tv or anything for ages. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably been disguising himself so he can do secret scouting of Torres, Hargreaves, Kaka', Ronaldinho etc

we've got just shy of £75m

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Uncle Malc doesn't even know what day it is anymore. I think he may actually be dead but they aren't telling us. Not seen him on tv or anything for ages. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably been disguising himself so he can do secret scouting of Torres, Hargreaves, Kaka', Ronaldinho etc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He probably finds it challenging to scout around his toilet seat at the minute nevermind Torres, Kaka and the like.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

keith's applying as we speak </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mart's master or FA Cup Final? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well being he owes me i am sort of his master but NOT in a gay way.

Besides he's too fat/old etc

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

shut the hell up keith ffs.

smug arse winning on the national </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so bitter lol

spent most of my winnings on yesterday tbf

there was £150 profit

ticket £45

car park £10

petrol £60

food £10

leaves me a tiny bit

My Dad got arrested yesterday before the game for "being drunk while attempting to enter a football stadium"; £50 fine and he only got let out at 10:30 hahaha what a moron. icon_biggrin.gif

Gutted I missed the Roma game, the day out yesterday, my Dad getting arrested and ofc the game. Ah well, hopefully with a bit... with a lot of luck we'll get tickets for the final. MON!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

What was he doing to alert them to being drunk?

I assume they didn't just smell it on him... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

walking around with a traffic cone on his head maybe?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

What was he doing to alert them to being drunk?

I assume they didn't just smell it on him... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He told me he wasn't even drunk, he was probably staggering everywhere though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

22k allocation for the final apparently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bwahhahahaha.

Good to see that the FA are sticking with tradition and showing contempt for the common fan icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

22k?!

So that's 44k, excellent stuff.

please die FA. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so a semi in a 45k stadium dishes out 35k tickets to the two clubs yet the final dishes out 44k tickets to the clubs in a 80odd k stadium or whatever it is

ffs i blame the scouse **** in charge

could dish out 30-35k to each team ans have 20k left over ffs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

and i bet i have WSR's dad on video - remember taking one of all these lads in a police van singing united songs icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they were ffffffffb icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">don't forget those 10 year season ticket holder malarkys </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What a joke they are i looked at the prices the other day. They are a ridiculuos price

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">don't forget those 10 year season ticket holder malarkys </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What a joke they are i looked at the prices the other day. They are a ridiculuos price </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so i see

cheapest has a £3,900 one of licence fee and a annual payment of £1,350.

So what do you actually get for that in terms of games/events per year?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

What a joke they are i looked at the prices the other day. They are a ridiculuos price </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so i see

cheapest has a £3,900 one of licence fee and a annual payment of £1,350.

So what do you actually get for that in terms of games/events per year? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>FA Cup semis and the final, all England games, League Cup final, some random Rubgy final i think

And you get first choice for gigs and such but you have to pay for the tickets still

so i see

2 fa semis plus the fianls of the fa the shield and the worthless cup ie 5 games then england internationsl which would be no more than 4/5 a year on average and the RL cup final

10/11 games a year or £135 a game approx

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If I don't get a final ticket, I will probably try and go to the Community Shield. Will tickets be much easier to get for that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

always are. probably cheaper as well.

Oh ye the Shield i knew i missed one

£135 a game icon_biggrin.gif

Is it just normal seats aswell? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the figures were the cheapest of the 4 10 year seat options the highest was somewhat more

Its £135 a game assuming ten games a year obviously if there were 13 games a year it would 'only' be £100 a game

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

If I don't get a final ticket, I will probably try and go to the Community Shield. Will tickets be much easier to get for that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, piece of cake. never been any trouble in the past.

will be absolutely furious if we don't get cup final tickets. even with the amazing season we've been having on the field, various stuff away from the actual games has been making me more and more disillusioned with the game. sounds a bit melodramatic i know but when you expend so much time and money following your team only to not get tickets for the big events (because someone who's just got their season ticket and has never applied for an away ticket in their life, or now seemingly because the FA have sold off half the capacity of Wembley to faceless corporate non-entities), you start to wonder what the f**king point is anymore.

it's like wining and dining the girl of your dreams, getting her back home and then some random butts in and has his wicked way with her (there's an obvious, FC United themed continuation of that analogy but i don't think i'm quite at that stage yet).

nick, you don't have to be at that stage to go to fc - plenty do both to satisfy their needs. having a mistress, you might say. she doesn't make the same demands of you and is fully aware of the full time commitments you have with the other half.

I agree with Nick, it's heartbreaking (dramatic I know) when you apply for aways, get chubbed and then you see hoards of ***** dressed in replicas (generally foreign), not moving and filming the game with a bastard mobile phone/camcorder.

You have the likes of James07?/his parents that travel all over, iirc they've done all the euro aways this season, it comes to arguably the biggest game of the season so far (semi) and bam they get chubbed whilst some ****** who hasn't been to any aways gets a ticket.

Dreading what the criteria for the cup final will be and no doubt we'll see the same replica clad muppets filming the game.

it's an utter disgrace, no doubt Chelsea will get the same allocation as us even though they couldn't be arsed to travel 4 hours to Manchester.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The Final details

Wednesday, 28 March 2007.

The FA can confirm that this year's Final of The FA Cup sponsored by E.ON will be played at the new Wembley Stadium on Saturday 19 May.

We can also announce that The FA Carlsberg Trophy and The FA Carlsberg Vase Finals will be held at Wembley Stadium on 12 and 13 May (respectively) at a capped capacity as part of the build up to the official opening on 19 May.

Ticket details for all FA Finals will be announced in due course, however please note that tickets for The FA Cup, The FA Trophy and The FA Vase Finals cannot be purchased directly from The FA.

The vast majority of tickets will be allocated to the two competing Finalists; for security reasons, there will not be a neutral section for The Final of any FA Competition. Once we provide a club with their allocation, it is entirely at the club's discretion how they re-allocate and sell these tickets to their supporters. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fingers crossed then.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

nick, you don't have to be at that stage to go to fc - plenty do both to satisfy their needs. having a mistress, you might say. she doesn't make the same demands of you and is fully aware of the full time commitments you have with the other half. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nice work icon_biggrin.gif

yeah, i see your point. i should make more of an effort to get along really, there's just something about only going to games when there are no big united commitments that doesn't appeal - feels a bit part-time maybe.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The vast majority of tickets will be allocated to the two competing Finalists; </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

interesting. hopefully means WSR's source was wrong, although it wouldn't unlike the FA to be talking sh*t.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The vast majority of tickets will be allocated to the two competing Finalists; </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

interesting. hopefully means WSR's source was wrong, although it wouldn't unlike the FA to be talking sh*t. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>WSR got it off RI i would guess as i saw it on there

Archived