The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

right, why wasn't i told it was from RI right at the start? would have taken it with the proverbial fistful of salt then icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wasn't that one of the things Mart was offering in his ad?

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

nick, you don't have to be at that stage to go to fc - plenty do both to satisfy their needs. having a mistress, you might say. she doesn't make the same demands of you and is fully aware of the full time commitments you have with the other half. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nice work icon_biggrin.gif

yeah, i see your point. i should make more of an effort to get along really, there's just something about only going to games when there are no big united commitments that doesn't appeal - feels a bit part-time maybe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there's plenty that do the same. no need to feel part time but that's up to you, how you feel.

like when we played maine road on easter monday, 3600 there, which is much larger than our average attendance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

You have the likes of James07?/his parents that travel all over, iirc they've done all the euro aways this season, it comes to arguably the biggest game of the season so far (semi) and bam they get chubbed whilst some ****** who hasn't been to any aways gets a ticket.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how the hell does that work?

Do you not have a loyalty system of any sorts? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by atvkwkad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

You have the likes of James07?/his parents that travel all over, iirc they've done all the euro aways this season, it comes to arguably the biggest game of the season so far (semi) and bam they get chubbed whilst some ****** who hasn't been to any aways gets a ticket.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you not have a loyalty system of any sorts? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not really. you have to have bought a ticket to all home cup games, but that's mandatory for all the new season ticket holders we've taken on this season so that's already more fans eligible than the allocation.

if you've applied for all away games for a certain period you have a slight advantage but still no guarantee.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by atvkwkad:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No its a system where if you've been to 70% of the games then your chances of getting the 30% will be slimmer. It's to give the other supporters a chance to get to games therefore evens it out betweem hardcore and none hardcore fans.

I've had no luck what so every for the last 5 matches this season. Hopfully I can get the West Ham one.

Do you not have a loyalty system of any sorts? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's really really ********.

Its been a while since we were in an FA Cup Semi and Final, but I remember us going back over the season and categorising every game we'd played into A, B, C and D with a certain amount of "loyalty points" (or something similiarly named) allocated to each. Everyone who was in the top bracket of points and could prove it had first shot at the tickets, then a few days later everyone in the second tier were allowed to buy some and so on until all the tickets were sold.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry redo the post again.

No its a system where if you've been to 70% of the games then your chances of getting the 30% will be slimmer. It's to give the other supporters a chance to get to games therefore evens it out betweem hardcore and none hardcore fans.

I've had no luck what so every for the last 5 matches this season. Hopfully I can get the West Ham one.

that's really really ********.

Its been a while since we were in an FA Cup Semi and Final, but I remember us going back over the season and categorising every game we'd played into A, B, C and D with a certain amount of "loyalty points" (or something similiarly named) allocated to each. Everyone who was in the top bracket of points and could prove it had first shot at the tickets, then a few days later everyone in the second tier were allowed to buy some and so on until all the tickets were sold. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hopefully they'll do something like that. fwiw the final criteria for me would go

All home cup games plus Boro away/reading away/semi

all home cup games plus Boro away/semi

all home cup games plus reading away/semi

and so on

Hey lads, just wondering if anyone knows of a way I can get a copy of yesterdays match?

Thing is I was only sat about 4 rows up and just to the right of the goal, after Richardson scored I saw he coming strutting over with his arrogant face and couldnt help but start making obscene gestures and calling him a ******, just wondering if I can see myself doing it icon_biggrin.gif.

Also apparently im shown on the TV at about the 94th minute mark \o/

I remember us selling out before the final group got a chance to buy tickets and they all moaned. John Gregory told the local paper the next day that they should have bothered to turn up for the games against smaller teams (the A, B, C and D categories had games against teams like United, Liverpool and Arsenal worth less points) and then they've had got tickets.

JGifb

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Hey lads, just wondering if anyone knows of a way I can get a copy of yesterdays match?

Thing is I was only sat about 4 rows up and just to the right of the goal, after Richardson scored I saw he coming strutting over with his arrogant face and couldnt help but start making obscene gestures and calling him a ******, just wondering if I can see myself doing it icon_biggrin.gif.

Also apparently im shown on the TV at about the 94th minute mark \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mika records pretty much all our games i think, ask him nicely and he might whack it on dvd for you for tuesday.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Also apparently im shown on the TV at about the 94th minute mark \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mika records pretty much all our games i think, ask him nicely and he might whack it on dvd for you for tuesday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers Nick icon14.gif

Pretty please Mika

(just for you Mika)P.S. RUUUUUUUUDDDDDD (icon_biggrin.gif sorry Mark)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

It's a bit strange that Kieran Lee hasn't been anywhere near our squad considering our defensive problems lately. Is he injured? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know, but why would he when we've been pretty much covered in terms of a first team back four even with the injury problems?

If Rio isn't fit for Sheffield United and assuming Gaz and O'Shea aren't back either, then who would play at right-back? Fletcher did alright on Saturday.

If not, who else? Would he throw Cathcart in or stick to a first-teamer? Given the importance of the remaining fixtures, I think Fergie would probably go for experience and pick Fletch.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Another possibility, sadly, could be Evra on the right again and Richardson on the left. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That thought crossed my mind but I refuse to countenance it. We should at least have one full-back who is comfortable rather than 2 makeshift ones, especially that Sheffield United will try to get lots of crosses in.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Another possibility, sadly, could be Evra on the right again and Richardson on the left. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That thought crossed my mind but I refuse to countenance it. We should at least have one full-back who is comfortable rather than 2 makeshift ones, especially that Sheffield United will try to get lots of crosses in.

Ideally i'd rather see cathcart in at centreback with heinze and evra on the wings.

If Cathcart does start to look dodgy after the first half, we can always bring on Fletcher as a replacement.

We should beat Sheffield United regardless. They don't offer all that much up fron really, so it's a good game for him to come in on in my opinion.

aye i have, but quite fancy doing it off my own back. tempted to get the train down and make a week or so of it rather than being restricted by mufc travel.

is it james? my brother went to milan last year on business and made a long weekend out of it and really enjoyed it as a city and recommends going.

lucky bastard. I can only do the daytrip as can't get time off work, I'll get back at like 3am, sleep for a few hours then go to work in Leeds.

James, the woman who I spoke to said there were 900 places with MU Travel (3 planes) but I think the allocation is split, so what we told is the allocation is after the MU Travel lot have had their share, reckon maybe 7,000?

oh and ronaldooooooo you can't have my ticket for the semi as we're going with mu travel and you can't apply in the ballot too, sorry dude </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol would of been a bit obvious that tbh, why else would they ask for the member number

a little surprised they dont stop non ST holders fromn applying through MU Travel but then as long as they get the money i doubt they care

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Cup final ticket prices

Cheapest are £35, best are £95 and the majority graduated in between.

Just been announced on SSN and Brian Blimp..... sorry Barwick commented how he thought they were "reasonable". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The FA can confirm that tickets for The FA Cup Final between Chelsea and Manchester United at the new Wembley Stadium will be priced at £35, £60, £80 and £95.

A limited number of tickets will also be made available to the clubs at £17.50 for under-16s.

FA Chief Executive Brian Barwick said: "It was important to set ticket prices at a sensible and affordable level for the first FA Cup Final at the new Wembley. We believe these are very competitive prices for what will be a historic match."

The FA Cup Final kicks off at 3pm on 19 May.

Tickets will be sold via the Chelsea and Manchester United ticket offices only - there will be no general sale. The allocations will be confirmed later this week following meetings with the two clubs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jesus christ, reasonable? Rich clubs don't mean rich fans you utter detestable arseholes

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The FA can confirm that tickets for The FA Cup Final between Chelsea and Manchester United at the new Wembley Stadium will be priced at £35, £60, £80 and £95.

A limited number of tickets will also be made available to the clubs at £17.50 for under-16s.

FA Chief Executive Brian Barwick said: "It was important to set ticket prices at a sensible and affordable level for the first FA Cup Final at the new Wembley. We believe these are very competitive prices for what will be a historic match."

The FA Cup Final kicks off at 3pm on 19 May.

Tickets will be sold via the Chelsea and Manchester United ticket offices only - there will be no general sale. The allocations will be confirmed later this week following meetings with the two clubs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jesus christ, reasonable? Rich clubs don't mean rich fans you utter detestable arseholes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you can bet that most of the tickets will be in the £60/80 price bands too ffs

Archived