The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Hey lads, just wondering if anyone knows of a way I can get a copy of yesterdays match?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mika records pretty much all our games i think, ask him nicely and he might whack it on dvd for you for tuesday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers Nick icon14.gif

Pretty please Mika

(just for you Mika)P.S. RUUUUUUUUDDDDDD (icon_biggrin.gif sorry Mark) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I shall get onto it when I get home, should be fine icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

what's our allocation for Milan? can't go unless i win the lottery but i'm thinking i should probably apply anyway to help my cause should we get to the final. just wondering what my chances are of actually ending up with a ticket that i can't use. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should apply anyway dude, would easily sell it on, 5000 at a guess, plus you applied for Lille/Roma

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

can we not just start with 10 men? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so with Richardson then?

though I suppose we want to keep the other side below 12 men so maybe not.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Hey lads, just wondering if anyone knows of a way I can get a copy of yesterdays match?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mika records pretty much all our games i think, ask him nicely and he might whack it on dvd for you for tuesday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers Nick icon14.gif

Pretty please Mika

(just for you Mika)P.S. RUUUUUUUUDDDDDD (icon_biggrin.gif sorry Mark) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I shall get onto it when I get home, should be fine icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers

Oh and lol @ u guys. I never blamed Wes for our shaky defence. I was merely laughing at our situation because you cannot put the blame on a guy who didn't play for 3/4 of the season and then to come in a side where NONE of the first team regulars are on the field (Rio, Neville, Vidic) or fit (Evra) or on form (Gabby and VDS).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> WAYNE ROONEY claims Manchester United’s R ’n R strike force is at its brilliant best.

And that means no rest or relaxation for United’s rivals in Europe, the Premiership or the FA Cup.

Two goals from Roo and one from Cristiano Ronaldo ensured United will feature in the first Cup final at the new Wembley on May 19.

Rooney, 21, who now has 19 goals this season, said: “I don’t think we have ever played as well as this.

“We are playing some brilliant attacking football and opening teams up.

“I am delighted to be part of that. The Cup final will be historic. It’s always nice to make history.

“It’s brilliant to be going to the new Wembley. It would be great to score the winner but, at the moment, I would take anybody scoring as long as he plays for United.

“I don’t want a rest. I am feeling fit and strong and just want to play.â€

Kieran Richardson added the fourth goal for United in an awesome exhibition of power, pace and precise passing.

Rooney says the win was inspired by memories of losing to Arsenal in a penalty shootout in the 2005 FA Cup final.

He said: “The defeat two years ago was disappointing and now we have the chance to make up for it.

“Growing up, you watch the FA Cup final on TV. I went there in 1995 to watch Everton play.

“They beat United that day so I hope it doesn’t turn out that way this time.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

link from teh sun

Just read the Alan Hansen on the BBC. He says its easier to win the treble if you have the league wrapped up early like we did in 99. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

I do not think either of them will win all three trophies they still fighting for. The treble has been done before and it will happen again, but it is possibly easier to achieve when the league is wrapped up early, like it was for Man Utd in 1999.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/6559389.stm

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> WAYNE ROONEY claims Manchester United’s R ’n R strike force is at its brilliant best.

And that means no rest or relaxation for United’s rivals in Europe, the Premiership or the FA Cup.

Two goals from Roo and one from Cristiano Ronaldo ensured United will feature in the first Cup final at the new Wembley on May 19.

Rooney, 21, who now has 19 goals this season, said: “I don’t think we have ever played as well as this.

“We are playing some brilliant attacking football and opening teams up.

“I am delighted to be part of that. The Cup final will be historic. It’s always nice to make history.

“It’s brilliant to be going to the new Wembley. It would be great to score the winner but, at the moment, I would take anybody scoring as long as he plays for United.

“I don’t want a rest. I am feeling fit and strong and just want to play.â€

Kieran Richardson added the fourth goal for United in an awesome exhibition of power, pace and precise passing.

Rooney says the win was inspired by memories of losing to Arsenal in a penalty shootout in the 2005 FA Cup final.

He said: “The defeat two years ago was disappointing and now we have the chance to make up for it.

“Growing up, you watch the FA Cup final on TV. I went there in 1995 to watch Everton play.

“They beat United that day so I hope it doesn’t turn out that way this time.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

link from teh sun </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

RoRo comes good \o/

Neville isn't in tomorrow. A possible for Saturday. A more likely for Milan next week.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Reds announce tour dates

United have announced the match dates for their Asia Tour 2007.

The Reds will travel to Tokyo to face Urawa Red Diamonds on 17 July at Saitama Stadium, before heading to Korea to take on FC Seoul three days later at the Seoul World Cup Stadium.

Next stop is Macau Stadium in China where Shenzhen FC will be the opposition on 23 July. The Reds final destination will be Kuala Lumpur on 27 July to take on a Malaysian XI at the Bukit Jalil Stadium.

Reds' Chief Executive David Gill says the Reds are relishing the upcoming pre-season trip to the Far East.

"The Club has a large and very loyal fanbase in the region and the players always enjoy their trips to see them and play in front of their passionate support. Everyone is looking forward to it."

Details of kick-off times and ticket sales will be announced in due course.

The Reds last tour of Asia was in 2005 during which they visited Hong Kong, Beijing and Tokyo. Travel details for fans who wish to follow the tour will follow in due course. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mon winning the lotto so i can go

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan Goodwin:

Ah i see you found the thread BBB kudos, icon14.gif

Is Neville likely to be back for Sheff Utd? Or is it for the weekend? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Milan next week seems to be the official line. Although it wouldn't be a major surprise if there was a sudden recovery earlier than that.

I couldn't get through on the TO phone line again earlier due to 'high call volumes'. SHOCKER

what really gets to me is that it's a f**king automated line, there's no issue with hiring enough people to man the phones, its simply a sh*t service.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I couldn't get through on the TO phone line again earlier due to 'high call volumes'. SHOCKER

what really gets to me is that it's a f**king automated line, there's no issue with hiring enough people to man the phones, its simply a sh*t service. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're all serving people, just queued for half an hour for tickets for tonight icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

'The Glazer family's takeover of Manchester United resulted in a pre-tax loss of £137.7m in the club's holding company, figures filed at Companies House reveal.

The accounts for Red Football, set up by Malcolm Glazer for the deal, also show for the first time that the actual amount paid by the Glazers was £809.1m.

According to the accounts, after a net asset valuation of £286.8m, the goodwill generated from the deal comes to £522.4m, depreciating by £39.2m a year over 15 years.

Interest payments on debt of £598m totalled about £85.2m in the 14 months between May 1 2005 and June 30 2006, divided between £27.2m from cash flow and £57.9m in high-yielding payment-in-kind notes.

The accounts are the first declaration by the Glazer family, owner of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers NFL team, of the scale of the club's indebtedness needed to secure the takeover.

The family waged a protracted battle with the board before securing the takeover. However, the club's success on the pitch - it leads the Premier League and is in the semi-finals of the Champions League and the FA Cup - has eased pressure.

Manchester United reported in January that the club had made a £31m profit in the 12 months to June 30, with earnings at £46.3m. Red Football's earnings were £10m lower, the result of costs borne in the last two months of the accounting period.

People connected to the Glazer family said the accounting losses were expected and reflected the cost of financing the old capital structure of the club, the depre- ciation of goodwill and exceptional one-off takeover costs.'

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

VILLA TORRES HARGREAVES AND NANI \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">VILLA TORRES HARGREAVES AND NANI \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DEFOE OWEN MIKE PHELAN AND RICHARDSON TO STAY \o/

For Carter

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">after a net asset valuation of £286.8m - value of the Stadium, Carrington, 'Players'

the goodwill generated from the deal comes to £522.4m - added benefit of the brand

depreciating by £39.2m a year over 15 years. - goodwill is sometimes written off over a period of years as it is not a clear definitive asset

Interest payments on debt of £598m totalled about £85.2m in the 14 months between May 1 2005 and June 30 2006 - self explanitory

divided between £27.2m from cash flow - that portion of the interest payment came from the cash generated by transfers from Manchester United to Red Football

and £57.9m in high-yielding payment-in-kind notes. - basically deferred payments, we'll pay this later at a higher rate

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looking at these figures - it seems the majority of the debt is still assigned to Red Football and not Manchester United Football Club, which means we're run like Arsenal at present, as all there debt is swallowed up by Arsenal Holdings plc instead of Arsenal FC. This means the club will still post profits each year, but the main focus should be on Red Football accounts. It will just be down to how much of the profits Red Football want to reinvest in the club, and how much they want to move over to Red Football to service the debt.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

any news when west ham ballot is? gonna make a night out in manc afterwards etc hopefully to celebrate/drown my sorrows. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Death Pact at Martin's iirc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

PJ - Offical United Thread Financial Analyst icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've missed some of his previous attempts then?

Link

Look what Hansen said in his column

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I do not think either of them will win all three trophies they still fighting for. The treble has been done before and it will happen again, but it is possibly easier to achieve when the league is wrapped up early, like it was for Man Utd in 1999. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So according to the best pundit ever in the world we had it wrapped up early in 99

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

any news when west ham ballot is? gonna make a night out in manc afterwards etc hopefully to celebrate/drown my sorrows. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never gonna get a tick, but might head up to Manc to watch the game from a pub.

any of you guys without tickets should come up to the wall anyway. assuming we'll still have a chance of winning it then of course. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well up for that.

any of you guys without tickets should come up to the wall anyway. assuming we'll still have a chance of winning it then of course. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that was my plan aswell.

Evra having a scan tomorrow and Fergie hasnt said how bad he thinks it is or what injury it is.

Did say Rio and Sheasy are back for Saturday so thats good. Wesley had a torrid time tonight, Shelton seemed to beat him everytime.

So Sheasy - Ferdinand - Brown - Heinze looks a lot better for us. Still be minus 3 of our first choice back 4 though. icon_frown.gif

Tonight was good. Got the three points, kept a clean sheet and didnt have to get out of first gear. Also did it all without the back 5. Although that would have been better if they werent all injured.

4 more wins to take the title, a lot easier said than done.

Thought Giggs was very good tonight and Rooney seems to be finding some good form and goals starting from the left.

Please god someone do something to end Richardsons Man Utd career.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Link

Look what Hansen said in his column

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I do not think either of them will win all three trophies they still fighting for. The treble has been done before and it will happen again, but it is possibly easier to achieve when the league is wrapped up early, like it was for Man Utd in 1999. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So according to the best pundit ever in the world we had it wrapped up early in 99 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't see any quote in there saying we wrapped it up early in 99..

Archived