The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matt_e:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Link

Look what Hansen said in his column

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I do not think either of them will win all three trophies they still fighting for. The treble has been done before and it will happen again, but it is possibly easier to achieve when the league is wrapped up early, like it was for Man Utd in 1999. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So according to the best pundit ever in the world we had it wrapped up early in 99 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't see any quote in there saying we wrapped it up early in 99.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>i copyed that direct quote from article he must have removed it.

People complained i guessed icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Need Arsenal or West Ham to take points off Chelsea really :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah that'll happen

What a coincidence that Brown had a terrible game after people jumped on my back when i allegedly said he sucks icon_biggrin.gif (which i didn't).

Hope Evra was taken off as a precaution not to aggravate any possible injury.

MoM: Carrick

Runner-up: Giggs

And thank god that Sheffield Utd didn't have any crosses in our box or else our box would have been comedy central with the pole missing out on them as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

And thank god that Sheffield Utd didn't have any crosses in our box or else our box would have been comedy central with the pole missing out on them as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was suprised at that as well. Obviously they (Sheff Utd) wouldn't have been expecting Tommy K to play, but once he did, surely something of an alteration to test him on the high ball may have resulted in them getting something.

'Twas the reverse of Saturday with the defenders, Gaby was better than Wes today

MoM: Giggs

Runner-up: Carrick

no-one else did anything much really, Scholes in particular was very quiet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I thought Brown did well considering he had Larry, Curley and Moe playing alongside him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Better not mean Fletch - he's the new O'Shea - only good.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Brown had a terrible game? :/// </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was passed 2 or 3 times and in each of those ocasions a striker with proper finishing would have scored.

I mean that Luton guy at one point had half the net to simply place to shot in and placed it over the bar when nobody was challenging him (Brown had other ideas and he went for a pack of smokes) and the pole was taken by surprise because of it and didn't had the time to react.

The booing of KR is getting louder and louder every game, personally I think it's wrong. I don't rate him, he isn't good enough for United but booing him is unfair. He isn't going to improve at all if people are going to boo him is he?

The atmosphere seems to be getting better too, has it got to do with all the new season ticket holders learning the words to the songs? Or is it just because the title race is so close? The new quadrants? I have had a ST since 01 and this season has easily been the best atmosphere-wise.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LibLibertine:

Can't see how Giggs has been named on here as some people's MoM.

He was non-existent for much of the game. Or I must of missed something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uhm... actually i think he did very well this game. Much better than his previous performances and was a moderately threat throughout the game.

And since everyone else was doing nothing (Rooney tried to get himself sent off so he ain't in the MoM, Scholes was quiet, Ronaldo... well this season standards he was quiet as well)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

I thought Brown did well considering he had Larry, Curley and Moe playing alongside him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Better not mean Fletch - he's the new O'Shea - only good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, it's harsh on Fletch I'll admit. DFiffffffffffffffffffffb even at right back.

But the analogy falls down if we bring it down to Richardson and Heinze.

I was gritting my teeth early on though, felt sure Scholes was going to absolutely gift them a goal :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

The booing of KR is getting louder and louder every game, personally I think it's wrong. I don't rate him, he isn't good enough for United but booing him is unfair. He isn't going to improve at all if people are going to boo him is he?

The atmosphere seems to be getting better too, has it got to do with all the new season ticket holders learning the words to the songs? Or is it just because the title race is so close? The new quadrants? I have had a ST since 01 and this season has easily been the best atmosphere-wise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because of the title race.

I better hope this season the crowd will ****ing stay at the last game for the round of applause and not like last season when 60% of the stadium was empty.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

I thought Brown did well considering he had Larry, Curley and Moe playing alongside him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Better not mean Fletch - he's the new O'Shea - only good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, it's harsh on Fletch I'll admit. DFiffffffffffffffffffffb even at right back.

But the analogy falls down if we bring it down to Richardson and Heinze.

/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>could have referred to Kuszczak, in fact I thought you may well ahve.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

he doesn't get booed because he's a bad player, he gets booed because he's got a bad attitude, it probably won't make his attitude any better, but it is possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well there were people around me shouting "your not good enough!" and one which was used a fair bit was "your not fit to wear the shirt!" :/

I don't know what you mean about his attitude?

Oh and one other thing - how many people left before the end ffs? It seemed a lot more tonight than usual (even for a night match). I bet absolutely loads of people missed Sheff United hitting the bar.

eurgh, people saying the booing is wrong. I'll post what I posted on RN about it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I booed him when he was read out before the game, I also booed him when he came on, I refused to cheer when he scored, I don't do two faced.

I can accept he's crap, see DJX2, Bellion etc at least they gave there all, this arse doesn't give a flying fig about us, a friend of mine was seeing one of the reserve players, I got her to ask him about Richardson and he thinks he's a arsehole, I've spent an utter fortune folllowing United this season, that arsehole earns more than I make in a year in a week, by all accounts he's an arrogant little arse around town either.

Oh and don't get me started on that sodding myspace </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with all that, but despite it I wont do the booing.. mainly cos I'm not the most vocal sort of person in the crowd anyway.. but also because I dont think it helps anything.

He's a tw*t, I refuse to applaud him, and he needs to f off asap, but I wont boo.

I thought Giggs was as good as anyone tonight. It was really a low key conserve your energy and play within yourself performance thanks to the early goal.

Ryan had a great assist for Rooney and i thought he was good in getting the ball and laying it off just in front of their back 5. He also made a few good runs. He was my MoM. Its wierd that most of the time now its a good performance by Giggs if you watched the game on TV and a bad one if you were in the stadium.

Also on the Giggs falling away badly, he was great against Roma as well with his 4 assists.

Lastly on Brown, i dont know if Nick thinks "Terrible?" was him thinking that was overdoing it or he actually thinks Brown was good but he wasnt. Shelton went past him time and time again for fun.

Fair enough it was pretty much a back 2 tonight and they were not used to each other and up against great pace but i just dont think Wes was good tonight. Like Slo said, a better striker would have done better with a couple of those chances tonight. By the same token though i wouldnt say it was terrible, just a poor game from Wes.

Bit harsh on Cathcart really, gets taken out of the FA Youth Cup Final because of the injury crisis and has a chance to come on at home against Sheffield United - which, really, should be one of the 'easier' games to make your debut in - and gets shunted for Kieran Richardson.

Bit harsh on Cathcart really, gets taken out of the FA Youth Cup Final because of the injury crisis and has a chance to come on at home against Sheffield United - which, really, should be one of the 'easier' games to make your debut in - and gets shunted for Kieran Richardson. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>summer move to Madrid for the shattered young man

best bit of the game tonight was undoubtedly one Ronaldo run in the second half where he changed direction about ten times and the poor defender eventually got so confused he just fell over icon_biggrin.gif

pretty dull game lit up by two quality goals, otherwise only notable for a spectacularly inept refereeing display by Rob c**ting Styles. quite how a tackle from behind that put Evra out of the game didn't warrant a booking and yet seemingly any offence our lot committed did is beyond me. utter joke of a ref.

end of the game was weird, Sheffield United just showed no ambition whatsoever from about 70 minutes onwards and played for a 0-2, bizarre. they were perfectly content to let our back four pass it amongst themselves and tbf it's almost understandable that people left early - watching Gaby and Wes boost their pass completion percentages for quarter of an hour was hardly thrilling stuff.

Gaby motm for anyway, thought he had a really good game all things considered. Fletch did well (not well enough to satisfy numerous morons inside OT ofc) out of position, Carrick had another very good game, Rooney now looks to be relishing his role cutting in from the left and Ronaldo was his usual effervescent self. thought Smudge looked a bit tired (understandably) and as i've already said i thought Giggs was poor up until the pass for Rooney's goal. not saying anything about Richardson apart from the fact that the homohair song got an airing for the first time i've ever heard inside OT icon_biggrin.gif

job done anyway, six point gap again, few days to rest and regroup ahead of another big one on saturday.

I think people are being harsh on our backline.

It consisted of LM-LB-CB-RM for 70 minutes with a reserve goalie behind them (had his best game for us I felt) who hasn't had much chance to play with them so obviously we weren't going to be rock solid.

Bit harsh on Cathcart really, gets taken out of the FA Youth Cup Final because of the injury crisis and has a chance to come on at home against Sheffield United - which, really, should be one of the 'easier' games to make your debut in - and gets shunted for Kieran Richardson. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>summer move to Madrid for the shattered young man </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For Richardson? I agree!

I do believe that people are picking too much on Richardson this time around. Yes his performance was bad but apart from 2 or 3 situations where he almost double crossed Gabby (and could have resulted in a goal) he wasn't as bad as usual.

For his level of performance i consider todays game as being "weak" only icon_biggrin.gif

Come to think of it right now, Gabby sure had alot to do tonight. Not only had he to adapt quickly to the CB (and stop with the diving son, that don't work in the centre sadly) and with Brown as his partner but tonight he basically had to do both CB and left back because he had to cover for Richardson time and time again.

Our players change positions so much during a match it's actually pretty funny. icon_biggrin.gif

Ronaldo broke from the back a few times and wandered about in the middle, left and right. Giggs picked the ball up from our back four a few times ffs. Rooney moved into the centre too when he wanted. And Smith was pulling out to the wings, dropping deep and linking play. Totally random.

Pretty exciting watching it because you never know what's going to happen next. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

clean sheet. doesnt matter how.

Heinze so lucky, not best pleased with him pretty much asking for a red card when we're already so many defenders down </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually looked like he gotthe ball from where I was but from what people are saying it seems he didn't. It was at the other end of the ground though.

I came up with a great idea today for who should replace Carlos this summer. As he's getting on a bit and we just have to keep him at the club, and he seems to be quite aware with what's going on on the pitch when he's on the bench, could be the perfect role for Ole. (That's only if Jose turns the job down ofc.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

a reserve goalie behind them (had his best game for us I felt) who hasn't had much chance to play with them so obviously we weren't going to be rock solid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you only think that because he had literally nothing to do. there wasn't one cross he had to catch/punch, dodgy backpass to clear or real save to make

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

Our players change positions so much during a match it's actually pretty funny. icon_biggrin.gif

Ronaldo broke from the back a few times and wandered about in the middle, left and right. Giggs picked the ball up from our back four a few times ffs. Rooney moved into the centre too when he wanted. And Smith was pulling out to the wings, dropping deep and linking play. Totally random.

Pretty exciting watching it because you never know what's going to happen next. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

also now Fletcher at right back. Richardson at left back. Heinze and Brown both shifting in recent weeks.

TOTAL FOOTBALL icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

clean sheet. doesnt matter how.

Heinze so lucky, not best pleased with him pretty much asking for a red card when we're already so many defenders down </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually looked like he gotthe ball from where I was but from what people are saying it seems he didn't. It was at the other end of the ground though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Plowed straight through his ankle. Didn't touch the ball at all.

Archived