The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

eurgh, people saying the booing is wrong. I'll post what I posted on RN about it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I booed him when he was read out before the game, I also booed him when he came on, I refused to cheer when he scored, I don't do two faced.

I can accept he's crap, see DJX2, Bellion etc at least they gave there all, this arse doesn't give a flying fig about us, a friend of mine was seeing one of the reserve players, I got her to ask him about Richardson and he thinks he's a arsehole, I've spent an utter fortune folllowing United this season, that arsehole earns more than I make in a year in a week, by all accounts he's an arrogant little arse around town either.

Oh and don't get me started on that sodding myspace </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your reasons for booing KR:

1) He doesn't care about us? How do you know this? He's no Gary Neville but he acts the same as most players do towards the fans.

2) A reserve players dislikes him... (OK?)

3) He earns more money than you. You boo him because he earns more money than you? WTF?

4) He is arrogant off the field. Loads the highly paid footballers will have fast cars and drive around in them like gangsters. Why does it bother you that KR does it?

5) His myspace. He has photos of himself looking like an utter c0ck so lets boo him?

I don't think any of the things above really bother you, it's more to do with you hating his skin colour. icon_wink.gif

He iffffs btw.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

eurgh, people saying the booing is wrong. I'll post what I posted on RN about it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I booed him when he was read out before the game, I also booed him when he came on, I refused to cheer when he scored, I don't do two faced.

I can accept he's crap, see DJX2, Bellion etc at least they gave there all, this arse doesn't give a flying fig about us, a friend of mine was seeing one of the reserve players, I got her to ask him about Richardson and he thinks he's a arsehole, I've spent an utter fortune folllowing United this season, that arsehole earns more than I make in a year in a week, by all accounts he's an arrogant little arse around town either.

Oh and don't get me started on that sodding myspace </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your reasons for booing KR:

1) He doesn't care about us? How do you know this? He's no Gary Neville but he acts the same as most players do towards the fans.

2) A reserve players dislikes him... (OK?)

3) He earns more money than you. You boo him because he earns more money than you? WTF?

4) He is arrogant off the field. Loads the highly paid footballers will have fast cars and drive around in them like gangsters. Why does it bother you that KR does it?

5) His myspace. He has photos of himself looking like an utter c0ck so lets boo him?

I don't think any of the things above really bother you, it's more to do with you hating his skin colour. icon_wink.gif

He iffffs btw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The guy is an utter bellend. It's not just the odd person saying it. Loads of people say he is a total arse. The guys attitude is all wrong.

all the off-field stuff doesn't particularly bother me. he seems like a bit of a c**k but if he was a half-decent footballer and, more importantly, worked his arse off for the team i'd have no problem with him at all, much like i couldn't really gaf about some of the off-field stuff Rio gets stick for when he's performing as he has been.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

best bit of the game tonight was undoubtedly one Ronaldo run in the second half where he changed direction about ten times and the poor defender eventually got so confused he just fell over icon_biggrin.gif

pretty dull game lit up by two quality goals, otherwise only notable for a spectacularly inept refereeing display by Rob c**ting Styles. quite how a tackle from behind that put Evra out of the game didn't warrant a booking and yet seemingly any offence our lot committed did is beyond me. utter joke of a ref.

end of the game was weird, Sheffield United just showed no ambition whatsoever from about 70 minutes onwards and played for a 0-2, bizarre. they were perfectly content to let our back four pass it amongst themselves and tbf it's almost understandable that people left early - watching Gaby and Wes boost their pass completion percentages for quarter of an hour was hardly thrilling stuff.

Gaby motm for anyway, thought he had a really good game all things considered. Fletch did well (not well enough to satisfy numerous morons inside OT ofc) out of position, Carrick had another very good game, Rooney now looks to be relishing his role cutting in from the left and Ronaldo was his usual effervescent self. thought Smudge looked a bit tired (understandably) and as i've already said i thought Giggs was poor up until the pass for Rooney's goal. not saying anything about Richardson apart from the fact that the homohair song got an airing for the first time i've ever heard inside OT icon_biggrin.gif

job done anyway, six point gap again, few days to rest and regroup ahead of another big one on saturday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't be bothered to write my own report so whs.

Sorry for not coming to the wall tonight guys, traffic was horrendous and I only just got in for the kick off. Will be there on Saturday though icon_wink.gif.

WSR, my reason for booing Richardson is because he is an utter, utter twat. He strolls around as if he has made it to the 'big time' because he plays for United and played for England (once) , when in actuallity he has done nothing to suggest he has or will ever 'make it' and there are loads of kids who would do anything for the club and they should be given a chance before this idiot.

from another forum, bitter doesn't begin to descibe it icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> sh*t fans, sh*t ground

I see the theatre of sh*te was half empty with about ten minutes to go. f**king plastic scum farmers - all leaving early to get down the M6. Get some proper fans and stop singing anti-Liverpool songs, you're playing Sheffield Utd ffs. c**ts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

though it was one of richardsons better games for us, he was suited up against kazim richards in an odd pace vs pace, no skill vs no talent sort of match up.

also he wasnt at all tested meant he didnt get fk all of the ball and when he received those 5 yards under no pressure passes he managed to knock them back rather than do...attempt something clever.

Thank christ we got the early goal, I credit mark g for texting me saying "I don't want to be all mika but I can see another Sunderland scenario" so wp sire. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know i told you i was happier at 1-0, but with how our defence played i didn't settle at all until 2-0. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

from another forum, bitter doesn't begin to descibe it icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> sh*t fans, sh*t ground

I see the theatre of sh*te was half empty with about ten minutes to go. f**king plastic scum farmers - all leaving early to get down the M6. Get some proper fans and stop singing anti-Liverpool songs, you're playing Sheffield Utd ffs. c**ts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they have a point bar the ***** ground bit really.

Shelton last night reminded me of that performance by Wanchope against us for Derby, minus the finishing of course.

Not particularly in terms of style, just in the way it was an unknown (in premiership terms) striker being brought in for a club we should have beaten comfortably for one of his first starts, and absolutely terrorising our defence.

rading a piece on Soccernet, the bloke at the game last night was labelling the 4-2-3-1 as our 'most potent formation' on recent showings

Are we to hail its return in the hope of 2002-2003 run in style football with Smith-Ronaldo, Giggs & Rooney in place of a striker-Ole, Scholes& Giggs from 4 years ago as a Carlos Q tactical masterstroke?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

rading a piece on Soccernet, the bloke at the game last night was labelling the 4-2-3-1 as our 'most potent formation' on recent showings

Are we to hail its return in the hope of 2002-2003 run in style football with Smith-Ronaldo, Giggs & Rooney in place of a striker-Ole, Scholes& Giggs from 4 years ago as a Carlos Q tactical masterstroke? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's form and confidence more than tactics that is the key at the minute. We've railed against that same formation on many occasions this season when being stuck on the left has neutralised Rooney, and Giggs in the middle has played deeper and deeper to make it a 4-3-3.

richardson wasnt at all bad last night tbh, thought heinze was an accident waiting to happen at centre back and were it not for rob 'look at me' styles he would have been sent off and they would have been back in it.

how old is richardson btw? really dont get the excessive hate, i wonder if bardsley will get booed as well when he returns?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Whens the Youth Cup final? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

second leg a week tomorrow iirc

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

richardson wasnt at all bad last night tbh, thought heinze was an accident waiting to happen at centre back and were it not for rob 'look at me' styles he would have been sent off and they would have been back in it.

how old is richardson btw? really dont get the excessive hate, i wonder if bardsley will get booed as well when he returns? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Richardson is 22 isn't he?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

how old is richardson btw? really dont get the excessive hate, i wonder if bardsley will get booed as well when he returns? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Richardson was 'megged for the forward to get into that position in the first place. If he'd even held him up slightly that almost certainly wouldn't have been a problem.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Richardson is 22 isn't he? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

really? so hes not even old ffs. ive got no ptoblems with the guy except from the fact he's pretty crap, so what if he puts pictures of himself on myspace, doesnt everyone?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Richardson was 'megged for the forward to get into that position in the first place. If he'd even held him up slightly that almost certainly wouldn't have been a problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

blaming richardson for heinze's awful, irresponsible and mistimed challenge, ive heard it all now. icon_biggrin.gif

just grateful that disgrace of a ref didnt see it, and that it wasnt done in a game where we werent in such a comfortable position. he could quite easily have got himself banned for 3 games there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Richardson was 'megged for the forward to get into that position in the first place. If he'd even held him up slightly that almost certainly wouldn't have been a problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

blaming richardson for heinze's awful, irresponsible and mistimed challenge, ive heard it all now. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't, i blamed him for an awful display of defending where he got megged and let a forward clean through. icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">just grateful that disgrace of a ref didnt see it, and that it wasnt done in a game where we werent in such a comfortable position. he could quite easily have got himself banned for 3 games there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No he couldn't. One game ban for a red in that situation.

You cant be both crap and a big **** and expect people not to hate you.

If Richardson had ronaldos talent do you think anyone of us would care that he sees himself as billy big ********?

People go on about Rios off field persona but i couldnt care less what he does off the pitch because hes great on it.

Bardsley might be a dick and he'll never make it at Old Trafford but yet again he doesnt keep getting chance after chance and hasnt put in 70+ abysmal performances for the club.

How the hell didnt he stop Shelton and clear the ball before the lad got into the box and Heinze fouled him?

Richardson offered nothing last night but because he was stuck at left wing back and Sheff United were delighted with only losing 2-0 he had next to nothing to do.

Hes 22 years old and can anyone see him magically gaining some footballing talent in the near future?

Fletch is 23 but god bless him hes worked hard and actually improved. And every now and again will put in a Roma performance. Wheres Kierans Roma performance?

Rooney is 21, Ronaldo is 22. I fail to see what Richardson offers us that anyone else at the club couldnt at least match.

my basic gripe is that i remember a post in here a few years back in which james07 had a go at our dear neighbours down the road at eastlands. in it he openly mocked

-their obsession with us, singing about how much they hate our players etc during games not involving us

-their not filling the stadium and fans leaving early

-their booing of their own players.

i remember reading it and being proud to support a club where none of that sort of **** went on. im afraid to say today all i see is parallels.

why would he? whenever he's played for us he's actually tried? and done quite well?

On the tram home last night there was a group of 4 Sheff Utd fans sat down. One of them was on the phone to his mate for ages going on about how crap our ground/fans/atmosphere was for pretty much the whole journey.

Going on & on about how there was no noise at all & that he could never support a team who had fans like ours. Now I wouldn't mind but In the stretty I didn't hear a peep out of their fans all night. He then went on about how everyone leaves early because we are winning because they need to catch their planes home to Asia icon_biggrin.gif

I swear that it's the acoustics in OT that mean we don't hear the away fans & they don't hear us. On tv OT always sounds dead & I think the atmosphere this season has been better than it has in the previous two seasons easily.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Italy’s Interior Minister, Giuliano Amato, has admitted that Rome police were excessive in their treatment of United fans, but appealed to people not to judge them on their over-reaction, according to reports.

Speaking as he called for better understanding of the problems in Italian football crowds, Sig. Amato said, “Without doubt some policemen went too hard on the English fans and used their batons too easily on fans who were on the floor. But to judge Italian police only from that image is not fair."

Sig. Amato says that Italian football will adopt the English approach of using stewards inside stadiums rather than police in full riot gear, but highlighted the problem among some 'Ultra' supporters carrying knives to games.

"The main incidents actually occurred outside the Olympic Stadium, where some fans were knifed. Why are so many young fans going to the stadium with a knife in their pocket? We need to understand how to face this problem." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least there is somebody in that rat infested place that saw what we saw.

Although i can't help but feel that he came out with it only because Italy lost their Euro bid.

Thinking right now, i wonder what would happen if italy would host a euro/world cup. At this moment they aren't ready for it and it would probably lead to France '98 violence if not worse.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

On the tram home last night there was a group of 4 Sheff Utd fans sat down. One of them was on the phone to his mate for ages going on about how crap our ground/fans/atmosphere was for pretty much the whole journey.

Going on & on about how there was no noise at all & that he could never support a team who had fans like ours. Now I wouldn't mind but In the stretty I didn't hear a peep out of their fans all night. He then went on about how everyone leaves early because we are winning because they need to catch their planes home to Asia icon_biggrin.gif

I swear that it's the acoustics in OT that mean we don't hear the away fans & they don't hear us. On tv OT always sounds dead & I think the atmosphere this season has been better than it has in the previous two seasons easily. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

their fans were pretty loud last night. loud in a small-time championship way, but about as loud as we've had all season. our fans were about as quiet as they have been in a couple of months as well, but it was bound to be the case given how dull a match it was and how any tension was largely dissipated by the early goal.

my basic gripe is that i remember a post in here a few years back in which james07 had a go at our dear neighbours down the road at eastlands. in it he openly mocked

-their obsession with us, singing about how much they hate our players etc during games not involving us

-their not filling the stadium and fans leaving early

-their booing of their own players.

i remember reading it and being proud to support a club where none of that sort of **** went on. im afraid to say today all i see is parallels. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oops icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

and yeah, Gaby had no real choice but to try and make that tackle because first Wes and then Richardson were completely clownshoes. otherwise GBH had a very good game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I felt he was very hit and miss. There was more than one instance of diving in and getting skinned, and his positioning and decision making were quite poor on a number of occasions. Also, as a partnership he and Wes didn't seem to gel at all. They were often pulling each other out of position by the decisions they were making.

MOM: Gabby Heinze - Crucial a number of times last night.

2ND: Paul Scholes - kept everything ticking over well.

I was about 3 rows from the back of the NEQ last night and the penalty decision looked like an amazing recovery tackle from where I was. Obviously it was a pen on the TV but it looked marvellous at the time icon_biggrin.gif

Overall solid & unspectacular. Result more important than the performance so from a spectators standpoint it wasn't the best but it was to be expected in a lot of ways.

Saving our legs = good. Making sure of the victory with a second goal; important since we looked nervy.

Paddy getting injured and people moaning about a subdued atmosphere on the radio on the way home, bad and misguided in a lot of ways respectively.

Hopefully the former isn't serious and taking him off was precautionary. As for the latter sometimes I don't know what people expect. One guy behind me was moaning about "what a difference a week makes" in reference to the performance and the atmosphere. Umm, are you for real? The team has put a lot of effort into tanning Roma and beating Watford to make sure we make the cup final in the last 7 days & we're winning against a team who have just come to sit back and mark the hell out of us on the off-chance they'll get something & we're looking disjointed because there are only two senior team defenders on the pitch. Get over it.

As for the atmosphere, it’s hard to produce a collective Roma-esq atmosphere at the best of times, especially when we're relatively comfortable. I think that if the team had needed some vitriolic support from the stands they'd have got it but as it was the symbiotic relationship between performance and atmosphere presented itself in the sort of game that if it wasn't for being moved because of other fixtures into a place where its important to the run-in it wouldn't be anywhere near the TV schedule.

As for the mass exodus of fans prior to the end last night, while I don’t agree with it and personally wouldn’t leave a game early for anything other than an emergency, given the context I can sort of understand it. I don’t like it because for the fact that it makes us look bad collectively since the game was on TV and also because its disrespectful to the team, but on the other side of it I imagine that the players probably wished they’d been able to say to Warnock and co. “C’mon lads, its over, lets just go home. You’re not getting anything out of this†after the second goal went in. The atrocious traffic getting to and from OT last night made it worse and probably influenced a fair few of the non-Manc based fans to head off prior to the final whistle.

Btw, was last night another instance of Giggs looking good on TV and not live? Before he was subbed he was anonymous for the most part and his only significant contribution really was setting Rooney up for his goal. Both goals were nice takes as well. Kudos to Wayne and Carrick for their composure. Now lets beat Boro…

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Need Arsenal or West Ham to take points off Chelsea really :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good luck with this btw.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Need Arsenal or West Ham to take points off Chelsea really :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good luck with this btw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could at least put some effort in you bastards, the season's not over for some of us yet you know icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Statement's like that after we just magnificently demolished your city rivals? For shame. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You think we actually care whether they win or lose?

And i'm not overly serious this morning Gregory. :herman:

Christ, it's 3pm and i'm sat around in my pants nursing my balls. Where did it all go wrong? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like me on my day's off.

Well, tghe journey home last night was amazy.

Two mega holdups before even getting to Brum, (was gone 12 by the time I got to Sandbach, ffs) to and then another major holdup at 4.15 when I got back to MK. Fupping M1 closed at J14.

So, yeah, 0430Hrs when I got in this morning. \o/

I'm shagged, tbh.

See ya'll Sat'day

Archived