The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BoroPhil:

the impact downing made against fletcher as a rb was a bit laughable tbh.

you'll still win all 3 trophies lads, never fear. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thought Fletch did bloody well all things considered tbh. A few hacked clearences going the wrong way aside, thought he performed admirably out of position again, particularly his mecha run around the hour mark.

Sorry fellers, but KR23 had his best 45 minutes since he was capped today. Can only recall one real misplaced pass, and even then he was actually :trying: for a change.

AFFG: Sheasy. Sorry, I'm not a hater like many, but all that 'Rio was knackered' stuff was a bit soft for me. There's four of our lads in the centre before the ball gets spread to Downing, who's all alone. Johnny got sucked in, simple as, and should've been on his man.

Incidentally, thought that it might have been wiser to shift Sheasy out to the left second half and move Gaby inside. Wesley was getting raped by Viduka, and for all his dodgyness at centre-half, Gaby would have had a better chance physically I reckon, while Wes would've been able to handle Yakubu for pace.

Oh, and what the **** with Ole? There is nothing about this crap about 'letting the keeper strike the ball' in the Laws of the Game. Smacks of the fourth official trying to cover up a massive blunder. From what I gather, this definition means that there's nothing stopping the keeper lunging the ball 30 yards up field, with no-one else allowed to kick the ball til the keeps catches up to it. Looking at the incident here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANH50iRagXY , I'm not even convinced that the ball is even still in the bloody area! Absolute joke. How many times now has our designated referee been changed prior to kickoff and some ludicrous decision has been taken against us?

MOTM: Scholes - kept probing and looking for openings throughout.

Runner-up: Our Wesley - suffered up against Viduka in the second half but was simply immense in the first.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just as the commentators said with the Ole decision, a rule change was made at the start of the season which deemed what he did a foul. Ref made the right decision and has to be congratulated for it.

We were just absolutely shocking and that is all we can say.

This is like a combination of the end of the '95 and '98 seasons. icon_frown.gif

'95 for the chance of a double, end up with nothing scenario, and the thrashing that got everyone excited for bit (the 9-0 against Ipswich). '98 for the storming first half to the season, and the absolutely crippling injury list that cost us at the end.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

This is like a combination of the end of the '95 and '98 seasons. icon_frown.gif

'95 for the chance of a double, end up with nothing scenario, and the thrashing that got everyone excited for bit (the 9-0 against Ipswich). '98 for the storming first half to the season, and the absolutely crippling injury list that cost us at the end. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah but OMG look what happened the following seasons!! [/Carter, BBB, Scatter etc]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

omg it's like a total reversal!

that's it, i'm calling the national enquirer.

do they do pampers in the xxxl size? actually tescos own > pampers, but same question. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought you were using them well before the baby arrived?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RSB:

From what I gather, this definition means that there's nothing stopping the keeper lunging the ball 30 yards up field, with no-one else allowed to kick the ball til the keeps catches up to it. Looking at the incident here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANH50iRagXY , I'm not even convinced that the ball is even still in the bloody area! Absolute joke. How many times now has our designated referee been changed prior to kickoff and some ludicrous decision has been taken against us?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Allow that, and have every keeper being hounded by 3 strikers every time they grab the ball, because they can't kick it out, can't put it on the ground (if he put it on the ground it would have been fairplay imo), and have to quickly throw it before the other teams players can surround him. Also he has 6 seconds to get rid of it or it's an indirect free kick.

Considering the injuries we have right now and as shaky as our defence has been, should a 5-3-2 formation with wingbacks be something to consider for Milan?

Evra & Fletch as wingbacks

Gabby, Sheasy & Wes as centre backs.

Carrick sitting just behind Ronaldo and Scholes

Rooney and Smudger up front

Possibly then allow Ronaldo and Rooney to drift wide or come inside and given a bit of a free role?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

tbf we deserved that for kicking back and having a cold one at 1-0 instead of actually putting it away beforehand. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yup. can't really complain.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davidbowie:

Also he has 6 seconds to get rid of it or it's an indirect free kick. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf that's NEVER enforced these days. i make a point of counting (geeeeeeeeeek) and refs just ignore keepers holding on to it for 10-15 seconds all the time

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Considering the injuries we have right now and as shaky as our defence has been, should a 5-3-2 formation with wingbacks be something to consider for Milan? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahaha

hahahahaha

no

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

3 of the last five?

Roma away

Pompey away

what's the other one? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

errrrrr, yesterday?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

when we lose I'll cave your head in then </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we'll cave yours in now thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

which was as good as a defeat before you start

i'm starting the everton one, just try and stop me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, shows how everyone views it as a defeat icon_biggrin.gif

not really no.

wsr, I might have a ticket also, hurrah \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well we've lost several times on your supposedly unbeaten run :/

southend, celtic, copenhagen, west ham, arsenal, roma, pompey and we'll count Boro as well. i make that 8 batterings you're due by that logic.

I'm so glad I ended up getting drunk, might have ended it all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Drunk on what exactly?

Had several cans here from the last game, plus a few at my mates \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Translation: I had two cans in my room on my own & then passed out in my own juices.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Had several cans here from the last game, plus a few at my mates \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Translation: I had two cans in my room on my own & then passed out in my own juices. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

ummm not really </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have never had 'several' cans in one sitting. Never mind having those & then having more at a mates. You were complaining about being lightheaded during the first half ffs icon_biggrin.gif

Archived