The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Incidentally I was wearing my stretford end t-shirt which we have never won a game in whilst I have worn it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Martin should make you burn it then.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we get to see bye bye from Saha. Can't blame anyone though for it, not even Saha cuz it's not like he wants them injuries.

Also i get the feeling Heinze might not be sold anymore this summer. Until 3 weeks ago i was sure about it but now i get the feeling he might keep his place in the squad.

I'd like to see this squad going into next season:

Keepers: van der Sar, Tommy K, Foster

Defenders: Neville, O'Shea, Evra, Heinze, Rio, Vidic, Brown, Pique

Midfielders: Giggs, Ronaldo, Scholes, Carrick, Flethcer, Park icon_frown.gif, MGP, Hargreaves

Forwards: Rooney, Rossi, Saha, Smith, Huntelaar

PLAYERS OUT

Ole Gunnar - Sunderland

Richardson - death

Bardsley - Villa/Boro/Everton/other boring mid-table side

Silvestre - Newcastle

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Hargreaves and Huntelaar both coming? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You heard it hear first icon_wink.gif

Thats the squad I'd like, it'll never happen, but a boy can have dreams!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

cheah right, they couldn't gaf.

it's an utter utter disgrace, dreading the atmosphere </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is it true that the 'Wembley Club', or whatever it's called, has the tickets in the whole middle tier? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah. icon13.gif

It's pretty strange that the £35 tickets are the top tier, I thought they would have been really low down behind the net.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

Midfielders: Giggs, Ronaldo, Scholes, Carrick, Flethcer, Park icon_frown.gif, MGP, Hargreaves

PLAYERS OUT

Ole Gunnar - Sunderland

Richardson - death

Silvestre - Newcastle </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

die icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

PLAYERS OUT

Ole Gunnar - Sunderland

Richardson - death

Silvestre - Newcastle </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

die icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Are a lot of people doing their post-match MOMs in the match threads?

I only ask because I don't generally venture into them & I'm up to the start of December's fixtures as far as vote collection goes & there's only 5-7 users who regularly enter their votes in here with another 7-10 or so who are regular-irregular voters (if that makes sense). Thats about half of the total number of users who have placed at least one MOM vote.

Anyway if people are doing this and they want them counted I'm going to have to dig them out if they haven't been deleted so can they let me know? Cheers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Are a lot of people doing their post-match MOMs in the match threads?

I only ask because I don't generally venture into them & I'm up to the start of December's fixtures as far as vote collection goes & there's only 5-7 users who regularly enter their votes in here with another 7-10 or so who are regular-irregular voters (if that makes sense). Thats about half of the total number of users who have placed at least one MOM vote.

Anyway if people are doing this and they want them counted I'm going to have to dig them out if they haven't been deleted so can they let me know? Cheers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think it's just died off a bit during the season really. was a rubbish idea on my part, was always going to happen. will do better next season icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

saha back tomorrow icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah just sitting around the bench. Coming on in the 88th minute and then get injured for 5months so that we cannot sell him in the summer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">AC Milan's Brazilian superstar Kaka believes Manchester United have overtaken Arsenal as the Premiership's most stylish side.

The 25-year-old got a first-hand look at Sir Alex Ferguson's men on Tuesday as his side crashed 3-2 at Old Trafford in a thrilling Champions League semi-final first leg.

Kaka was arguably the star of the show with a first-half brace, but he saw enough of United to convince him they would not look out of place at Rio's famous Maracana.

"I watch the Premiership and I see Manchester United in England as the most Brazilian-like in their style," he told the Daily Telegraph.

"Obviously, Ronaldo and Rooney are very skilful, but they all play well with the ball on the floor.

"They play the passing game. They did not use any long balls against us.

"People always say that Arsenal play a Brazilian style of football, but I think Manchester United are more Brazilian in their way of playing than the Arsenal players are."

Vocal

Kaka also hailed United's fans for their vocal performance on Tuesday night.

"I was particularly impressed with the singing of the Manchester fans at half-time, especially as their team was 2-1 down," he added.

"This is one of the great things about Premiership fans. They have such passion for their team. I love that kind of atmosphere."

The Champions League's top scorer this season has predicted an equally attacking second leg when the sides reconvene on Wednesday night at the San Siro.

Kaka said: "The two teams are very similar, both very strong, who both espouse an attacking brand of football.

"We are two teams who instinctively like to come forward and attack. I think the combination of the teams makes it a joy to watch.

"You could never hold back and settle for a draw against a team like Manchester United.

"The second leg will be an exciting match, because it would always be this way whenever these two teams of players meet.

"But we are going to go for the kill in the San Siro, to win outright."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

clearly a come and get me plea. do the honours fergie

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">are we going to include foreign newspaper transfer rumours on our list? only one of the spanish papers is heavily linking us with Barca youngster Gai Assulin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Assulin and Bojan have both already rejected Arsenal and confirmed they will both be staying at Barcelona. Doubt he moves, but if he's does then that would be fb.

i don't understand the article as it's in spanish, and i wouldn't trust a spanish newspaper rumour as far as i could throw it. afaik it says we've been speaking with his parents and there's a chance he joins us in July. will believe it when i see it icon_biggrin.gif

I did a quick google news search after your poach after you posted.

I only found

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=37401

It says you beat Arsenal etc to the signing, but Arsenal were interested 1-2 years ago, and he (apparently along with Bojan) rejected them, so I'm not sure what has changed now, unless it is just the ££ as the article suggests.

DON'T RUIN HIM LIKE ROSSI IF YOU GET HIM icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

agree about Pique but then i just don't think he's particularly suited. Rossi will be back though icon_cool.gif

Assulin would be amazy.

must. not. get. carried. away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But he was very good in that one game he played for the first team icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Short Highlights of Gai at Cadete A this season.

(possibly a bit when he recently got promoted to Juvenil A)

(features awful music)

http://www.oye-comova.com/LaMasia/03_Kirakira/Cine/Estr...movie/006_Gai_02.mov </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_eek.gif WOW that kid looks amazing. how old is he?

I read it icon_frown.gif

The news was that the parents were happy, even yesterday in the other paper of Barcelona (El Mundo Deportivo).

If he signs for another club I would be disappointed because the parents have used Barça. The boy was in the middle of the ****ing war icon_mad.gif don’t want to say something stupid.

Loads of parents, even former footballers, offer theirs boys to Barça because they know the quality of the academy. Barça spend loads of money on their ****ing boys and at the first chance, when there are 16, they ask for a salary.

Barça should break any relationship with Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United, especially United because our academies collaborate regularly.

Even if it was only a movement of his agent, I’m angry tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Do you work for Barcelona Yovan, a few times you've posted that talked to some Barcelona Scouts, and things like "don’t want to say something stupid", makes me think you work for them or something icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, I wish but I only know some scouts, but not Barça scouts.

I said that because Barça helped him when he travelled to Israel, and it was recently, in the summer iirc. The boy is from Haifa, close to Lebanon.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

you think this is a possibility then yovan? i assumed it was just paper talk. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it’s possible because I know how it works. €300k a year or more, a house and a good job to the parents...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yovan:

I read it icon_frown.gif

The news was that the parents were happy, even yesterday in the other paper of Barcelona (El Mundo Deportivo).

If he signs for another club I would be disappointed because the parents have used Barça. The boy was in the middle of the ****ing war icon_mad.gif don’t want to say something stupid.

Loads of parents, even former footballers, offer theirs boys to Barça because they know the quality of the academy. Barça spend loads of money on their ****ing boys and at the first chance, when there are 16, they ask for a salary.

Barça should break any relationship with Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United, especially United because our academies collaborate regularly.

Even if it was only a movement of his agent, I’m angry tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes but can he dance? I don't want a player in my team that can't dance.

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yovan:

I read it icon_frown.gif

Even if it was only a movement of his agent, I’m angry tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes but can he dance? I don't want a player in my team that can't dance.

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See that boy ? I havent felt this way about a player since the first time I saw Cristiano play.

I want him in our team. Now.

From that clip it looks as though that kid has some mad skills so I'm all for us going for him if at all possible. Could've given some warning about the music that went with it though!

Think I'll keep going with the MOM vote collection seeing as I'm already in December, may as well see how it turns out. Be interesting to see if the sample of users who've contributed regularly reflect the thread as a whole opinion wise when its done. I'll admit I've been geeky (shocking I know...) and playing around with ideas for killer voting breakdowns icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Could've given some warning about the music that went with it though!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

(features awful music)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Archived