The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

I liked Eagles goal icon14.gif

Serious question not trying to troll: Why did Rooney make a point of going to the Everton fans and kissing the Man Utd badge? I thought he was still an Everton fan at heart having been there since 12 or whenever he joined?, or has he lost all interest for them after Moyles is suing him? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He does it as a response to the booing and baying for his blood by idiotic small minded primates who think he should have stayed with them and won them the league.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Serious question not trying to troll: Why did Rooney make a point of going to the Everton fans and kissing the Man Utd badge? I thought he was still an Everton fan at heart having been there since 12 or whenever he joined?, or has he lost all interest for them after Moyles is suing him? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chris Moyles is suing him as well now?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

I love it

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so unnecessary, so brilliant </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

Yeah Mark apparently he's suing Rooney over some stuff he said in his book icon_confused.gif

Fan-f**king-tastic. What a day.

MOTM: Scholesy. Inhuman passing abilities, really.

2nd: GBH

AFFG 1: Paddy for giving away a daft freekick

AFFG 2: Carrick - Fernandes has come a long way from the left flank and Carrick should've picked him up.

So many incredible little things. From the ref taking the **** out of Arteta before the fk he drilled straight at VDS, to Kieran being good again, just like he was for the first half against Boro - wp booers, looks like it got through to him, to Giggsy sensibly deciding to forgoe his usual shift of doing three bad things for every occasional flicker of genius to simply being absent, to so much brilliance from Rooney despite the fact he was dire on so many occasions, to Johnny's versatility and predatory 'fox-in-the-box' nature surely being the answer to our striking problems next season, to Pip's wondergoal, to Wazza risking his life to **** off the Toffees, to CHRISSY BLOODY EAGLES! What a day. Just wanted to cry around quarter to two, muttering 'die season, die' under my breath, to the giddyness of turning down the offer of a tenner from a punter at work to turn the telly off during MOTD even though I'd watched the match live on telly earlier.

Still dont get the Giggs hate yesterday, I thought he was decent enough watching live, then watching the highlights it confirmed to me he was fine...

Set pieces continue to be well delivered, didn't do his constantly-give-possession-away trick, also played some brilliant passes/through balls which we should have got a goal or 2 from.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Still dont get the Giggs hate yesterday, I thought he was decent enough watching live, then watching the highlights it confirmed to me he was fine...

Set pieces continue to be well delivered, didn't do his constantly-give-possession-away trick, also played some brilliant passes/through balls which we should have got a goal or 2 from. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I thought his performance was a ingificant improvement on the last couple for which he was utter dog turd tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Set pieces continue to be well delivered, didn't do his constantly-give-possession-away trick, also played some brilliant passes/through balls which we should have got a goal or 2 from. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I thought his performance was a ingificant improvement on the last couple for which he was utter dog turd tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Would rather wrap the title up at Citeh and use the Chelsea game for nose-rubbing-in, but each to their own I guess. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So many incredible little things. From the ref taking the **** out of Arteta before the fk he drilled straight at VDS, to Kieran being good again, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Would rather wrap the title up at Citeh and use the Chelsea game for nose-rubbing-in, but each to their own I guess. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We can't wrap up the title at city. we play first, and Chelsea have to drop points for three there to be enough.

winning the points to clinch the title > winning it while someone else drops points

yeah I was discussing this yesterday and started saying "I'd prefer us to actually win it at Chelsea... or winning it at home on the final day would be nice" before realising I really don't give a sh*t and just want it won asap icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man Utd 1 - 2 Man City

Chelsea 2 - 0 Arsenal

Chelsea 1 - 0 Man Utd

Chelsea 2 - 1 Everton

Man Utd 2 - 2 West Ham

0-2, clawed back with an 87th minute O'Shea goal and 94th minute Keiran Richardson equaliser.

I thought while watching the highlights that he did look rather good, largely due to the fact that they were just that: highlights. Still gave the ball away too much during the match for my liking, while the only real contribution I can remember from open play was his through ball for Smudge, though fair play with regards his set pieces. Just expect more of him. Our Kier was a greater threat imo.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

whs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We can't wrap up the title at city. we play first, and Chelsea have to drop points for three there to be enough.

winning the points to clinch the title > winning it while someone else drops points </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

true, but having the title won >>>> not.

so if Chelsea losing does it, so be it, we can then go to Stamford Bridge and have a great time.

important thing is win the damn thing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RSB:

I thought while watching the highlights that he did look rather good, largely due to the fact that they were just that: highlights. Still gave the ball away too much during the match for my liking, while the only real contribution I can remember from open play was his through ball for Smudge, though fair play with regards his set pieces. Just expect more of him. Our Kier was a greater threat imo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Re: Giggsy. Should've refreshed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RSB:

I thought while watching the highlights that he did look rather good, largely due to the fact that they were just that: highlights. Still gave the ball away too much during the match for my liking, while the only real contribution I can remember from open play was his through ball for Smudge, though fair play with regards his set pieces. Just expect more of him. Our Kier was a greater threat imo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He played a through ball for Smith and at least 2 equally good ones for Rooney in the 2nd half, just off the top of my head, all of which should have been finished with better shots/goals.

This alone made him better than Kieran (who wasn't as bad as usual but still didn't do much)

Er wait, that doesn't work does it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nope icon_biggrin.gif

we could do with more than just one point from our remaining 3 games...

I think Giggs comes in for a lot of undeserved stick in this thread. Especially from mark "lets sell Giggs and keep Richardson" g.

But whilst I will give you the fact he does give the ball away quite a lot, when you watch MOTD he always looks awesome as he is often the one trying the most creative balls. When it comes off he looks fantastic.

I'm not trying to say that hes awesome in the way MOTD paints him to be but a lot of people completely slate him when if you think about it he must be doing some stuff right and I will take the occasional squandering of possession that he sometimes brings to his game.

Reading back over that its not the most well argued point I've ever made but I am incredibly hungover still.

For me Giggs was ok in this game. His simple passing wasn't as dreadful as usual (lately), he was actually able to find a man most of the time.

My grudge with Giggs lately is that he completely misses the simple passes. If he would try Scholes type of passes (long range, over defence etc) and mess them up it would be ok but he keeps messing up the simple ones.

Would love to see us win at the Bridge, probably won't happen though.

That would bring back similar memories from the end of 2001-02 season , except a lot more happier from our point of view.

Anyone starting the "we want our trophy back" chant yet? Or will it come out at Eastlands next week?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

I think Giggs comes in for a lot of undeserved stick in this thread. Especially from mark "lets sell Giggs and keep Richardson" g.

But whilst I will give you the fact he does give the ball away quite a lot, when you watch MOTD he always looks awesome as he is often the one trying the most creative balls. When it comes off he looks fantastic.

I'm not trying to say that hes awesome in the way MOTD paints him to be but a lot of people completely slate him when if you think about it he must be doing some stuff right and I will take the occasional squandering of possession that he sometimes brings to his game.

Reading back over that its not the most well argued point I've ever made but I am incredibly hungover still. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My main annoyance is when the ball is passed to him & he stands there waiting for the ball to come to him rather than moving towards it. The amount of times he has done that recently is infuriating.

Then again he can do something awesome still. Crap against Milan & then in the last minutes he goes & sets up Rooney.

Problem is for every ball like that there are 10 where he randomly flicks it witout looking where he is actually flicking it to.

Oh, fwiw guys Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Andy Cole will be lining up for Queensland next season. Apparently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keep dreaming....

Though Andy Cole isn't too far out of the realms of possibility.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

You know, I can see Rossi being used as a wide man if he stays with us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why? Thats was the problem with his loan at Newcastle. They stuck him on the wing a lot.

He is not a winger and doesnt have the pace or amazing crossing ability to be one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

Speaking of Rossi he's just been substituted in Parma's match against Cagliari. Didn't score but he did get booked. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And had the assist for the first goal.

Giggs was better than fine yesterday. No crit from me & I don't see where its coming from for anyone who is really. Other games this season he's deserved it and others he's not. Guess his performances are just proving very divisive in this thread this season since his form has fluctuated a fair bit since his early season purple patch.

Was Fletch just rested yesterday or was it to protect him from injury? Hopefully it’s the former so he'll be chomping on the bit vs. Milan. Watched the highlights on TV this morning and was just thinking again how good he was icon_cool.gif

Assuming, worst case, that Rio, Vidic & Nev are all still absent for Milan, how should Fergie shuffle his pack for that game with Paddy suspended?

Fletch/Wes/Heinze/O’Shea

Fletch/Wes/O’Shea/Heinze

O’Shea/Wes/Heinze/Richardson

…or a radical O’Shea/Wes/Heinze triumvirate at the back? (I already know that the last one is a terrible idea).

it's been answered in various ways but basically why shouldn't he when he's getting all manner of stick for the whole game? if mongy evertonians can't handle the fact that he made a necessary move to fulfil his potential and realise his ambitions - making them a fortune in the process (and probably making them a better team) - and choose to hurl non-stop abuse at him, why shouldn't he give a little back to get under their skin?

plus, once a blue, always a red ofc

and yeah, Giggs was loads better yesterday. Jonny's right in that the main annoyance for me is his speed of thought has been seriously lacking and he's so often caught on his heels when a pass is played to him, allowing the defender to easily intercept. less of that yesterday, better movement, some genuine creativity and blimey, maybe even a bit of leadership and taking of responsibility when we needed it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

and yeah, Giggs was loads better yesterday. Jonny's right in that the main annoyance for me is his speed of thought has been seriously lacking and he's so often caught on his heels when a pass is played to him, allowing the defender to easily intercept. less of that yesterday, better movement, some genuine creativity and blimey, maybe even a bit of leadership and taking of responsibility when we needed it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

good good, for a while I was starting to think it was just me that saw him improve yesterday.

annoys me when people rate players based on their pre-conceptions from recent games or whatever, rather than actually watching the game in question properly.

& I forgot another question...

How are our players shaping up as far as being suspended/close to suspensions domestically and in Europe at the minute?

Other than knowing that Paddy is out and Scholesy is one away from European heartbreak if we get to Athens I can't remember.

Archived