The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

An overly paranoid acquaintence of mine thinks that UEFA don't want a United - Liverpool final and the ensuing carnage that goes with it, and therefore the ref will be HUGELY bias toward Milan tonight.

We shall see... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye, a few people have been saying the same. Makes sense for everyone other than us.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt Cavanagh:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

The definitely going to be joining Manchester United, no doubt about it, cos the papers say so list

Mikel Arteta - Everton (Guardian)

Dimitar Berbatov - Spurs (Guardian, Sunday Mirror)

Jermain Defoe - Spurs (Guardian)

Owen Hargreaves - Bayern Munich (Times)

Klaas Jan Huntelaar - Ajax (Guardian)

Running Total: 5

Predicted Final Total

Irish - 170

James07? - 112

bling - 102

pjburrage 99

WSR - 95

theis - 92

alilaw - 89

Nezell - 87

14AlanSmithifb 85

Hero of the day - 83

vanester 82

T!mbo - 80

BBB - 79

gonch19 - 78

Bagpuss 77

Pickles - 74

julesMUFC - 71

ajw2255 - 70

Nick OGS20 - 68

Maverick 64

davidbowie 63

Ryno - 62

ACou2000 - 60

Gregg Carter 59

Jimlad - 56

ericcantona7 - 55

Matt Cavanagh - 54

mark g 52

keyser - 50

player_65 - 46

SLO_Fila 43

Taz Devil - 41

Saha - 39

The_Fish - 37

finneys13 - 36

Master Blasta - 32

EmmYouEffSee - 29

RedBlood - 26

qwerty2k - 17

Razor Eddie 16

? - 15 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

added myself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hairwad:

"Now who remembers that night in Barcelona and that night in Istanbul? Well in a few years I've got a feeling you might just be talking about that night in Athens. The two red giants of European football collide tonight in perhaps the match of the century. Dreams will be broken, heroes will be made, and forever and a day grandfathers well tell stories of the time these giants met in May". Shutup Tyldesley icon_mad.gif Jeez I'm annoyed already, even though we're destined to lose tomorrow. If not then Clive, gon on then you can actually use that intro if you want. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats a great intro, I'm fired up for the final already icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

The definitely going to be joining Manchester United, no doubt about it, cos the papers say so list

Mikel Arteta - Everton (Guardian)

Dimitar Berbatov - Spurs (Guardian, Sunday Mirror)

Jermain Defoe - Spurs (Guardian)

Owen Hargreaves - Bayern Munich (Times)

Klaas Jan Huntelaar - Ajax (Guardian)

Nani - Sporting Lisbon (Guardian)

Running Total: 6

Predicted Final Total

Irish - 170

James07? - 112

bling - 102

pjburrage 99

WSR - 95

theis - 92

alilaw - 89

Nezell - 87

14AlanSmithifb 85

Hero of the day - 83

vanester 82

T!mbo - 80

BBB - 79

gonch19 - 78

Bagpuss 77

Pickles - 74

julesMUFC - 71

ajw2255 - 70

Nick OGS20 - 68

Maverick 64

davidbowie 63

Ryno - 62

ACou2000 - 60

Gregg Carter 59

Jimlad - 56

ericcantona7 - 55

Matt Cavanagh - 54

mark g 52

keyser - 50

player_65 - 46

SLO_Fila 43

Taz Devil - 41

Saha - 39

The_Fish - 37

finneys13 - 36

Master Blasta - 32

EmmYouEffSee - 29

RedBlood - 26

qwerty2k - 17

Razor Eddie 16

? - 15 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

argh, Joey Barton can **** right off. Such a massive ****. I mean I was against Smith signing as I thought he was a toss pot but in comparison he is a little old lady you'd help across the road compared to Barton.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

Ter you ****.

I'll be posting rats through your letterbox now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Such a scouse thing to do icon14.gif

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John S:

Huddersfield have Phillip Marsh playing for our reserves tonight as he is been released by you.

Just wondered how good he is? I see he can play on the wing, up front and at right back. Has he got pace? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Nick OGS20s reply:

not really. he's quite strong and well-built for his age, makes a decent target man but he's distinctly average in almost every way tbh. hope he does well and gets a contract though, cheers for the info.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

I'm feeling pretty confident actually. It helps that the pressure is a little bit off in the league. The fear that we will end the season trophyless is not so strong now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't work like that for me. when you actually win something, and when the seasons finished, they produce highs. But they don't for me lessen the lows of losing games like tonight, so i'm just as tense as i would have been if the league was gone.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

Wolves iirc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"what?" may i ask myself icon_frown.gif misunderstood

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

Didn't we sign Nardiello, or another of your youth cast offs for a season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that was his younger brother Michael.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Nick:

As well as Mullan we now also have Aaron Burns on trial (Man Utd.com and Leeds website both confirm).

He's a striker yeah? Any info much appreciated etc

cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

blimey, they're all off. yeah, he's a striker, can play out wide as well (usually on the left, he's left footed). top scorer for our reserves this season, although that isn't particularly saying a whole lot. his pace is his best asset, there's not a whole lot more to his game but again, he should be useful in league one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JamieDay:

Please get through so you can beat those scouse *****. Please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Holy mack. Chelsea now supporting us?

Blimey!

Dear christ, I'm bricking it.

And I don't even think I can be happy if we make it through. Just makes the next 3 weeks one huge build up to the biggest game in history, something that defeat in could be genuinely hard to recover from. How can you look forward to that?

Not that I want us to go out mind.... ARGH!

it's horrible. just managed to force down a bacon sandwich, genuinely feel like it could make a reappearance any second. desperately want us to win but it's going to be a mental few weeks if we do, and a giddy scouse mongfest if we don't.

Cheers for the info about Burns as well, Left Wing/Left back was a big problem for us so its good to see Left Wing kind of being solved (I can't see Lewis staying).

Hopefully they will be better than Pugh, although he did have a good start here tbf

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

BBBBBBBBBB, Coldberg, Jules and someone else I think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bagpuss as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Wembleeeeeeeee, Wembleeeeeeeeee,

I'm a twat called wsr,

but I'm going to Wembleeeeeeee,

Wembleeeeeeee, Wembleeeeee..

Lets say I'm just a little bit happy. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>got chubbed then?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deco2o:

Sorry to be a pain guys..Have any you got a link to anywhere that Mourinho said Ronaldo is unedcated? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

bloody hell i need a beer, now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On your cornflakes eh?

Archived