The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Yeah, where was Ronaldo? will next season be the season he "does it" against big teams?

eff off the following

VdS - too old

Brown - too injured

Heinze - too crap, seriously do the Argies have a defender shortage?

Giggs - too old and too lethargic.

Die wasters </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can I ask what VDS has done wrong, please? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

too old like it says. you need it explaining further? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

VDS needs to die because he is too old? He has been fb this season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

Knowing our luck we'll probably get beat tomorrow and Kaka will pick up a soft yellow card ruling him out of the final. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, i can feel it in my bones now. It's gonna happen. United vs. Liverpool will happen.

I am as certain as i was when Beckham left, RVN left, Liverpool kicked out Chelsea 2 seasons ago, Barca kicked out Chelsea last season, Liverpool winning the ****ing thing and us beating Milan in the 1st leg.

I have the same feeling, it's gonna happen. With or without Scholes.

The ginger prince better not get ****ing booked! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was thinking at this part in the last 5min of the game icon_biggrin.gif

Was also sure somebody is gonna shuv it in my face icon14.gif

Well not that i don't deserve it, mind you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

The "Champions" League is a joke the last few years. How many of the finalists in the last 4/5 years have been in a title race?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHAT. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>what?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gaga_4_parma:

SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME! YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*English Press in your fcuking FACE!* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

to think we are loaning you a player who is pretty much keeping you out of serie b.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

VDS needs to die because he is too old? He has been fb this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>not for the last 6 weeks he hasn't. no fault really on him tonight, but you can see him slipping, a bit like Lehmann at Arsenal. Could well be age catching up with them after a long season, and if they can't handle it, they shouldn't be playing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thierry_is_god:

Bit of positivity lads:

You still have the double to go for. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got reminded of that thanks to the FA Cup final ad :*)

Incidentally mates, not sure if you'd get it, but does anyone else HATE that bloody vodafone ad with the air horn?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

The "Champions" League is a joke the last few years. How many of the finalists in the last 4/5 years have been in a title race?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHAT. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>what? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>have we been in one? really? And we haven't even made a CL Final icon_frown.gif

I've come round now tbh. I was fuming when seedorf scored, and that was the killer blow for me. I knew there was no coming back after that.

Milan just looked superior to us all over the pitch tonight. Exactly the same as the other times we've been knocked out over the years - Madrid, Bayern, Leverkusen, Milan. Fergie just doesn't have the tactical awareness to cut in europe IMO.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">VDS needs to die because he is too old? He has been fb this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

been far from fb but has been decent. he was fine tonight, although cech probs would've saved one or two of the goals.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Barcelona and Porto just escaped relegation in their CL winning seasons iirc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Porto don't count for 2 reasons:

1. They had the title sewn up very early and were able to rest players like Liverpool does.

2. The referees throughout the tournament basically hand dragged them into the final.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Barcelona and Porto just escaped relegation in their CL winning seasons iirc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Did i say winners?

no

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

VDS needs to die because he is too old? He has been fb this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>not for the last 6 weeks he hasn't. no fault really on him tonight, but you can see him slipping, a bit like Lehmann at Arsenal. Could well be age catching up with them after a long season, and if they can't handle it, they shouldn't be playing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the last 6 weeks we haven't had a defence, he made two mistakes a few weeks ago and now he "shouldn't be playing" wtf?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nistelrooy_uk_10:

I've come round now tbh. I was fuming when seedorf scored, and that was the killer blow for me. I knew there was no coming back after that.

Milan just looked superior to us all over the pitch tonight. Exactly the same as the other times we've been knocked out over the years - Madrid, Bayern, Leverkusen, Milan. Fergie just doesn't have the tactical awareness to cut in europe IMO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't forget Benfica 2–1 Manchester United and Porto 3-2 (agg.) Manchester United :*)

Barcelona and Porto just escaped relegation in their CL winning seasons iirc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Did i say winners?

no </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

winners are still finalists though icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hell Hath No Fury:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hell Hath No Fury:

well done dave. you've sonned *****. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

finding gems like these basically the only way I can read your thread tbf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't get me wrong, i appreciate you doing it for us. I was just hinting that you're so much better than this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

recent evidence suggests otherwise tbf. Polack a more effective troll these days :////

rubbish performance, just didn't show up at all really. completely outclassed by a much wiser side who pinpointed our weaknesses and ruthlessly exposed them, something we completely failed to do. only Scholes and VDS excused really, everyone else poor or anonymous, Giggs especially dire once more. starting with Vidic was a mistake, clearly nowhere near fit. can't account for Gaby having a complete brainfart for the second though. baffled as to why we didn't put Saha or Smith on 15/20 minutes earlier where we briefly looked vaguely threatening, wasted any chance we may have had right there.

just not good enough, again. won't be overly arsed if we go on and win the league (and the cup as well ideally), as long as we genuinely do learn for next year. and strengthen, it's clear we're just not good enough on this stage in several areas and as much as Rooney/Ronaldo disappointed tonight, you can't expect them to dig you out of a hole when your senior players are massively below par.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

VDS needs to die because he is too old? He has been fb this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>not for the last 6 weeks he hasn't. no fault really on him tonight, but you can see him slipping, a bit like Lehmann at Arsenal. Could well be age catching up with them after a long season, and if they can't handle it, they shouldn't be playing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the last 6 weeks we haven't had a defence, he made two mistakes a few weeks ago and now he "shouldn't be playing" wtf? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

stfu you po faced moron, he isn't and was never Big Pete, so why shouldn't he go? He isn't "fb" at all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">VDS needs to die because he is too old? He has been fb this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

been far from fb but has been decent. he was fine tonight, although cech probs would've saved one or two of the goals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

two Cechs wouldn't have got near any of them. utterly baffled why VDS is getting flak here, he did all we could ask of him tonight. not his fault the defence were clownshoes.

In the last 6 weeks we haven't had a defence, he made two mistakes a few weeks ago and now he "shouldn't be playing" wtf? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

stfu you po faced moron, he isn't and was never Big Pete, so why shouldn't he go? He isn't "fb" at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahahahaha you want to play without a gk then? because no-one is "big Pete".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">just not good enough, again. won't be overly arsed if we go on and win the league (and the cup as well ideally), as long as we genuinely do learn for next year. and strengthen, it's clear we're just not good enough on this stage in several areas and as much as Rooney/Ronaldo disappointed tonight, you can't expect them to dig you out of a hole when your senior players are massively below par. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh please, they are senior players ffs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nistelrooy_uk_10:

the VDS hate a bit random icon_biggrin.gif he didn't put a foot wrong tonight ffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I said that, but I still think he shouldn't be no. 1 next season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">just not good enough, again. won't be overly arsed if we go on and win the league (and the cup as well ideally), as long as we genuinely do learn for next year. and strengthen, it's clear we're just not good enough on this stage in several areas and as much as Rooney/Ronaldo disappointed tonight, you can't expect them to dig you out of a hole when your senior players are massively below par. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh please, they are senior players ffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh shut up Keyser, what were the likes of Keane, Beckham, Scholes, Giggs, Cantona, Schmeichel, Robson doing at the age of 21/22, not playing in champions league semi-finals ffs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

no </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

winners are still finalists though icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One would also note that Milan were runners-up in the league when Liverpool won the CL, Juventus won Serie A when Milan beat them in the CL, and Leverkusen were Bundesliga runners-up when they lost the CL.

Anyway...

they're not remotely senior players ffs, they're 21/22 and playing in their first club game of this magnitude. not excusing them from blame - Ronaldo especially I thought was poor - but they're far from the main culprits.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

stfu you po faced moron, he isn't and was never Big Pete, so why shouldn't he go? He isn't "fb" at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahahahaha you want to play without a gk then? because no-one is "big Pete". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

because that's what I said. wp.

Big Pete's untouchable, Edwin isn't. And whilst he wasn't at fault tonight (and I never said he was, but wp on that) I don't think it's correct that he's 1st choice next season so he can go, is expendable, can be sold.

Or shall I get goon to say it in idiot for you?

tbf, although Rich is going to extremes (when isn't he? icon_wink.gif) i can see his point with VDS.

With Big Pete, if we'd have had the injuries we have in defence, He'd Man Up and been solid for us when we needed it.

VDS just hasn't done that and has looked like he used to at times for Fulham.

Pete was a world class keeper full stop. VDS seems at the moment, to be a Good Keeper who can pull of a great save when required now and then during games so long as he has a world class defence ahead of him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

With Big Pete, if we'd have had the injuries we have in defence, He'd Man Up and been solid for us when we needed it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

er, the only defensive crisis we've had on a par with this that i remember was in the 97/98 run-in, where we imploded in the title race due to having to play John f**king Curtis. omgz Schmikes didn't win it for us on his own, we should have sacked him on the spot.

They are senior players, this is what their 3rd Champions League campaign?

Hardly virgins.

Again, when we needed a performance (that wasn't against Bolton or Spurs) where the f**k were they? Giggs was appalling (no suprise), Scholes played his heart out but was let down by others, Carrick may as well stayed in Manchester and Fletcher was beyond anonymous who else was left? The defence?

And all those (bar Giggs who was worse) had a bigger responsibility than R & R?

OK.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

they're not remotely senior players ffs, they're 21/22 and playing in their first club game of this magnitude. not excusing them from blame - Ronaldo especially I thought was poor - but they're far from the main culprits. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm when he's in the top ten players in the world, and probably higher than surely he is pretty much a senior player, by defenition of his importance to the side?

After last night though who cares. icon_frown.gif

What can you say after that? I've been far more gutted after games where we've flattered to deceive and just missed out, but we were never at the races. No blame to Fergie for playing Vidic, i don't think he had much option, but the lack of changes and the lateness of the one we made was poor. Special mentions to Carrick and O'Shea for being worse than their woeful teammates, but the first prize in that category goes to Giggs. possibly the most abject big game performance by a united player i can remember, just totally awful from start to finish.

I could mention the ref in the second half, giving them freekicks for nothing, and booking Ronnie for the one tackle he made all game after letting foul after foul on him go, but it really had not the slightest effect on the result. You could say that the rooney penalty while we just started to play could have changed the game, but i honestly don't believe it would have.

And finally, i think the one thing we saw was that we missed a true defensive midfielder. The one hope tonight would have been someone to shackle Kaka and stop them playing as the front player weren't firing, but we don't have someone who can do that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

ahahahaha you want to play without a gk then? because no-one is "big Pete". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

because that's what I said. wp.

Big Pete's untouchable, Edwin isn't. And whilst he wasn't at fault tonight (and I never said he was, but wp on that) I don't think it's correct that he's 1st choice next season so he can go, is expendable, can be sold.

Or shall I get goon to say it in idiot for you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never said he wasn't expendable, though 'selling' him is a bit far fetched, can't see us getting any money for him, and would you really want us with no experienced goalies as number 1 or 2? You said he's not big Pete so why shouldn't he go? simple answer, he's the best we've had since Big Pete. He's one of the best gks in the league, maybe not the best, but you try and convince Mourinho to sell us Cech.

Giggs does really need to go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>more likely a Keane-like restructure to accomodate him *sigh*

Giggs does really need to go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why? Because he had a really bad performance tonight?

We could ship most of the side out after that performance. To single out just one player as being the reason for our defeat and to want to get rid of them as a result is just totally and utterly wrong.

They keep mentioning the amount of games he's played for us and how close the record is. I can see Fergie keeping him just so he can limp over the line :/

basically our shearer. gutting.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

With Big Pete, if we'd have had the injuries we have in defence, He'd Man Up and been solid for us when we needed it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

er, the only defensive crisis we've had on a par with this that i remember was in the 97/98 run-in, where we imploded in the title race due to having to play John f**king Curtis. omgz Schmikes didn't win it for us on his own, we should have sacked him on the spot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. Can't see how we kept him after that season, obviously his fault we lost the title.

smug

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

And finally, i think the one thing we saw was that we missed a true defensive midfielder. The one hope tonight would have been someone to shackle Kaka and stop them playing as the front player weren't firing, but we don't have someone who can do that.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Felt tonight was a perfect sign of why we need Hargreaves.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Felt tonight was a perfect sign of why we need Hargreaves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need Gattuso. End of.

Archived