The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

Not one post from a Liverpool fan has failed to have a spelling mistake in it today icon14.gif

*Double checks post*

*Treble checks* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As long as you can spell it's fine to wish pain on people iirc?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

oh and credit to the milan fans, stupidly loud throughout, made anfield like a morgue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:*(

maybe something to do with there being 30,000 more people or something?

guess we'll see in athens eh?

mwah x

Actually i think all these awards for Ronaldo have damaged his style of play.

Ever since he won the double PFA award he started playing like last season. Just hugging the ball and trying to do everything by himself and eventually leading to nothing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Sir Alex Ferguson reportedly wants Micah Richards to be a part of Manchester United's next Champions League bid - and the Manchester City defender is said to be "aware and excited" by the Red Devils' interest.

On the eve of the Manchester derby at Eastlands, the United boss has targeted the City right-back as Gary Neville's long-term successor, according to the Daily Mirror.

The 18-year-old was nominated for this year's PFA Young Player of the Year award and Ferguson is ready to move swiftly to deny Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham getting there before him.

The London trio all tried to sign Richards during last summer's transfer window and in January but he's now said to be excited about United's apparent interest.

Richards, also capped at international level, only put pen to paper on a new four-year deal last year and City are therefore likely to demand a fee of around £20million.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

The definitely going to be joining Manchester United, no doubt about it, cos the papers say so list

Mikel Arteta - Everton (Guardian)

Dimitar Berbatov - Spurs (Guardian, Sunday Mirror)

Jermain Defoe - Spurs (Guardian)

Owen Hargreaves - Bayern Munich (Times)

Klaas Jan Huntelaar - Ajax (Guardian)

Nani - Sporting Lisbon (Guardian)

Micah Richards - Manchester City (Mirror)

Running Total: 7

Predicted Final Total

Irish - 170

James07? - 112

bling - 102

pjburrage 99

WSR - 95

theis - 92

alilaw - 89

Nezell - 87

14AlanSmithifb 85

Hero of the day - 83

vanester 82

T!mbo - 80

BBB - 79

gonch19 - 78

Bagpuss 77

Pickles - 74

julesMUFC - 71

ajw2255 - 70

Nick OGS20 - 68

Maverick 64

davidbowie 63

Ryno - 62

ACou2000 - 60

Gregg Carter 59

Jimlad - 56

ericcantona7 - 55

Matt Cavanagh - 54

mark g 52

keyser - 50

player_65 - 46

SLO_Fila 43

Taz Devil - 41

Saha - 39

The_Fish - 37

finneys13 - 36

Master Blasta - 32

EmmYouEffSee - 29

RedBlood - 26

qwerty2k - 17

Razor Eddie 16

? - 15 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw2255:

Clean sweep

so thats another award for ronaldo.

wp mate </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Giggs 3rd. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know which bit is funnier, that he was third or that he was ahead of Scholes icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw2255:

Clean sweep

so thats another award for ronaldo.

wp mate </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Giggs 3rd. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know which bit is funnier, that he was third or that he was ahead of Scholes icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And richardson, no less.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

Ever since he won the double PFA award he started playing like last season. Just hugging the ball and trying to do everything by himself and eventually leading to nothing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope you are joking because that just seems a stupid thing to say.

since he netted the awards he has played 3 times. Twice against Milan and Once against Everton.

So on the basis of an awful team performance by everyone where he was double marked, a game where he got half an hour while nowhere near match fit and the first game against Milan where i saw no evidence of anything going to his head you are saying things have gone to his head.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

Ever since he won the double PFA award he started playing like last season. Just hugging the ball and trying to do everything by himself and eventually leading to nothing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

since he netted the awards he has played 3 times. Twice against Milan and Once against Everton.

So on the basis of an awful team performance by everyone where he was double marked, a game where he got half an hour while nowhere near match fit and the first game against Milan where i saw no evidence of anything going to his head you are saying things have gone to his head. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

spot on. sorry SLO but you're talking complete rot there icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Pique set for OT return

United defender Gerard Pique, who has excelled during a loan spell with Real Zaragaoza this season, will be back at Old Trafford next term.

The 20-year-old Catalan centre-half has enjoyed a year-long loan spell in La Liga but, despite interest in a permanent move from the Spanish club, Sir Alex Ferguson plans to bring the highly-rated former Barcelona defender back to Manchester.

The Reds boss will travel to Spain to see Zaragoza take on Racing Santander at La Romareda stadium before meeting with Pique to discuss his plans for next season.

It means Sir Alex is unlikely to be watching Chelsea’s match against Arsenal on Sunday at the Emirates Stadium. Should United win against Manchester City on Saturday, the Reds will be eight points clear and would leave Jose Mourinho’s side needing to beat the Gunners to stay in the title race.

“I don’t know if I’ll be watching the game,†said the boss. “I will probably be in Zaragoza on Sunday.

“I promised I would go and see [Gerard] Pique play. We are bringing him back next season so I want to sit down and have a chat with him.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

interesting. still wouldn't surprise me if we sell him.

that's from the official site, who also have Sir Alex saying Nev has a decent chance of making it back for the last league game and the cup final.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

So on the basis of an awful team performance by everyone where he was double marked, a game where he got half an hour while nowhere near match fit and the first game against Milan where i saw no evidence of anything going to his head you are saying things have gone to his head. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

meh.

He hugged the ball in the first leg icon_biggrin.gif

Look, we are relegated and in Administration. Yeah very funny I can take your mocking.

Stop with posting your you deserve to get relegated because of Munich songs. I've never taken the **** out of Munich or anyone dying. To do so is disgusting.

And to say we deserve to get relegated in honour or whatever of the memory of those who died is also pathetic and really an insult to those who died. icon13.gif

/rant

/Me treating all the Man Utds fans as some of your fans do about Leeds fans

/rant

/sorry icon_frown.gif

Franny mate, your club's demise has gone to your head icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Silvestre, PLEASE.

Note that this does not mean I want him to die, folks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much do hospitals pay for cadavars these days?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

how was venice dude? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeh really good thanks. after the game all i wanted to do was go home, if you'd offered me a flight back that morning i would have snapped it up. had no interest in venice whatsoever.

but it turned out to be a really enjoyable day. wore my united shirt around town, a couple of people shouting 'milan' at us but it was all in good jest. singing united calypso to gondola drivers was fffb icon_biggrin.gif basically told them they HAVE to beat liverpool.

really liked venice, bought a 5 euro football and we all had a massive kickaround - the market vendors looked so dismayed, but by the end they joined in.

all in all an enjoyable trip, disappointing match but at the end of the day i never thought we'd get to the cl final this season anyway. just gutting we always seem to bottle it around that point. game was crying out for a roy keane on wednesday, thought we missed neville and evra badly.

really miss the games against them. Well, the games that when we easily beat them. When they were actually pretty good, they were pretty horrible matches.

It is, without doubt the best away game we have. All the hatred of a liverpool match, but somehow more fun too (mainly cos they've bugger all to throw back at us, apart from half bricks).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

And to say we deserve to get relegated in honour or whatever of the memory of those who died </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

who is saying in honour? its not in honour but it's definatly one of the reasons im ****ing myself with laughter at the state you lot are in.

I hate Leeds so SO SO much having gone to uni there, but yeah, it just meant the games had bite and real meaning to them. And it's got to be better than a game against Wigan or something, surely?

I wouldn't label it as 'the best away game', mind. My experience is relatively limited nowadays granted, but having coins and bottles chucked at you as a 13 year old is hardly enjoyable

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">if the boot was on the other foot they'd be p!ssing themselves laughing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe, Maybe not.

We probably wouldn't say you deserve to get relegated due to causing *insert made up Leeds United plane crash*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">if the boot was on the other foot they'd be p!ssing themselves laughing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe, Maybe not.

We probably wouldn't say you deserve to get relegated due to causing *insert made up Leeds United plane crash* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who said that.

I just think the whole Leeds saga has been hilarious.

Archived