The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After spending the past 40 odd hours digesting that result. All I can say is maybe we can learn a lot from Milan. Get a 'Gattuso' to play alongside Scholes or Carrick, have Rooney do the Kaka role, Ronnie the Seedorf role, Fletch or Gibson doing the Ambrosini role (have no idea what that role is tbh) Nev and Evra at full back. Just need that Gattuso Enforcer and Striker to make those runs off the shoulder of a defender, then actually be attacking in Europe like we are in the Premiership, and that 3rd trophy is not too far away

Milan play so narrow though. If we did play that formation Evra and Nev would have to be fully fit and up-for-it every time we play to get anything like the best out of it. If we played it this season we'd have been screwed by now thanks to the long-term injuries to Evra and Nev.

It also gets too congested in the centre. Even with three in there the players got in eachother's way. Scholes wanting to drop back. Carrick wanting to go forward a bit. Fletcher wanting to go box-to-box. With a two everyone knows their job.

I just think some of the players bottled it in the San Siro. I don't blame them though, ay arse was going & I was up at the top out of the way. God knows what it sounded like on the pitch when that first goal went in. Quite clearly the best atmosphere I have ever witnessed & I would go back again tomorrow. Such an intimidating stadium to play in.

I'm sorry but one defeat in the CL semi doesnt mean we should change to mirror Milan in any way. In fact i wouldnt be suprised to see Pool keep a clean sheet when they meet in the final.

There are lots of reasons why we got a beating in Milan, our awful style of play, missing our first choice back 4 except Vidic who had been out for a month, tired players where as Milan had rested everyone.

Away from home we play a god awful 4-5-1 that doesnt work but for some reason we continue to play it. Any coincidence that our one CL win has come playing an attacking 4-4-2? For me i'd rather us play the Man Utd Prem way thanks.

On a Gattuso we have always known we are short of one and that is where Hargreaves comes in. Although i would love Mascherano.

yeah, i don't see any particular need to ape another team's formation. with everyone fully fit we'd have stood a decent chance of progressing. with everyone fully fit and us not being in the title race we'd have had a great chance, but that's the sacrifice you make when competing on all fronts. we'd have been better off drawing chelsea in the semi really.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> MIKEL JOHN OBI has taunted Manchester United by claiming: You don’t deserve the title.

The £16million Chelsea star, who snubbed a move to Old Trafford after a bitter row, insists the Blues have been the better side.

The Nigerian said: “We deserve to win the title because of our hard work, determination, the injury crisis and everything.

“I think United have been lucky at some points this season while we’ve had a long list of injuries to cope with. Overall, we’ve been the better team.

“On the strength of our performances we would be worthy champions, because we gave it our all.â€

Chelsea, who are at Arsenal tomorrow, are five points adrift of United, who face local rivals City today.

But Mikel, 20, insists the title race is not yet over. He said: “We’ve played more games than any club in England and still we are showing our ability to win games under any circumstance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

I just think some of the players bottled it in the San Siro. I don't blame them though, ay arse was going & I was up at the top out of the way. God knows what it sounded like on the pitch when that first goal went in. Quite clearly the best atmosphere I have ever witnessed & I would go back again tomorrow. Such an intimidating stadium to play in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed.

i think ronaldo especially bottled it in that sense. his first few mistakes drew rapturous howling and jibes from the crowd and i think it affected him.

what an arena indeed

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> MIKEL JOHN OBI has taunted Manchester United by claiming: You don’t deserve the title.

The £16million Chelsea star, who snubbed a move to Old Trafford after a bitter row, insists the Blues have been the better side.

The Nigerian said: “We deserve to win the title because of our hard work, determination, the injury crisis and everything.

“I think United have been lucky at some points this season while we’ve had a long list of injuries to cope with. Overall, we’ve been the better team.

“On the strength of our performances we would be worthy champions, because we gave it our all.â€

Chelsea, who are at Arsenal tomorrow, are five points adrift of United, who face local rivals City today.

But Mikel, 20, insists the title race is not yet over. He said: “We’ve played more games than any club in England and still we are showing our ability to win games under any circumstance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:*( Thanks for paying for Carrick fwiw

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">“On the strength of our performances we would be worthy champions, because we gave it our all.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And we didn't? Pretty impressive. I can just see the headlines.

"Manchester United win the league without really trying."

What's up with people refusing to give United credit when we've won the league? Arsenal in 02/03 did it with their whole "We are the people's champion coz we played great football" malarky, and now this crap from Mikel.

I may be having selective memory here but everytime someone's pipped us to the title I don't recall United saying how they don't deserve to be champions. In fact, I can recall Fergie saying how the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal deserve their titles when they've won it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/6627587.stm

A hoaxer targeted Manchester United stars with suspicious packages twice in two days, police have revealed.

They were called to United's Carrington training ground on Wednesday over staff concerns about a delivery of parcels.

The complex, in Trafford, was at the centre of a security scare the day before over a similar package containing an "unidentified substance".

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said they believed the same person was responsible for both incidents.

Tests carried out on the packages established the substance was not harmful.

The package received on Tuesday was addressed to Sir Alex Ferguson, while those received on Wednesday are believed to have been sent to Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo.

A GMP spokeswoman said: "Further suspicious packages were discovered on Wednesday 2 May at the Manchester United training ground at Carrington.

"This followed a call on Tuesday 1 May following reports that an unidentified substance had been discovered in an envelope delivered to the address.

"At this stage it would appear that all of the packages have been sent by the same person.

"Officers are continuing to investigate the origins of these packages. No-one has been injured during these incidents."

The complex in Trafford, Greater Manchester, was immediately sealed off as officers investigated on Wednesday.

Staff at the training ground have been told to be vigilant following the security scares.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/6627587.stm

A hoaxer targeted Manchester United stars with suspicious packages twice in two days, police have revealed.

They were called to United's Carrington training ground on Wednesday over staff concerns about a delivery of parcels.

The complex, in Trafford, was at the centre of a security scare the day before over a similar package containing an "unidentified substance".

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said they believed the same person was responsible for both incidents.

Tests carried out on the packages established the substance was not harmful.

The package received on Tuesday was addressed to Sir Alex Ferguson, while those received on Wednesday are believed to have been sent to Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo.

A GMP spokeswoman said: "Further suspicious packages were discovered on Wednesday 2 May at the Manchester United training ground at Carrington.

"This followed a call on Tuesday 1 May following reports that an unidentified substance had been discovered in an envelope delivered to the address.

"At this stage it would appear that all of the packages have been sent by the same person.

"Officers are continuing to investigate the origins of these packages. No-one has been injured during these incidents."

The complex in Trafford, Greater Manchester, was immediately sealed off as officers investigated on Wednesday.

Staff at the training ground have been told to be vigilant following the security scares.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think we have a suspect. He goes by the name of M.Ball

Nearly there my friends, nearly there.

MOM: VDS - penalty save so, so crucial.

2ND: Rio - over the 90 his composure helped plenty. Great to have him and Vida back.

3 points, not a great game, victory was key, 8 points clear, c'mon!

If i'm not mistaken that was Ronnies 23rd of the season, 50th in a United shirt and record breaking 17th in the league this season.

That means he now holds the record for most goals scored in a prem season by a midfielder. Previous record was 16 held by Lampard, Kanchelskis and Ronnie.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

I can almost taste it now.

Not felt this feeling for a long time, when I was 14 or something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought you were only 15 icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

I can almost taste it now.

Not felt this feeling for a long time, when I was 14 or something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought you were only 15 icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh you scamp you! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh bugger off

please, please, please, please let Arsenal get something out of tomorrow, so we get a guard of honour at the bridge.

they might slap us 6-0 but it really really wouldn't matter.

Slap West Ham into the championship, nice day out at the cup final and then sit back to watch Kaka and co destroy the dippers in athens.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Er, Premiership record?

Try 'ever'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh is it? icon_biggrin.gif

haha

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

please, please, please, please let Arsenal get something out of tomorrow, so we get a guard of honour at the bridge.

Slap West Ham into the championship, nice day out at the cup final and then sit back to watch Kaka and co destroy the dippers in athens. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Slap West Ham into the championship, nice day out at the cup final and then sit back to watch Kaka and co destroy the dippers in athens. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a-f**king-men

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by titchuk:

Dunno whether I want Milan or Liverpool to win in the final now we're out.

On one hand I'd hate Liverpool to win, but Milan annoyed me on Wednesday and Liverpool are British...

icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by titchuk:

Dunno whether I want Milan or Liverpool

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, for full impact imagine the following is in RED 7pt bold....

WHAT THE MERRY **** ARE YOU GOING ON ABOUT YOU UTTER SPANNER? IT'S LIVERPOOL. YOU KNOW, THEM. 5 TIMES RING ANY BELLS? TOOL. JUST LOG OFF 'EH.

Archived