The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can i just pass my Congratulatins onto all of you and thank god you didn't let Chelsea win the league.

As for VDS i think you have the perfect replacement in Ben Foster. He played an absolute blinder against us on Saturday and with a decent defence in front of him he won't let too many in.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Two posts in my way there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what the "Quote" button is for. icon14.gif

No, I just hate why everyone thinks everyother manager has to always have a hidden message.

Mourinho could come out and say "I love BBB and Nick and am going to give them £1m each" and the reaction on here would be: "Now they can't buy themself the title they are trying to buy themselves some fans as well icon_mad.gif"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

If they did, would you know?

Serious question btw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The best someone defending the Glazers could say is that they may not have hindered as much as we thought they would so far. Fergie could have been backed by them on everyone he was after, but at the end of the day a net transfer profit of £4m in the summer, plus the only signing in january when we were desperate for a striker being a loan signing for three months, does not say to me owners who are both willing and able to invest in the team.

Now you can argue that the jury may still be out, but i'd say so far i don't see where they gain any credit for this title.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

That's what the "Quote" button is for. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like to mix it up.

And it was a clear swipe from Mourinho. Everyone in the english speaking world knows this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

That's what the "Quote" button is for. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like to mix it up.

And it was a clear swipe from Mourinho. Everyone in the english speaking world knows this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Expects it, even ?

Before people go on too much about Jose or Essien being ungracious, we do have to remember that both Fergie and Giggs have made comments after losing titles to the effect that we were still the best team.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">but at the end of the day a net transfer profit of £4m in the summer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But look where a net transfer debt gets you icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Who was it who said it was just a "coincidence" we were ahead, and that Chelsea would show their amaziness by claiming the title come the end of the season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Essien

<<<<<<<<<<<

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

No, I just hate why everyone thinks everyother manager has to always have a hidden message.

Mourinho could come out and say "I love BBB and Nick and am going to give them £1m each" and the reaction on here would be: "Now they can't buy themself the title they are trying to buy themselves some fans as well icon_mad.gif" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah, I'd take the money cheers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">but at the end of the day a net transfer profit of £4m in the summer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But look where a net transfer debt gets you icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd like to believe there's a comfortable middle ground between making £4m, and spending £200m you haven't got icon_biggrin.gif

Seasons Highlights:

5. Giggs , Scholes and Neville still performing at the highest level and getting better.

4. O'shea vs Liverpool - just brilliant!

3. Ronaldo vs Fulham

2. Scholes vs Villa - great goal!

1. 7-1!

I love how Taz seems to get more enjoyment out of ranting at the BBC and the rest of the media than he gets out of us actually winning the title.

I couldn't care less about it tbh. Firstly almost all reports I have read have said something along the lines of "But this wasn't a title that Chelsea lost, it was one which a brilliant Man Utd won" or "playing football how it is supposed to be played this must go down as one of Ferguson's best title wins", The Times even had the front page of the Game proclaiming Ferguson to be 'the Special One'.

Secondly you point at someone like Hansen. We have to remember that for him to give us any credit is similar to him heaping praise upon Man Utd.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

I love how Taz seems to get more enjoyment out of ranting at the BBC and the rest of the media than he gets out of us actually winning the title.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow its like you're inside my mind.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Richie J:

and kuszczak could get a medal if he plays the last two games no? you need to play 10 iirc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hes played 5 games in the prem so no. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah, i misread the stats as 5 starts, 3 as sub. and then couldn't work out where the 3 sub appearances had come from icon_biggrin.gif

chris eagles a yank though!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We are much better than Manchester United. The difference in points in the Premiership is just a coincidence. It’s just a matter of days before we are the leaders. I have done my calculations and we will finish at least five points clear of United </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

"We are much better than Manchester United. The difference in points in the Premiership is just a coincidence. It’s just a matter of days before we are the leaders. I have done my calculations and we will finish at least five points clear of United" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not even sure what that means. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

"We are much better than Manchester United. The difference in points in the Premiership is just a coincidence. It’s just a matter of days before we are the leaders. I have done my calculations and we will finish at least five points clear of United" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not even sure what that means. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's coincidence that we're the better team and we have more points. He thinks even though we've been better that isn't the reason we have more points icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

i just love the idea of him working out the results bbc predictor style icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

when I did it we won the league by 9 points, I thought I was just being fanciful icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I get relatively wet just watching the celebrations and the atmosphere in the Blaize.

literally GUTTED I don't live in Manchester right now icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

twas amazing dude

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

i just love the idea of him working out the results bbc predictor style icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The thing is, i had us down as winning by a good 5 or 8 points or something with the one i did in work. icon_biggrin.gif

Had us getting 92 points i think. Will check tomorrow.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow its like you're inside my mind. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scary isn't it icon_frown.gif

Just pointing out the fact that you (and some others) seem to have adopted a siege mentality with regards the media.

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

sunday will be amazy.

btw juni, if about, is there an away pub at or around stamford bridge? fancy heading down there on wednesday </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Slug and Lettuce next to Fulham Broadway station is typically the away pub, not strictly but most seem to end up there

Archived