The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Fletcher - My MoM, fantastic neat passing and some great tackles. that one on SWP amazing.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How times change :*)

Thought that was a decent game really, all things considered. Was quite impressed how such a reserve/patched together XI held out against some of Chelsea's better players.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Champions, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

enthusiasm waning already? icon_biggrin.gif

need BBB for the page toppers imo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

I really think it was a penalty. Essien's knee/leg seems to 'wobble' as if it has touched something after the point where contact would have been made. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ferguson just said he didn't touch him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

TK did well except for a mad few minutes at the end. seems like a big confidence player in that a slight hiccup and he goes to pot. very lucky not to concede at the end. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't agree. He looked good throughout because they didn't really test him in the air. Once crosses came in he looked more lost than Watford in the premiership.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

but did he not deal with the shot stopping aspect of the game well? regardless of how infrequent it was, when he was called to make a save he did. it was only the crosses that let him down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, the shot stopping is doing it properly but he is worse than Howard was when crosses are coming in.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

champagne icon_cool.gif

keith will blatantly attempt to spray some poor 13 year old innocent </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do hope, for everybodies sake, you're talking about the champagne.

Can just iamgine it now. Martin getting arrested for being drunk & disorderly whilst repeatedly falling off the wall, Keith arrested for molesting underages girls, Nick for stealing due to lack of money with me getting arrested for being too pretty or something.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

why can't you all chug it from the bottle ffs? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because we don't know where Keith & Martin have been.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

basically, what's happening after teh match? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

should all go for a pint imo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

basically, what's happening after teh match? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

should all go for a pint imo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"Meanwhile, the Real Madrid camp could not have been any giddier - especially Ruud van Nistelrooy, a man who faced two reasons to celebrate on Sunday night. After the match, the striker rushed up to David Beckham, who was holding court with the press, to yell "Manchester United!" and disappear just as quickly, sporting the biggest of grins." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.football365.com/spanish_thing/0,17033,9405,00.html

that van Nistelrooy's a right c**t isn't he icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

It's next to impossible to actually sneak in but </div></BLOCKQUOTE>icon_cool.gif

Great night

£10.55 i spent on travel thats all i spent

Well i bought a pint aswell

Got to turnstile somone was jibbin in front of me icon_biggrin.gif said i lost my ticket guy (forigen didn't seem to speak much english) said nothing i can do, guy behind goes just squeeze in with me and we went in the guy at the turnstile looked like he wanted to stop us icon_biggrin.gif then there was a stweard watching us do it on the other side icon_biggrin.gif

Gonch didn't get in though icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Dunfermline Ath v Manchester United XI

Manchester United have confirmed that a Manchester United XI will come up and play at East End Park in the testimonial match for Scott Thomson on Wednesday 8th August. Half their squad will play in Northern Ireland, with the other half coming to Dunfermline.

Dunfermline’s new season will start on Saturday 4th August.

This will be an ALL TICKET match.

Ticket prices to be confirmed.

More details on ticket sales when finalised. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

same day as the Glentoran game unfortunately, will have to choose, and in all probability Belfast > Dunfermline.

someone pointed out the other day we have friendlies arranged for the friday and saturday immediately before the community shield - wonder if they'll still go ahead.

piece of p**s i'd have thought. have got tickets before just on a membership in a smaller stadium. suppose the new wembley factor might make it a bit trickier, but we'll get a 30-35k allocation easy i'd imagine.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

James07?>>>>Keyser.

I started a ruud song in the tollgate sunday when he scored icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pickles > BBB

Archived