The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

James07?>>>>Keyser.

I started a ruud song in the tollgate sunday when he scored icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gonorrhea > Pickles > BBB </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The definitely going to be joining Manchester United, no doubt about it, cos the papers say so list

Mikel Arteta - Everton (Guardian)

Gareth Bale - Southampton (Mirror)

Dimitar Berbatov - Spurs (Guardian, Sunday Mirror)

Jermain Defoe - Spurs (Guardian)

Samuel Eto'o - Barca (Daily Mail)

Gonorrhea - Taz and the Devil (himself)

Owen Hargreaves - Bayern Munich (Times)

Klaas Jan Huntelaar - Ajax (Guardian)

Youssouf Mulumbu - PSG (Youssouf Mulumbu)

Nani - Sporting Lisbon (Guardian)

Michael Owen - Newcastle (Various + BBC)

Franck Ribery - Marseille (Himself via Sky)

Micah Richards - Manchester City (Mirror)

Steve Sidwell - Reading (Mirror)

Fernando Torres - Atletico Madrid (Mirror)

Running Total: 15

Predicted Final Total

Irish – 170

James07? – 112

bling – 102

pjburrage – 99

WSR – 95

theis – 92

alilaw – 89

Nezell – 87

14AlanSmithifb – 85

Hero of the day – 83

vanester – 82

T!mbo – 80

BBB – 79

gonch19 – 78

Bagpuss – 77

Rb – 76

Pickles – 74

julesMUFC – 71

ajw2255 – 70

Nick OGS20 – 68

Maverick – 64

davidbowie – 63

Ryno – 62

ACou2000 – 60

Gregg Carter – 59

Jimlad – 56

ericcantona7 – 55

Matt Cavanagh – 54

mark g – 52

keyser – 50

player_65 – 46

SLO_Fila – 43

Taz Devil – 41

Saha – 39

The_Fish – 37

finneys13 – 36

Master Blasta – 32

EmmYouEffSee – 29

RedBlood – 26

qwerty2k – 17

Razor Eddie – 16

? – 15

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Highlights of the season so far

5-1 against Fulham in the first game

Ole scoring against Charlton in his comeback game

Ole scoring the winner against Celtic

Easiest game against the scousers in years

Rooney's hattrick against Bolton, the first half hour was amazing

Taking Pompey apart in 10 minutes

Blackburn away \o/

Derby day win

Scholes' rocket against Villa

Henke

Spurs away, 4-0 and O'Shea in net

Cool

Ronaldo last minute against Fulham and the melee that followed

Going 3-0 up at Reading after 6 minutes

O'Shea in the last minute, at the Kop, SO undeserved yet so fecking sweet (doing the double over them quite sweet too)

Battering Bolton at home so easily

The atmosphere against Blackburn after going 1-0 down

fa cup semi final day

Rooney in the last minute against Milan at home

Roma at home, what a display

Everton away, best away of the season even being in their end

Winning the league at Citeh and Mourinho having his words slammed down his throat.

the guard of honour last night.

I thought we acquitted ourselves well last night given the team we put out and I thought the relaxed performances of some of our younger players were much better than they would have been had game actually meant anything.

Thought Wes was the rightful MOM last night and Eagles did well by trying to use his pace and skill to be an attacking threat for us, as well as backing Kieran Lee up when faced with Sinclair’s pace so he’s second for me.

MOM: Brown

2ND: Eagles

Lee himself did okay even if he was a bit hurried in possession at times, and Dong showed some nice touches even if his experience and naivety shone through whilst up against Terry & Essien.

Anyway, hope we finish on a high against West Ham at the weekend and avoid injuries. Will they be giving us a guard of honour as well?

My highlights of the season: (not going to do as many as BBB)

Roma 7-1, what a night

Milan 3-2, ditto

The first ten minutes of Reading away in the cup

Turnaround at Everton

Ronaldo away at Fulham

Boxing Day

Winning the league, CHAMPIONS!! \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

wp redblood on getting in, i had no such joy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Did you watch the full game in the pub?

Shame you didn't get in, was a bit mad outside

What happened when you got to the turnstile?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Is anyone bringing sparkling white wine to the wall this weekend?

If not, I will... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah hmm Sheehan here is Jim's post referring to champagne.

Now then Jim yay or nay, the heathens would be happy with Stella tbf as proper drink is wasted on them. Plus Martin would be drunk off the bubbles alone knowing him.

Also if you are bringing cheesecake i'm sure Martin can get some paper plates and folks from Asda before the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Now then Jim yay or nay, the heathens would be happy with Stella tbf as proper drink is wasted on them. Plus Martin would be drunk off the bubbles alone knowing him.

Also if you are bringing cheesecake i'm sure Martin can get some paper plates and folks from Asda before the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because it takes loads to get you drunk eh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

One of those frendlies you talk about have tickets already sold

Agaisnt Fergies sons team iirc

United playing in Belfast? i want to go to that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nobody wants to go to the Oval voluntarily.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

Also if you are bringing cheesecake i'm sure Martin can get some paper plates and folks from Asda before the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where did I mention champagne?

I'm bringing a bottle of asti that's bit sitting in the kitchen since christmas.

Doubt the wife's gonna have time for cooking, might be able to get some biscuits out of her...will have to see.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

wp RedBlood getting in last night, was there many jibbers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ye there was loads more in the lower tier then should have been. I assume the upper tier was the same

Going to try jib Wembley for the cup final but doubt i will get near the turnstiles for that

Will be hard to judge where the people who will stand all game will be so i have somewhere to stand if i do get in

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

I really think it was a penalty. Essien's knee/leg seems to 'wobble' as if it has touched something after the point where contact would have been made. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'Twas a dive. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

who sings that version of dirty old town that's sometimes played at traff? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it ain't the Pogues or The Dubliners, then it'll be shoite.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

who sings that version of dirty old town that's sometimes played at traff? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the really cheesy version?

I never had a problem with Terry but he is such a whining shitbag. Everytime he doesn't win a header in the opposing area he complaisn to the ref about being manhandled. He then tries decapitating our keeper & he just trots off looking smug.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

I never had a problem with Terry but he is such a whining shitbag. Everytime he doesn't win a header in the opposing area he complaisn to the ref about being manhandled. He then tries decapitating our keeper & he just trots off looking smug. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was the same with any decision. If the ref even tried to talk to one of their players, he was complaining, and then if we even tackled someone he was there again asking what the ref was going to do about it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

jtifb </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he's that too, but it doesn't stop him being a whingeing ****.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> An appeal to Supporters of Manchester Utd

The Wembley Boycott is a campaign aimed at raising awareness of the level of disgust felt by Manchester Utd supporters over the following aspects of the 2007 ‘showcase’ Wembley FA Cup Final:

• the pathetic 25,000 ticket allocation to supporters of the two participating teams;

• the miniscule allocation of just 4,000 tickets priced at £35 for both sets of supporters;

• the extortionate cost of the other allocated tickets, priced £60, £80 and £95;

• the fact that the arrangements for the Club Wembley area will deny those seated there the right to fully participate in supporting their team;

• the outrageous price of the programme, the merchandise and the refreshments.

Whilst some supporters will, should they have been fortunate enough to receive a ticket, be likely to purchase a matchday programme – itself overpriced – we urge all attending to boycott the other official Wembley merchandise and, in particular, the official Wembley refreshment outlets.

It appears to us that the FA is making the ordinary football supporter pay in hard cash for what was the farce that took place over the budgeting, planning and completion of the new Wembley Stadium. It is clear that those responsible for recuperating the massive overspend in the Wembley budget are hoping to claw back as much as they can from those attending football matches at the stadium.

At least 21,000 supporters from both sides will have been forced to pay a minimum of £60 for their tickets. Don’t let those running the FA and Wembley take a penny more from you.

Don’t stuff yourselves

STUFF THE FA!

This appeal is being supported by followers of Chelsea FC

Email: Wembley.Boycott@googlemail.com </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Manchester United’s nine-month pursuit of Owen Hargreaves is finally approaching a successful conclusion, with the Barclays Premiership champions close to striking a deal in the region of £18 million with Bayern Munich for the England midfield player.

Fears were expressed by United officials this week that Bayern’s demand for £21 million may prove prohibitive, but negotiations are understood to have progressed well over the past few days. The clubs hope to reach an agreement that will allow Hargreaves to sign after the end of the Bundesliga campaign a week tomorrow, with a view to completing the transfer on July 1.

Personal terms will not be a problem, with Hargreaves having already approved the offer put to him through a third party last summer, so the only stumbling block is over the structure of the deal, with United keen for a portion of the transfer fee to be based on future achievements, as they have done in deals to sign Wayne Rooney and Michael Carrick in recent years.

Hargreaves is envisaged as the first of at least three new signings by Sir Alex Ferguson this summer. The United manager is also keen to sign a new centre forward. Samuel Eto’o, of Barcelona, has emerged as an ambitious leading target, along with Dimitar Berbatov, of Tottenham Hotspur, but in both cases United would almost certainly be required to break their £30 million record outlay.

Fernando Torres, the young captain of Atlético Madrid, may be available for a smaller fee than last summer, when he was a target, but he is no longer thought to be a top priority, leaving Michael Owen as an intriguing possibility should Ferguson be willing to trigger a £9 million release clause in the player’s contract with Newcastle United.

Ferguson is also eager to rejuvenate his squad by signing a left winger as a long-term replacement for Ryan Giggs, whom the manager prefers to use in a more central position these days. Nani, a highly-rated youngster at Sporting Lisbon, is a candidate, but United’s interest in the 20-year-old may not be as strong as it had been. Carlos Queiroz, Ferguson’s assistant, told a Portuguese newspaper Nani is “not a short-term priority†and that no talks have taken place with Sporting.

A similar rationale applies to Gareth Bale, Southampton’s young left back, and, while either he or Nani could move to Old Trafford this summer, Ferguson is understood to be reluctant to commit himself to spending a large portion of his budget on two unproven players. Youthful reinforcements are already lined up with the return of several players from loan deals. Ben Foster is expected to challenge Edwin van der Sar for the goalkeeper’s jersey after his spell at Watford and Gerard Piqué, the young Spanish defender, has also been assured he will be in the first-team squad – most probably at the expense of Mikaël Silvestre – after impressing during a season with Real Zaragoza.

Players such as Foster and Pique will be eager to stake their claims on United’s preseason tour of Asia, but the four-match trip is becoming problematic. The club have been told they are “not welcome†to visit Kuala Lumpur for the final match of the tour against a Malaysia XI on July 26 because of a clash with the Asian Cup, being held in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam from July 7 to 29.

United remain hopeful the visit to Malaysia can proceed as planned, but are wary of attracting adverse publicity in a “good-will†visit. The organiser, Pro-Events, maintains the visit will go ahead and is trying to obtain permission from the FA of Malaysia, emphasising the importance of United’s “platinum†partnership with Tourism Malaysia. David Gill, the United chief executive, has said he is “sad and disappointed†by the controversy, adding: “Malaysia is our second home. We are proud to come and celebrate Malaysia’s 50 years of independence and it’s a once-in-a-lifetime celebration.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

from the times online

Could be Ewan MacColl btw, but his version has a female singer.

nick icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no-one seems to know icon_frown.gif

i'll keep asking. ring the club imo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Good as Tevez is, we need a number 9, not a number 10. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's OK, if Saha leaves both numbers will be free.

Archived