The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

oh crap, just been to get my phone from the postman, got 2 parcels waiting for me, locked up, can't get them till monday, guess what they are?

cup final tickets

ticket for jonny for tomorrow

tried ringing the concierge and no joy :*( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why did the feckin' postman have your phone ?

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

anyone bored on a saturday afternoon might be interested in tuning into channel m at one o' clock for a special on fcum's cup win... (repeated 6:30pm today, and tomoz 12:30pm and 7:00pm)

alternatively, you can see the goals and/or highlights @ http://fcum.tv/ (click on 'Match Highlights & Goals') </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

MUTV ?

If not, where ? Channel M means f' all tae me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

Basically all that you can say about the Glazers is that the worst case scenario hasn't happened, thankfully. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

oh crap, just been to get my phone from the postman, got 2 parcels waiting for me, locked up, can't get them till monday, guess what they are?

cup final tickets

ticket for jonny for tomorrow

tried ringing the concierge and no joy :*( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why did the feckin' postman have your phone ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sold my phone, got a new one and it came via special delivery

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

MUTV ?

If not, where ? Channel M means f' all tae me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no, channel m is channel for manchester.

http://www.channelm.co.uk/tuningin.html

you can get it on sky and cable

apparently you can watch it on http://freetube.us.tc/ but i don't know what the delay is like on there.

probably best watching at www.fcum.tv if you are outside of manchester or on

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

happy birthday to simon, aka alansmithifb14 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif cheers fella </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, MHR, geezer.

just reading the chelsea programme.

hightlights so far.

Jose blaming the FA for scheduling the original game for FA Cup semi-final weekend when the gap would have been three points.

John Terry saying 'with our injuries and other problems we've done really well' followed up with 'no excuses'.

Nothing from Kenyon icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Odds on Jonny walking to his seat tomorrow and finding the new postie already sitting there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

just reading the chelsea programme.

hightlights so far.

Jose blaming the FA for scheduling the original game for FA Cup semi-final weekend when the gap would have been three points.

John Terry saying 'with our injuries and other problems we've done really well' followed up with 'no excuses'.

Nothing from Kenyon icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Obviously the FA knew about the situation and they tried their best to hand us over the title so they scheduled the original game during the FA cup semi-final weekend and then have it delayed so that they come out scott free while also aiding our cause.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">John Terry saying 'with our injuries and other problems we've done really well' followed up with 'no excuses'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah we know what he really means icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Fran, you always say you're not trolling but asking genuine questions, but surely it was blatantly obvious what the issues with that bit of 'journalism' were </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No honestly not.

The exact lines which James quoted when he took offence was:

You've signed 3 "important players" in the last 2 years (who I guessed was Carrick/Vidic/+1),

Carrick cost $32m (he did didn't he?)

You've signed a club record $110m shirt deal with AIG (again, havn't you?)

Fair enough if you hate the Glazers, but I was reponding to the bit which said those things I have mentioned above was "so lazy and annoying" - but I thought those 3 things mentioned were true?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Fran, you always say you're not trolling but asking genuine questions, but surely it was blatantly obvious what the issues with that bit of 'journalism' were </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No honestly not.

You've signed 3 "important players" in the last 2 years (who I guessed was Carrick/Vidic/+1),

Fair enough if you hate the Glazers, but I was reponding to the bit which said those things I have mentioned above was "so lazy and annoying" - but I thought those 3 things mentioned were true? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they said lazy, they didn't say they were lying, lazy implies they ignored several facts, which they clearly did, not that they made things up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

No honestly not.

Fair enough if you hate the Glazers, but I was reponding to the bit which said those things I have mentioned above was "so lazy and annoying" - but I thought those 3 things mentioned were true? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haven't we been here before Fran?

It's really quite simple. You can't talk about the level of investment from a board by citing how much money has gone out on players, and just ignore how much has come in. It would be like someone saying spurs spent a fortune on players this summer, and ignoring the fact that the majority of their signings were financed through selling Carrick.

Since the Glazers came in i believe we've shown a net profit on transfers. The fact that we've got a manager who's managed to sell to buy to strengthen the squad this season is great, but you can't give the board credit for that. Equally, you can manage that over a season or maybe even two and still challenge, but when you're fighting for championships you have to invest. We've yet to see them do that. And regardless of what people thought of the PLC, the one thing they did do was continually plough the clubs money back into the playing side of the club. Yet the figures that we've seen on the level of debt repayment compared to income show us so far with a shortfall, not a surplus, so where is that investment going to come from long term?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Martin is such a drama queen. I would have just bribed a steward tomorrow if I didn't have a ticket. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not really, I hate letting people down, not doing it again next season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Martin is such a drama queen. I would have just bribed a steward tomorrow if I didn't have a ticket. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not really, I hate letting people down, not doing it again next season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The one time you were out of pocket was nothing to do with any of us. Was a favour you owed to a guy iirc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iron-bullet:

Rooney and Ronaldo likely to be rested tomorrow lads? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

btw lads i am 40 points clear at the top of the fantasy league with 1 game to go, could complete a triumphant double tomorrow icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Athletico Theis has been busting a gut over the past couple of months to catch up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

guys what will you be doing after the game tomorrow? im prob going to head to trafford or blaize for a few hours but if a bunch of you are about i may come and say hello... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

still planning on going somewhere for a few pints afaik. trafford and blaize will be a bit mental, we were looking at the tollgate, trafford park hotel, somewhere like that. probably easier to meet somewhere after the game and the decide en masse where to head.

btw, just been at this red news 20th anniversary party, got photo taken with alex stepney etc - easily the highlight was the party of 10-12 norwegian girls who'd come over especially for it. christ almighty.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

btw, just been at this red news 20th anniversary party, got photo taken with alex stepney etc - easily the highlight was the party of 10-12 norwegian girls who'd come over especially for it. christ almighty. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm guessing you told Fran the best bit was getting your photo taken with the various players eh!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iron-bullet:

Rooney and Ronaldo likely to be rested tomorrow lads? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doubt it.

a) Our fans wouldnt stand for it because they'd want to see a good performance before lifting the Premiership

b) Fergie has said he'll treat the relegation battle with respect and won't do what Liverpool did

c) Our fans want to see you go down and Fergie knows it.

Archived