The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Id take Manuel Fernandes too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

likewise

Eric icon_cool.gif Paddy icon_cool.gif

setting off for the wall now, mon alcohol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Id take Manuel Fernandes too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

likewise

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fernandes another that needed time to settle. Just like Mascherano and Tevez he looked poor in the first half of the season but as we have seen ourself with Vida and Evra you give a guy time and his class shows through.

Basically yes i'm a fan.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Rossi wants United chance

Giuseppe Rossi is desperate for the chance to prove himself a Manchester United star.

The young Italian has long been held in high regard at Old Trafford, but he has spent this season on loan at firstly Newcastle and latterly Parma.

Rossi has shown glimpses of his undoubted talent this term and wants the chance to prove his class at Old Trafford.

Sir Alex Ferguson is being linked with a host of strikers, but Rossi feels there is no need to open the chequebook this summer.

"I want to come back to United not as the kid in the reserves who makes a step up, but as a player fully involved in the senior squad," Rossi told the Star on Sunday.

"United are my main priority. It's where I want to be and where I want to play."

Rossi is happy with his spell away from Old Trafford, as he added: "I needed to go out on loan to get more experience, but I want to be part of the United squad and become a first-team regular.

"You always want to be confident in your own ability. I am and I really hope I can make my park next season because I want to stay at Old Trafford for as long as I can."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

what Mart said. Could have probably gone to a number of clubs or stayed at Reading and would have done better than he will at Chelsea. Unless the rumours of Lampard's move to Spain have some substance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's been rumours that his missus has wanted to move back to Spain for a while. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he ended up at Barcelona.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

He wants to make his way with park next season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is what i gathered it at. sheasy apparently isnt the only gay in the village icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What was the move you liked the most?

I loved putting the ball where nobody expected it, on the condition that it was efficient. Everybody expects you to pass the ball to your left, and you do it on your right. The ball is in the running trajectory of the player, the game becomes more fluid and surprising. When you know how to do that, you have 10 times more opportunities because the players around you know you can throw the ball anywhere at any moment. So they spread out on the field. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the comment that sums Eric up, and makes him different to pretty much any other footballer i've ever watched.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Rossi scored twice today for Parma and was taken off after 52 mins as they were 4-0 up.

Thats 9 so far for Parma, all in Serie A. A one man rescue act. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will be thoroughly disappointed if he doesn't get a chance next season, he deserves it.

p!ss poor performance that took some of the gloss off lifting that trophy.

Too many players too lethargic because we didnt have to win. I would have thought the people not in our first 11 would have busted a gut but i guess not.

And both Wigan and West Ham have ****ing stayed up.

argh. Frustrating in the extreme. I love Tevez but really wanted West Ham down. vds at fault again, Keyser spot on with his post Milan advocation of his removal. Bring on Big Ben, and Rossi, that's a fantastic record for him. Even with another striker brought in as long as Saha is pushed off he'll get ample chances you'd hope.

Ole looks like a shadow of his former self, quite frustrating that he is so poor and so many moves are breaking down because of him. But oh well still a hero.

Pretty ***** performance, richardson did ok again I suppose and thought big bad wes was good but couldve done better for the goal.

VDS beginning to **** me off with his performances of late, ben for number 1 next season ta and let the kush go on loan with keano.

Really enjoyed the celebrations. Still think the gloss was taken off slightly by the result.

Well done to the team, they have been amazing over the course of the league this season and are deserved winners.

Great to see Kuszczak and Smith get a medal, especially smith.

Back to the game, i'm not one who thinks we should just dump VDS, hes been good this season. Yes he was at fault today and has had some shaky games of late but i'm sure he can come back strong next season.

Also please give Rossi games next season. Smith, Rooney, Rossi + Saha(Or New Signing) a good quartet. i know i love the kid and harp on about him but surely he has proven with Parma he deserves a chance.

Ole looks like a shadow of his former self, quite frustrating that he is so poor and so many moves are breaking down because of him. But oh well still a hero.

Pretty ***** performance, richardson did ok again I suppose and thought big bad wes was good but couldve done better for the goal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs there

Still not sure on the VdS hate. Don't think throwing Foster in to be our number 1 next year is necessarily the right move. Edwin is still a top keeper, has made a few mistakes lately, but lets not forget his many good performances too.

Would like to see a bit of Foster being tried out for us before taking over. Experience tells etc

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah. Still deadly in the box but his legs have gone. He has no pace and pretty much cant start games anymore.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Back to the game, i'm not one who thinks we should just dump VDS, hes been good this season. Yes he was at fault today and has had some shaky games of late but i'm sure he can come back strong next season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Basically, whs

• Administrators

Rossi scored twice today for Parma and was taken off after 52 mins as they were 4-0 up.

Thats 9 so far for Parma, all in Serie A. A one man rescue act. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ranieri > Rossi

for me, if ben is gonna make it with us then he is given the number one jersey next season with edwin a very very capable understudy. i dont think vds is past it by any stretch but now is as good a time as any to try and bed foster in and knowing we have edwin there should it all go a bit howard/carroll is a nice bit of security. doubt he will go that way tho, the lad is gonna be immense and i cant wait to see it.

today just emphasised how badly we need a forward really. rooney is a great player but hardly prolific and hes our main goal scoring threat. first half we created quite a lot which i was surprised with as we were without scholes and ronnie yet had no one to put the ball in the back of the net. number one priority please saf.

ole done for me now. cult, legend, god etc etc but ruthless game and hes nowhere near good enough any more. a number of times today oshea tried linking up with him down the right and it broke down time and time again. not his fault, its just not a game he can play anymore.

still annoyed about the result as i hate losing, especially at home and even more so when it means we keep such a horrible club up but am a little calmer after the heineken. thank you heineken.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

I presume you all noticed it too, but where was Park? Strange he was missing, especially considering he was in those pictures from the training ground the day after we'd won the league with the players celebrating. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Undergoing surgery or some medical exams in USA?

That was why I added the bit aabout him being in those pictures from Monday? He had his knee bandaged and was on crutches, along with his fathers comments about the operation potentially saving his career suggested he'd had it done and had coem back.

That may not have been the case and you're probably right.

CHAMPIONS \O/

ah, wonderful day, despite the sh*t performance, awful result and shocking weather. extremely disappointed with the performance and result but once the west ham players had f**ked off (f**k off rob green you complete nobody), that was completely forgotten really. not gonna lie, properly emotional from the moment the coaching staff came out until the moment the last player (Gaby :*************)) disappeared down the tunnel. first time i've been there when we've actually lifted the trophy, just fantastic, everything i'd imagined and shedloads more. would happily have stayed there getting drenched until midnight if the players had kept going round the pitch, just awesome stuff. gonna have to sell a kidney or something to be able to renew, simply can't not do.

From the sunday mirror

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

AFTER FERGIE & CO WIN A NINTH PREMIERSHIP TITLE, RIVALS CITY BRAG ABOUT BEATING UNITED IN THE MANCHESTER SENIOR CUP FINAL!

(And, yes, it's massive in the blue half of Manchester)

Edited By David James 13/05/2007

MANCHESTER CITY have always been kings of comedy, but the way the club's website heralded their latest trophy success had Manchester United fans wondering whether there's a Red working in the Blue camp.

During a week when Sir Alex Ferguson's men were celebrating a 1-0 win over their rivals at Eastlands which set up their ninth Premiership title, City's claim to revenge came when their reserves triumphed 3-1 over United's second string in the final of the Manchester Senior Cup at Old Trafford.

Hardly a trophy with which any club would claim to have ended 31 years of hurt.

Yet the City website proclaimed: "Following Tuesday night's thrilling 3-1 victory over Manchester United in the final of the Manchester Senior Cup at Old Trafford, the City Experience (museum and tour) has updated its trophy cabinet and now forms part of the Experience's display."

And City wonder why United fans nickname them "The Massives". The Mole understands a decision on an open-top bus parade has yet to be made.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gutted about the result today, really wanted West Ham to go down and Wigan even did their bit. Celebrations were great though.

Reflection of last few games is that Fletch has really shown his potential, lots of work, good passing, some great tackles, really hope he can take that into next season.

Like others I'd like to see Foster start as number 1 next season with VDS as a more than capable back up should he be required. Vidic has been class this season but a few people I heard on TV saying he had a nightmare last season. I can't remember him being that bad at all, Evra was poor but he's been fantastic this year.

Priority wise with the resurgence of Fletch I'd like so see us sign a striker + winger with a midfielder as last priority. Time to wave good bye to the Balsa boy and some of the other deadwood (Richardson, Silvestre) although some of them seem to be Fergie's favs.

Seperated at birth?

Archived