The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

he's right though. Wouldn't have been so bad if Fergie hadn't made the comments he did before the Chelsea game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's right in the sense that he looked a bit daft after the comments. He's not right in the rest though.

Fergie's job is to do the best for our club, and if that means resting players, he should be perfectly entitled to do so. And as Mart said, we were far nearer our first XI than Liverpool against Fulham.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Go-Go:

I think he's trying to make the point that Wesy Ham 'should' havve been relegated, and United let them off - whereas if Liverpool would have beate Fulham then West Ham would still have survived.

Still wildly OTT though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So now it's our job to punish West Ham rather than the FA's? That's a more ludicrous argument than i thought he was making.

Vidic and Rio were coming back from injuries so probably wouldn't of been expected to play tbf.

All moot if you allow for the fact we'd never of played a full XI against Sheff Utd at home at any point of the season tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Go-Go:

I think he's trying to make the point that Wesy Ham 'should' havve been relegated, and United le icon_frown.gif t them off - whereas if Liverpool would have beate Fulham then West Ham would still have survived.

Still wildly OTT though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So now it's our job to punish West Ham rather than the FA's? That's a more ludicrous argument than i thought he was making. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's in the Mirror

the stuff relating to natural justice for west ham or whatever is junk, but the basic idea that his actions meant we gave west ham a vital boost is true...and echo Fergie's original comments about the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

bebebee can you lob me a link to that Jose quote that was in your from, Chelsea fan refuting he said anything like that.

Ta </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=437393&CPI...+Hunt+not+the+hunted

ahaha. Holt you clown, what a piece of 'writing'. Also ignoring the fact that we had many chances and a stonewall penalty denied, West Ham more than lucky to get anything to some extent.

just quickly going back to that picture of alansmithisfb14 & uncle, that bloke behind him in the white jumper is the personification of shifty.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

All 4 of them were dirty skanks.

Shows that Keith will literally shag anything as long as it's underage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there is no way any of them were under age

and i do have some standard you know

Just been offered £1900 for our two 10 year wembley seats for Saturday. My dad got a ticket from the club in the United section....but I think that's just crazy money for two tickets. Granted they're great seats, but for just short of two grand?! Phhhh think we may have to bite their arms off.

icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

All 4 of them were dirty skanks.

Shows that Keith will literally shag anything as long as it's underage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there is no way any of them were under age

and i do have some standard you know </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They were clearly not 16.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

this isn't the awards, it's just a debate on the categories?

red comet not paying attention. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is why I'm voting myself as the worst Utd thread user icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

haha, I'd imagine so. he's also up stupidly early on saturday for the cup final (setting off here at 7) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

7. icon_eek.gif

We're only setting off at 9.30.

• Administrators

thought you'd like this, courtesy of Mr 'the baby's not yours'

"The league is always your bread and butter as a Liverpool player and we're not far away. With investment in the summer, and the squad here staying together we can promise to push Chelsea and United all the way next year."

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Man Utd 38 89

Liverpool 38 68

</pre>

Yeah.

Brilliant Jose, just brilliant icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Mourinho could pick Hilario as a striker at Wembley

Tuesday May 15, 2007

Guardian Unlimited

Jose Mourinho claims Chelsea's injury problems are so bad he will consider picking goalkeeper Hilario as a substitute striker for the FA Cup final on Saturday.

Mourinho could have only 15 senior players fit for the clash against Manchester United at the new Wembley Stadium, with John Obi Mikel expected to miss the showpiece after limping off against Everton on Sunday.

Andriy Shevchenko, Michael Ballack, Ricardo Carvalho and Arjen Robben are undergoing treatment, while Ashley Cole is facing a race against time to be fit, meaning Mourinho could have goalkeepers Hilario and Carlo Cudicini on the bench.

"If Ashley is ready we have 15 players for the final," Mourinho said. "I will have to choose between Hilario because he is not bad playing forward, or I'll bring one of the kids to make 16."

Michael Essien and Claude Makelele were rested against Everton on the final day of the Premiership season, with Mourinho using youngsters Sam Hutchinson, Ben Sahar and Nuno Morais off the bench.

Mikel picked up a muscle injury in the 1-1 draw and limped off with 16 minutes remaining, making him a doubt for the United clash. "We will see but I think he is out of the game," said Mourinho.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've posted it in the cup final thread as well.

Juni, 'next year' has been the Scousers' year since about 1997. This 'we'll push them hard next season' is a time honoured tradition upheld for the continual amusement of all United fans.

I remember them being SO GODDAMN SURE prior to 02/03 in particular.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick_123:

Hi, I'm new around here icon_smile.gif . Been a Man Utd fan all my life. I'm 18 and go to most home matches. It was great to win the premiership this season and Ronaldo has been brilliant this season lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>lol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

howdy nick.

what are your thoughts on the Glazers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When the Glazer's first arrived I hated them. I disliked that they put the club further in debt and didn't believe they would support Fergie in the transfer market. But since then they haven't done much wrong to be honest and have not interfered with Fergie and still supported him in the transfer market so at the moment I have no problem with them but still dislike yankees owning the club icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Mart's going to have him for breakfast icon_redface.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1st, 2nd or 3rd course?

icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick_123:

howdy nick.

what are your thoughts on the Glazers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When the Glazer's first arrived I hated them. I disliked that they put the club further in debt and didn't believe they would support Fergie in the transfer market. But since then they haven't done much wrong to be honest and have not interfered with Fergie and still supported him in the transfer market so at the moment I have no problem with them but still dislike yankees owning the club icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Debt just gone away then?

Archived