The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

what are your thoughts on the user "manu legend"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

manulegend is mate from college and recommended me to this forum. If you think I am manulegend and made another account, think again because I'll ask him over msn to come on line on the forum.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick_123:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

what are your thoughts on the user "manu legend"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

manulegend is mate from college and recommended me to this forum. If you think I am manulegend and made another account, think again because I'll ask him over msn to come on line on the forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As you can see in the 'online now' place at the top of this forum me and manulegend are online so I hope that clears up any of your doubts.

Just a question with people willing to pay crazy amounts for a ticket to the FA Cup final at the moment.

At what point does touting your ticket become acceptable? When someone is offering enough. If people were selling their tickets for £80 for a normal league match I'm sure that people would be taking quite a different view to it that they are at the moment.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

Haha can't believe you got a picture of my chatting up those 15 year olds nick icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surprised Keith isn't in there.

The look the guy in the FCUK jumper is giving you though, almost green with envy.

well it's just you're currently posting from the same IP, is that at school or something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, we are staying behind at college due to us revising for our exams later this month. Sorry for spamming this thread by the way.

Question for Mart:

Your rant about not getting tickets the other day ? Does that extend to trying to get that book for me ?

'Cos I'd dearly love one. icon_wink.gif

(Tried applying online for myself, but there's a problem redirecting from the page with the link. icon_frown.gif)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

First the worst, second the best, third the one with the hairy chest icon_razz.gif

This rhyme only works if nicks chest is hairy. Can anyone confirm or deny this for me? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeh yeh.

bow to your champ icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Pretty happy with 17th Considering i actually observed the rules and didnt have any Liverpool, City, Chelsea or Arsenal players in my side at all all season icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thought the rules only stemmed to city and Liverpool players.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v496/NickOGS20/Footba...w&current=haw014.jpg

hahaha what a flattering picture of bbb. also, james is quite CLEARLY the co-creator of viz, simon donald. thank you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

absolutely fugly icon_biggrin.gif

So i just saw all your teams out of the ones who finished ahead of me. Every last one of you has a player from one of the teams that were supposed to be off limits when i actually set my original team. I kept to that, you lot didn't. Therefore i'm the moral winner icon14.gif

Well done me.

I'd also like to think that the final standings in that table are pretty representative of our respective knowledge about football.

I'll take being the second most knowledgable user in the Man Utd thread tbh icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

hahaha what a flattering picture of bbb. also, james is quite CLEARLY the co-creator of viz, simon donald. thank you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

absolutely fugly icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

absolutely fugly icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

this is on redissue.

derek mcgovern in the mirror

if i were scouse i'd ask for a minute's silence and a tifo display against totesport on the first game of next season. but i'm not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahaha, what an utter utter funt

oh and, has anyone read this in the evening news?

not loads of new information but interestingly says a leak has said that price rises weren't originally intended to be as large and that the plan is to continue to push up prices until seats start to empty...

but remember folks, 'ticket prices represent excellent value for fans'.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

you mean if someone offers one on RI or the like? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Si, seńor. icon_smile.gif

19 home games - 19 cheeseburgers icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is pushing it a bit, maybe. icon_biggrin.gif

I won't make all the midweek games in any case. icon_razz.gif

I'd be able to shift those.

where we discussing this at the wall and said keep your ST at mine? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup. makes sense. That way, if I couldn't go, then some deserving OTfer could have it. Or whatever, really.

As long as I got the squids back. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

what have i done now icon_frown.gif

it went really well, and also rubbish. long story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you get to start with any stars, or have you got to earn all 5?

oh, there's an inferior Nick. fair enough.

Eddie, you looking to get a book this season? if you can't get one through the club, mine might end up going spare. looking that way atm

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

First the worst, second the best, third the one with the hairy chest icon_razz.gif

This rhyme only works if nicks chest is hairy. Can anyone confirm or deny this for me? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i can sadly deny it. less hairs than an unpopulated Germany. or something.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Do you get to start with any stars, or have you got to earn all 5? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i have as many stars as City i believe.

or alternatively, my twat of a recruitment consultant sent me to an interview for a completely different job to the one we discussed, one i'm far less likely to get. wp him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

oh and, has anyone read this in the evening news?

not loads of new information but interestingly says a leak has said that price rises weren't originally intended to be as large and that the plan is to continue to push up prices until seats start to empty...

but remember folks, 'ticket prices represent excellent value for fans'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

always thought that to be the case. suppose it makes sense from a business POV, even if it's horrifically unpalatable to us. although i suppose the majority won't even notice, let alone care.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Do you get to start with any stars, or have you got to earn all 5? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i have as many stars as City i believe.

or alternatively, my twat of a recruitment consultant sent me to an interview for a completely different job to the one we discussed, one i'm far less likely to get. wp him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He sent you for drive-thru when you wanted burger flipping?

yeah, but the trouble is i have no experience in the relevant field, which i did in the one i thought i was going for (no, it wasn't a bed-tester). if i was the only candidate i reckon i did well enough for them to think they could take a punt on me, but there were 10/11 of us, and all the others had relevant experience.

working for a motorbike insurance firm - one i thought i was going for was in customer service (which i've years of experience in), one i ended up interviewing for was in sales, which i don't want to do at all really. both pretty crummy, but the former would have done me for a few months at least. looks like a really good company to work for as well, annoying.

oh well, it's interview experience, first one since i was 16 so it's not all bad. hopefully got another one later in the week.

Archived