The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Seriously, all the other teams have gone spin mad, put we're stuck with a load of pace...so I reckon we focus on that. Slap as much as we can on the quickes and have at least one decent spinner for the away games...?

I'm tempted not to bother trying to keep things even. Put most points on 11 or 12 key players and hope they don't get injured....

any thoughts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup. Think I won't be getting many games. icon_frown.gif

I'll just have to shine in the ones I get. Can do that. Can't I, skip ? icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

I can't get over how soft Vidic's voice is. Not your usual Eastern European tone of voice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uhm... only the russians have a "rough" voice (russians, ukraine and usually members of the former soviet block as in ex-USSR). Vidic is something completely different, he is from the balkans, balkan people don't really have rough voices.

Do greek have a rough voice in your oppinion?

Instead what i am surprised of is that he is not hot-tempered.

Traditionally people from Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia, Romania, Albania, Macedonia, Bulgaria are hot-tempered.

With the serbs and croats deserving a special note (at serb weddings, back in the day, they used to shoot their guns in celebration, don't know if they still do it).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

nothing particularly impressive, just customer service rubbish for this motorcycle insurance firm in Altrincham. should hopefully enable me to get my ST, make my CV look a bit less rubbish and then i can find something better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nick - how are you getting to alty with the trams being down soon? (congrats btw) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

was thinking about that the other day, i've really got no idea. train to Navigation Road from somewhere i guess, buggered if i know where atm. either that or the bus if there's a feasible one. it's not the best timing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was hoping to get a job for the summer in town, but as I'll be back in Stretford the trams being gone will cause me real problems. Probably just sit on my arse all summer now.

right, this CD:

Come On You Reds

Move Move Move

Glory Glory

Chelsea Dagger

500 Miles

This Is The One

I Am The Resurrection

Simply The Best

We Are The Champions

United Calypso

Dirty Old Town

Country Roads

Love Will Tear Us Apart

This Is How It Feels

Lily The Pink

any others? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seasons in the sun.

Sloop John B.

You are my sunshine.

?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dips:

A rumour on a Spurs forum is that you've offered Richardson and some cash for Defoe but it's been turned down, though you haven't been told that Defoe's not for sale. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll cry my ****ing eyes out if we sign him. Why the **** is this lad who isnt even good enough to hold down a first 11 spot with Spurs wanted by bigger clubs?

He has zero footballing brain, is probably the greediest footballer in them prem who goes out of his way to shoot no matter what the angle or how better placed a team mate is.

I look at the guy and i look at attributes he has and wonder what he could bring to a club like ours and i see nothing.

Keep Richardson please. When Mido wanted a contract Defoe was fourth choice at Spurs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SO true. Not a 'team player' and he's nowhere near good enough to get away with being as selfish as he is, and he can't even get into the first xi at spurs? It's mind boggling that we're interested in him at all.

I'd rather stick with Richardson.

That was crap. I'm sorry but i'm sick to death of us not playing our way against top sides because lets be honest we get nowhere everytime.

Gutting to lose, especially when we were on top. Honestly think if VDS doesnt hesitate he saves it instead of Drogba scoring.

Thought Rooney was good until he got in front of goal. Scholes some fantastic passing, Fletch saving Wes a million times as Cole and Robben went past him for fun. Yeah thats about it.

Giggs is ****ing ****. How the **** he gets away with I do not know. I wouldn't mind if it was every now & again but it isn't. For the second half of the stadium he had been consistently poor & yet people only pick up on the odd good game he has (Roma home etc).

I thought Vidic was amazing against Drogba & Rooney ran & ran. Scholes can only play so many defence splitting passes & you would have thought we could have converted one of them.

For some reason I am not even remotely gutted. Maybe it's cos it was such a **** game.

Glad I didn't go all that way & pay all that money now icon14.gif

One of those tight/boring/**** games where we never play well or aren't allowed to play well. Air of inevitability about the result.

Both teams so negative, it's a shame for a cup final. Really didn't enjoy watching that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Stuck out on the left while Giggs ****ed about on the right iirc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not that it matters anyway, it's been a long season and he'll be better next season (HOPEFULLY)

MoM: Scholes

Runner-up: Rooney (except his fookin finishing)

AFFG: Meh, whatever.

Giggs utter pants, Rooney's finishing/first touch dire (but the rest of his play was immense today), Fergie for the millionth time not trusting the players and that's that.

Personally if i would be in the team right now i would be gutted with Fergie because what he has been doing against the top teams and in Europe away CLEARLY show he does not have any faith in the players whatsoever.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Giggs is ****ing ****. How the **** he gets away with I do not know. I wouldn't mind if it was every now & again but it isn't. For the second half of the stadium he had been consistently poor & yet people only pick up on the odd good game he has (Roma home etc).

I thought Vidic was amazing against Drogba & Rooney ran & ran. Scholes can only play so many defence splitting passes & you would have thought we could have converted one of them.

For some reason I am not even remotely gutted. Maybe it's cos it was such a **** game.

Glad I didn't go all that way & pay all that money now icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't you dare criticise ryan, he's been brilliant for the last eleventy billion years icon_mad.gif

Haven't read the thread much recently, been glancing at it more than anything.

Has anybody brought up the fact that in the 56/57 season, we won the League, lost in the Semis of the European Cup and lost in the Cup final?

Quite bizarre really. I know the 50 years thing was mainly for the 55/56 season but is also being carried on for the 56/57 season too.

We should have seen it coming icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Haven't read the thread much recently, been glancing at it more than anything.

Has anybody brought up the fact that in the 56/57 season, we won the League, lost in the Semis of the European Cup and lost in the Cup final?

Quite bizarre really. I know the 50 years thing was mainly for the 55/56 season but is also being carried on for the 56/57 season too.

We should have seen it coming icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bleah i hate these coincidences. The most i hate though is the Liverpool and The Pope one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

and its only going to get worse on wednesday </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What? Come on.. Surely you can see that Milan's going to do the job they should have done two years ago in wednesday?

No chance for the scousers really.

An eventful day. Parked in Dollis Hill, Nick was right about the resident parking but I didn't know we were meeting my uncle who sorted us out in a non-resident place. Drank in Dollis Hill till 2 then got the tube to Wembley Park where it kicked off. When we got on the tube about 6-7 proper Chelsea "boys" were on it giving it the "we hate man u!" Then a group of United who had just come on the tube came into the same carrage and started singing United songs. Within a couple of minutes, punchs and bottles were thrown with a poor disable lad in the middle of it crying. When the tube stopped at Neasden, more United turned up and Chelsea ****ed off.

As for the stadium I didn't think it was "utterly amazing" or anything, the facilities weren't that good, at half-time I went for a **** and everybody was in the ladies toilets ****ing on the walls and in the sinks because there were loads of female toilets and hardly any male. The walk we had to do get to the concourse was tiring, seemed to go on forever just like getting to NT3.

The atmosphere was great in the top tier, everybody standing and singing for 90minutes. I didn't know there were Chelsea fans there until they scored.

The game was ****, Giggs was ****, the formation was **** - enough said.

What a joke of a day. I actually kept track of Giggs today - 6:1 was his ratio of silly little flicks attempted to those which came off. Should've started Smudger ahead of him. Referee was an absolute farce; refusing to so much as reprimand any Chelsea players til stoppage time in extra time when we need play to carry on. Blows up late for a foul and brings play back 20 yards when we're 3 vs. 4; and on three seperate occaisions indicates that he's seen Mikel kick on of our lads off the ball, only to take no action. Then has the nerve to give a BS non-free kick for Smudgers perfect tackle on Mikel after getting a kick himself, and lo and behold, the dirty cunner is involved in the buildup for the goal from the resulting free kick. Absolute joke. So many times this season we've been subject to ludicrous officiating, and all in all it's not really cost us, and then today we get this clown Bennett. Really wouldn't've been overly fussed if we went out there, played our hearts out and lost fairly. But to go out there as tentative as we were - though that said, we were a feck sight more willing than them for the better part of the match - Cole and Robben for about 15 minutes til Dazzle latched onto him aside, all they did was knock it around their back four before launching a ball at Drogba which more often than not went out of play. Then to have a goal that, while it is feasible that the ref could have some trouble giving it, could have stood, and then to lost it to that crap, just makes me sick. Same way as I felt after the League Cup semi a couple of years ago, after Duff 'scored' that indirect free kick.

Still, ultimately, we've got our trophy back. The rent boys can have their pots.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

An eventful day. Parked in Dollis Hill, Nick was right about the resident parking but I didn't know we were meeting my uncle who sorted us out in a non-resident place. Drank in Dollis Hill till 2 then got the tube to Wembley Park where it kicked off. When we got on the tube about 6-7 proper Chelsea "boys" were on it giving it the "we hate man u!" Then a group of United who had just come on the tube came into the same carrage and started singing United songs. Within a couple of minutes, punchs and bottles were thrown with a poor disable lad in the middle of it crying. When the tube stopped at Neasden, more United turned up and Chelsea ****ed off.

As for the stadium I didn't think it was "utterly amazing" or anything, the facilities weren't that good, at half-time I went for a **** and everybody was in the ladies toilets ****ing on the walls and in the sinks because there were loads of female toilets and hardly any male. The walk we had to do get to the concourse was tiring, seemed to go on forever just like getting to NT3.

The atmosphere was great in the top tier, everybody standing and singing for 90minutes. I didn't know there were Chelsea fans there until they scored.

The game was ****, Giggs was ****, the formation was **** - enough said. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This post can be safely condensed into; I am a twat. By Westandred.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

fo giggs, fergie and quieroz. admit we were ****ing awful and stop making ****ing excuses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some actual ****ing admittance that United werent great. Plus not blaming it on the referee somehow = wp.

The teams passing was utter *****, but everytime they put something together it would get pulled up by the ref on some ridiculous decision (we had 3 on 2 once and he pulled it back for a united free kick. Madness). Plus the whole goal not given fiasco.

Fletcher was useless, he's like Carrick except Carrick actually helps in defence and sometimes attack, Fletcher just sits in the middle doing nothing.

Chelsea scored their goal after the ref pulls up Smith even though he cleanly got the ball (perfect slide tackle).

Our set pieces were utter crap. We made maybe one chance out of all of them, mainly because Giggs forgot how to hit a corner properly.

It's strange, the way we played you could easily say we did not deserve to win, but then you have the various incidents and reffing, and you could say we did deserve to win, or maybe just lose on pens.

what a crap day, wisdom teeth pain aside (had more painkillers than anyone ever), couldn't sing/chant as it hurt way too much, couldn't drink on painkillers either. ground SO average, not impressive at all, kudos to the fa for club wembley killing off any decent atmosphere, it's all the ground is about tbh.

came out after FT and bagpuss decided to walk us through a industrial estate, got to tesco, had something to eat, hurt to eat, then decided that we'd gone the wrong way and we had to walk through a load of open top buses with chelsea fans on them.

worst away of the season imo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> MANCHESTER UNITED are plotting a £12million swoop for Ajax goal sensation Klaas Jan Huntelaar.

United have requested FIVE tickets for today's play-off game against AZ Alkmaar.

And sources claim Red Devils boss Alex Ferguson and his brother Martin will be part of the scouting party who will take a look at the 23-year-old.

Ajax have all but resigned themselves to losing Huntelaar, top scorer in Holland this season with 37 goals.

Meanwhile, Fergie is also tracking Porto wing whizz Anderson, 19.

The Brazil-born winger has been in brilliant form this term.since his recent return from injury.

Martin Ferguson, , was in Portugal last weekend watching Anderson in action in Portuguese league leaders Porto's 1-1 draw at Pacos de Ferreira. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/sport/sport5.shtml

why on earth do you let ronaldo take your freekicks?

and I'm not having a dig here, but do you think ronaldo can be quiet / under perform in big games? I know chelsea doubled up on him and stuff, but I can't recall (off the top of my head) him really shining in a big game.

he was quiet in milan too (although I guess you were all ****). but it just seems that if you look at someone like kaka, he was massively influential in milan but also at old trafford, whereas ronaldo was comparatively quiet.

He was outstanding against Roma though Matt.

He was quiet in the game yesterday and against Milan. But as you say, he had players doubling up on him with regularity.

The Top attacking players are always likely to find it more difficult against a top defensive player and vice versa.

Just because a top attacking player struggles to make an impact on occassion against a top defender or a top defender gets to made like an idiot against a top attacking player, it doesnt make them bad players.

What should happen, if they're top players is to go back, look at the video, figure out what caused them to have the problems and try and learn from it.

Kaka is 3 years older than Cristiano, has more experience and probably came up against similar problems himself as a younger player.

Archived