The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dutch Dave:

So Van der Sar is going to be replaced?

I thought he had a decent season?

I wouldn't mind him coming back to Holland, although we have a good Stekelenburg currently at Ajax, and he's just 24 years old. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He had some shaky moments in the second half of the season. I'd hope if Foster is going to be number 1 we could hang on to him as backup for a year, as it would obviously be a gamble to rely on someone as young as Foster, and Kuszczak isn't really up to being more than backup if Foster was a failure.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Has Beatty sorted out our pitch for the cricket yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Going with Jamaica and you as our all-star spinner, I believe?

Immaterial in my eyes - as the standout strokeplaying batsman I will prosper on any surface icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Has Beatty sorted out our pitch for the cricket yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Going with Jamaica and you as our all-star spinner, I believe?

Immaterial in my eyes - as the standout strokeplaying batsman I will prosper on any surface icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt it, we have spinners who also know one end of the bat from the other icon_frown.gif

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight lads, season over, moping after saturday mostly over, time for our annual awards SPECTACULAR

you all (mostly) know the drill - categories are below, please try and vote in all categories and by all means give reasons. once you've deliberated, cogitated, masticated etc, email your votes to unitedawards2007@gmail.com, making sure your OTF username is present in the email somewhere, preferably in the subject line. voting will be provisionally open until the weekend, but if we can get everyone's votes in sooner then all the better.

United Thread Player of the Year:

Young Player of the Year:

Reserve Player of the Year:

Worst Player of the Year:

Most Improved Player:

Most Disappointing Player:

Best Team Performance:

Best Individual Performance:

Worst Team Performance:

Favourite Moment:

Worst Moment:

Biggest Disappointment:

Funniest Moment:

Goal of the Season:

Favourite Game:

Best Decision:

Worst Decision:

Best Chant/Song:

Best Away Fans:

Worst Away Fans:

Best Away Trip:

3 Players to Sign:

3 Players to Go:

Most Looking Forward to Next Year:

United Thread User of the Year:

United Thread Worst User:

United Thread Most Improved User:

Opposition fan we don't really mind contributing that much:

Opposition fan about as welcome as Kieran Richardson in a starting XI:

few clarifications:

* young player is for those aged 21 and under (for the first time in years it won't be ronaldo vs rooney) and is for players who have been at the club this season (i.e. no loanees, sorry Taz).

* worst player is for the outright worst player, whereas most disappointing player is for the player who has fallen below his usual standards.

* worst moment is for an individual moment in time that was particularly awful (a late goal conceded etc), biggest disappointment is more general.

* best/worst decision can be interpreted as you wish - a managerial decision, a club decision, a refereeing decision etc

* 3 players to sign = the three players you'd most like us to bring in. realism is desirable. 3 players to go is obviously the three you want to see shipped out.

right, that's it. go vote

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">young player is for those aged 21 and under </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I take it that's 21 now? Or who were 21 at some point during the season?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

vurted </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We haven't established whether it's just United fans yet. Hold your Wycombe supporting horses.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

erm, dunno really, wouldn't mind sensible non-united fans voting but it's how to separate the wheat from the scouse really </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should keep it to United fans really. No offense to aj, there's plenty of non United folk who would vote sensibly but a) even then they won't have seen anything like as much of us, and b) for every sensible vote there'll be more than one set of Polack style "comedy" votes to filter out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

We haven't established whether it's just United fans yet. Hold your Wycombe supporting horses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that's the decision made right there. No Cardiff or Bristol fans either icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

21 now, yeah

didn't think that through if i'm honest icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't that leave Keiron Lee and Chris eagles as the only players who qualify who've played a league game?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

put all the scouse mongery to one side and remember franny 'the glazers are great, but I'm going to run away to avoid specific questions' cole.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

put all the scouse mongery to one side and remember franny 'the glazers are great, but I'm going to run away to avoid specific questions' cole. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't beat king **** though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Wayne Mark Rooney (born 24 October 1985 in Liverpool) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So 21 until the start of next season. Isn't nick supposed to be our Man Utd researcher and know these types of things?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

right, so if it's a straight choice between rooney and eagles is there any point in having it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. If you up the age to get any more competition, you get Ronaldo again and it's still no contest.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

surely if Ronaldo was 21 at the start of the season (and he was) then he is eligible? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check the previous page Alex

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">'the glazers are great, but I'm going to run away to avoid specific questions' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Harsh icon_frown.gif

I thought I answered all your questions.

Anyway you know I'm just bitter because you have won the premiership, and we got in debt and are in League One icon_frown.gif

I'll stop it if its really annoying you icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

surely if Ronaldo was 21 at the start of the season (and he was) then he is eligible? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check the previous page Alex </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just did, surely that's a bit unfair? even if we only took Ronaldo's appearances when he was 21 into account he'll probably still win icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LibLibertine:

What about us United fans who rarely post in this thread? Are we still allowed to vote on the awards? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

of course

21 now, yeah

didn't think that through if i'm honest icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't that leave Keiron Lee and Chris eagles as the only players who qualify who've played a league game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they don't have to have played a league game. Craig Cathcart won the club's young player of the year award this year.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

no

GOD

It's not like these are privileged awards or anything they're just crapp.....I mean, they're great nick xxx </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif

it is a privilege icon_mad.gif it's just a united fans privilege.

sorry sensible non-reds. scousers ruining it for you again la, how familiar.

oh and do we have a roll of honour from previous seasons anywhere? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i've gone through the old threads and collated all that, it will form a part of the buildup to the illustrious awards ceremony itself.

don't suppose you still have the results for the ones you did in 2004 do you?

We haven't established whether it's just United fans yet. Hold your Wycombe supporting horses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that's the decision made right there. No Cardiff or Bristol fans either icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Swiping at me and Marshy icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The definitely going to be joining Manchester United, no doubt about it, cos the papers say so list

Anderson - Porto (Daily Mail)

Alfonso Alves - Heerenveen (Mirror)

Mikel Arteta - Everton (Guardian)

Gareth Bale - Southampton (Mirror)

Dimitar Berbatov - Spurs (Guardian)

Jermain Defoe - Spurs (Guardian)

Samuel Eto'o - Barca (Daily Mail)

Craig Gordon - Hearts (BBC)

Eidur Gudjohnsen - Barca (NOTW)

Owen Hargreaves - Bayern Munich (Times)

Klaas Jan Huntelaar - Ajax (Guardian)

Aaron Lennon - Spurs (Mirror)

Jean Makoun - Lille (L'Equipe)

Florent Malouda - Lyon (Sky Sports)

Rio Mavuba - Bordeaux (Mirror)

Benni McCarthy - Blackburn (NOTW)

Youssouf Mulumbu - PSG (Youssouf Mulumbu)

Nani - Sporting Lisbon (Guardian)

Michael Owen - Newcastle (Various + BBC)

Nathan Porritt - Middlesbrough (Times)

Franck Ribery - Marseille (Himself via Sky)

Micah Richards - Manchester City (Mirror)

Steve Sidwell - Reading (Mirror)

Carlos Tevez - West Ham (Star, Mirror)

Fernando Torres - Atletico Madrid (Mirror)

Mark Viduka - Middlesbrough (Super soaraway sun)

Running Total: 26

Predicted Final Total

Irish – 170

James07? – 112

bling – 102

pjburrage – 99

WSR – 95

theis – 92

alilaw – 89

Nezell – 87

14AlanSmithifb – 85

Hero of the day – 83