The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

21 now, yeah

didn't think that through if i'm honest icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't that leave Keiron Lee and Chris eagles as the only players who qualify who've played a league game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they don't have to have played a league game. Craig Cathcart won the club's young player of the year award this year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They don't, but i'm thinking realistically how many users could vote for that. Especially given there's also a reserve player of the year, which is going to be polled from a very similar group of players.

I don't have any particular objection to it being in, by the way.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

vurted </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We haven't established whether it's just United fans yet. Hold your Wycombe supporting horses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that's the decision made right there. No Cardiff or Bristol fans either icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Swiping at me and Marshy icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know, you pick two random clubs, and peoples paranoia takes over.

I havent bothered reading that Ronaldo article gonch posted. i was in two minds but skipping down the page i saw the bit about Ronaldo stepping up to the plate like Gerrard did against West Ham. do these people engage the brain before writing and whoever let it get in the paper wants shooting.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

I hereby accept the award for united thread user of the year. It's been a good year for us all and I know I've been pretty much fb all the way throughout the season. I'm smart, witty and hilarious in all honesty.

Anyway, thanks lads. It means alot to know I'm better than alot of you.

*lifts trophy high* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was disappointed there was no 'user who's fallen off the hardest', as you were my first choice for that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

I hereby accept the award for united thread user of the year. It's been a good year for us all and I know I've been pretty much fb all the way throughout the season. I'm smart, witty and hilarious in all honesty.

I was disappointed there was no 'user who's fallen off the hardest', as you were my first choice for that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The one award i would have had a shot at this year icon_frown.gif

theis icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe not fallen off, but more stagnated. Last year you had such great potential whereas this year, i don't know, you've struggled to move on. Maybe its just a blip in form a little like Rooney's season. Maybe its a Kieron Richardson type progression. Who knows.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

I was disappointed there was no 'user who's fallen off the hardest', as you were my first choice for that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The one award i would have had a shot at this year icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The flurry of posts to argue with me was heartwarming, cheers icon_mad.gif

Okay, so I’ve been out of action since prior to the West Ham game since I suffered quite a bad head injury playing 5-a-side (no need for sympathy since while you lot were busy enjoying the sight of us lifting the trophy I was out of my tree in A & E…) so I’ve just been catching up and here’s my two cents about what’s gone on recently, and its all bullet points since I’m not in good enough condition to write a tome about anything so some/all of you should be happy with that…

- vs. West Ham: MOM – have to guess from the highlights but 1 & 2 seemed to be Rooney and Gabby. AFFG – wasn’t VDS IMO but the lacklustre pre-cup final-lets not get injured tackling of the defence in general but in the final seconds Wes Brown.

- Never mind the defeat, CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- VDS still > Foster for me.

- Richardson still out ASAP please.

- End of season thread awards YAY!!!

- wmarkgs about Carrick/Parker/Hargreaves.

- Congrats to Nick on his long awaited employment. Long may it last.

- FA Cup Final vs. Chelsea: MOM #1 Rooney, #2 Vidic. Honourable mention, Sir Paul Scholes. AFFG: Rio for losing Drogba even though there was a general lets all be slack at that moment inc Gabby giving Lampard too much space and Vidic generally looking out of position. Gutted but what can you do? Anyway, never mind. Why? CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Lets get signing The Harg out the way ASAP please. Can’t be bothered with it dragging on any longer.

Finally, c’mon Milan, just diddle the Scouse something silly would you please?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Okay, so I’ve been out of action since prior to the West Ham game since I suffered quite a bad head injury playing 5-a-side (no need for sympathy since while you lot were busy enjoying the sight of us lifting the trophy I was out of my tree in A & E…) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

harsh icon_frown.gif did you have a ticket?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Congrats to Nick on his long awaited employment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

eh? who's took him on? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Gazz, are you the same Gazz22 that posts on RI? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah.

Also just looking at Alvaro Recoba he is out of contract at the end of the season. He's only 30 perhaps a cheeky bid for him?

Rotating him and Giggs would be sweet - He would be an awesome player for 2 years at least giving us more time and saving us money to buy Nani or whoever in a couple of years?

enjoy icon_cool.gif

don't think we're getting Fabio and Rafael this summer btw. know that Times article said otherwise but it also mistakenly said they were joining this summer when they turned 18. they turn 18 NEXT summer. Fabio's nothing like Gaby either from what i've heard. Juan Pablo Sorin is the comparison i keep seeing made.

big no to Recoba as well btw. MGP a way down my list as well too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cantonarv:

Also just looking at Alvaro Recoba he is out of contract at the end of the season. He's only 30 perhaps a cheeky bid for him?

Rotating him and Giggs would be sweet - He would be an awesome player for 2 years at least giving us more time and saving us money to buy Nani or whoever in a couple of years? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

recoba is rubbish. so, so, so much talent, but an utterly abusmal attitude.

Having just got to the end though, I am slightly angered by Martin Tyler's complete lack of excitement at any of the key points he's commentating on. Ronnie's goal against Fulham, Scholesy's belter against Villa and, strangest of all, his utter monotony and lack of emotion when watching us come from 2 down against Everton to lead 3-2 and effectively win the championship.

I used to think he was a really good commentator, but that's just shyte really.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

another bloomin' full back </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We were saying that at the start of this season & we still ran out of defenders towards the tail end icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dips:

What did they say about Lennon in The Mirror today? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was literally just a "ferguson is also keen on aaron lennon as a long term replacement for giggs" at the end of an owen hardgreaves article.

enjoy icon_cool.gif

don't think we're getting Fabio and Rafael this summer btw. know that Times article said otherwise but it also mistakenly said they were joining this summer when they turned 18. they turn 18 NEXT summer. Fabio's nothing like Gaby either from what i've heard. Juan Pablo Sorin is the comparison i keep seeing made.

big no to Recoba as well btw. MGP a way down my list as well too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scholes' Milan flick and Scholes' goal against Blackburn should have been there.

They are an absolute must for any "best of" compilation for this season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Having just got to the end though, I am slightly angered by Martin Tyler's complete lack of excitement at any of the key points he's commentating on. Ronnie's goal against Fulham, Scholesy's belter against Villa and, strangest of all, his utter monotony and lack of emotion when watching us come from 2 down against Everton to lead 3-2 and effectively win the championship.

I used to think he was a really good commentator, but that's just shyte really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I made a similar comment/note after the 4-2 Everton game ... if you listen to him there he actually sounds depressed we've come back to win. In the same game he was screaming rather loudly for both Everton goals iirc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Favourite Moment: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

does this have to be an onfield event? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no, not at all

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Originally posted by alilaw:

Having just got to the end though, I am slightly angered by Martin Tyler's complete lack of excitement at any of the key points he's commentating on. Ronnie's goal against Fulham, Scholesy's belter against Villa and, strangest of all, his utter monotony and lack of emotion when watching us come from 2 down against Everton to lead 3-2 and effectively win the championship. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yet he breaks into fits of orgasmic joy whenever arsenal or stevie gerrard so much as look at a football.

Just watched a video and been reminded of something that really ****ed me off. How come when ferdinand boots the ball into the crowd, he's public enemy number one even though he apologises, but when Drogba does it in the cup final he's given credit simply because he apologises?

Archived