The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

I think when Kuyt scored I lost a couple of years off my life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i actually got punched. comeback from my celebration of inzaghi's second. the sawyers' got a bit tasty

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wheres the "who caved this shop keepers head in with a paving slab?"

It's just so awesome after all the crap we took after getting beaten by Milan & then get lambasted for playing a crap FA cup final. The scousers go & get beaten by the exact same team we did in the exact same manner as we did at the cup final.

We actually have an awesome season to look back on where we actually won something, whilst after all their taunting about us losing in both cups they have ended up winning nothing (that pre-season dinner plate aside).

Gotta love Nick & Martin monging out in the scouse thread though icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

haha decided to watch it and it was fbbb, neighbours came round to round as i went mental when inzagis second went in.

fbbbb, ta meelan. no penos for liverpool :****( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mum came upstairs & told me the score at halftime even though I specifically told everyone not to tell me. Couldn't resist watching the second half. I turned my TV on during the half time analysis just as the ball hits Inzaghi on the shoulder to deflect in icon_biggrin.gif

Tonight is so ****ing sweet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I can't use booze as an excuse, sober as a judge me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you've got no gear between "sober" and "asleep", so that's no surprise.

i got beer practically poured down my throat tonight. i think my comrades found it amusing that i was getting physically threatened before i had a pint in me (due to my milan shirt ofc) and decided to make things even more fun. was actually at the bar when the second inzaghi goal went in, at that point i feared for my life. great fun tbf

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zaitsev:

Fancy some mass non-subtle ribbing chaps? icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

think i've gone too far already tbf. go for it though

So what is everyone doing on this most wonderful of days.

Was quite nice waking up & remembering what happened the night before (in a good way for a change) icon_biggrin.gif

Gonna go get my hair cut & hopefully pick my phone up if it's fixed.

Today is a good day.

so, in hindsight, did the best thing that possibly could have happened happen?

or does part of you, however small, wish it was us there last night against the scousers?

i think i prob prefer how it turned out but you never know, maybe we could have taken them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

so, in hindsight, did the best thing that possibly could have happened happen?

or does part of you, however small, wish it was us there last night against the scousers?

i think i prob prefer how it turned out but you never know, maybe we could have taken them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We could've taken them but there is always the possibility of them winning which just isn't worth the hassle.

I don't think I could've coped if it was us v them last night. I was nervous as it was.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Someone in UWS put it perfectly. Was it really worth the risk of having the worst night of our lives to possibly have the greatest? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in order to really live you must be prepared to die. or something.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> BRYAN ROBSON wants to raid former club Manchester United to make Kieran Richardson his first signing as Sheffield United boss.

Robbo has drawn up a list of summer targets as he sets about the task of strengthening the Blades.

The ex-Old Trafford legend could have up to £10million at his disposal if the Blades decide to cash in on Phil Jagielka and Michael Tonge. Robson, who took over from Neil Warnock this week, has put England international Richardson on top of his wanted list.

Advertisement

Robson is a big fan of the 22-year-old and signed him on-loan during his time as West Brom boss. Richardson's arrival helped him inspire the Baggies to a sensational last-day escape from the Premiership drop in 2005.

Richardson has struggled to hold down a regular starting place in Sir Alex Ferguson's side and United could be tempted to sell him if Robson makes a bid of around £3m.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How happy is everyone? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> BRYAN ROBSON wants to raid former club Manchester United to make Kieran Richardson his first signing as Sheffield United boss.

Robbo has drawn up a list of summer targets as he sets about the task of strengthening the Blades.

The ex-Old Trafford legend could have up to £10million at his disposal if the Blades decide to cash in on Phil Jagielka and Michael Tonge. Robson, who took over from Neil Warnock this week, has put England international Richardson on top of his wanted list.

Advertisement

Robson is a big fan of the 22-year-old and signed him on-loan during his time as West Brom boss. Richardson's arrival helped him inspire the Baggies to a sensational last-day escape from the Premiership drop in 2005.

Richardson has struggled to hold down a regular starting place in Sir Alex Ferguson's side and United could be tempted to sell him if Robson makes a bid of around £3m.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How happy is everyone? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there's one letter too many in that quote. Who can spot what it is?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Patrice Evra

Where to start with Patrice Evra? The revelation that he has 23 siblings prompted sceptical sub-editors all over the country to actually do some work for once. The news that Patrice's wife is called Patricia raised smiles too.

But Evra really came to the attention of the nation's more childish football fans when a video emerged of him gallivanting around his bedroom in the aftermath of Monaco's Champions League semi-final win over Chelsea before, in the words of the Daily Mirror, 'he pretends to fall over, then sprints halfnaked to his hotel room's balcony and screams: "Motherf**k, Hasselbaink!" and "suck my pussy, Lampard!"'

Some context is needed: a nasty challenge from Hasselbaink just minutes into the game had left a huge gash in Evra's leg and the trainer signalling for a substitution. He was persuaded to change his mind. "I told him I'd punch him in the face if he made me go off," recalled Evra, speaking after being voted into this season's PFA Team of the Year. "I knew it was a bit mad, but I just had to play, even though my foot felt like it was hanging off. I apologised afterwards."

And from there, he's just gone from strength to strength. The revelation that he asked Gary Neville for the location of the nearest church on his first day at ManYoo - "So I can thank God for letting me join the biggest club in the world" was funny even to people who would normally erupt in rage at the suggestion United are any such thing.

But even that was overshadowed by the Frenchman informing the press that he tells Cristiano Ronaldo before training every day: "If you do your stepovers on me I will kill you. I will break your legs and rip up your shirt. I am not here for you to take the mickey out of me."

No, Evra's media appearances don't have the shock value of, say, Joey Barton. But they are increasingly bizarre and - most importantly, always funny.

Indeed, The Sun's pre-Cup final story that a career in football had saved Evra from his days of juvenile delinquency on the streets of Paris - "It's true that, at 16, I was almost sent back to my uncle in Senegal. I stole things, I got into fights and even asked for money at the door of the bread shop" - felt like a bit of an anti-climax. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

from football365, but still good. what a hero icon_cool.gif

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But even that was overshadowed by the Frenchman informing the press that he tells Cristiano Ronaldo before training every day: "If you do your stepovers on me I will kill you. I will break your legs and rip up your shirt. I am not here for you to take the mickey out of me." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair play young man! Gone up in my estimations by a long way! icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

ouch. head hurts.

Hargreaves at Carrington this morning apparently, good stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would that be for stuff with us, or for stuff with England though?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Advertisement

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How happy is everyone? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't really see big head Richardson dropping down to the Championship

Have a terrible feeling that he won't get sold, and he will end up as the new winger we desparately need.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

ouch. head hurts.

Hargreaves at Carrington this morning apparently, good stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would that be for stuff with us, or for stuff with England though? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

us. he was excused from england training.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I would LOVE to invite Patrice to a shindig. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And Patricia?

Archived