The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

actually. England probably arent going to use Carrington at all now are they with moving back down south? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dunno, this game is in Burnley so they might be. looked like Carrington when they showed clips of training earlier but they never officially said. regardless, McClaren let him miss training today.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Two Liverpool fans have been injured after 50 supporters fought for a single hub cap in Athens.

Thousands of fans are in Athens

Police in Greece said around 100 drunken fans became embroiled in the row.

The two men were treated in hospital.

With Athens city centre now a sea of Red, the fight highlights what has become a source of anger among the thousands of Liverpool fans in the Greek capital.

There has been just 17 decent hub caps worth nicking by Liverpool supporters, with AC Milan getting none.

But 10 of those will go to corporate ticket holders. Rumours that Milan have handed back 4 hub caps are untrue, says Transport for Athens

British police say there will be 25,000 shop lifters in Athens tonight - but the club says the figure is more likely to be 40,000. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Latest 'mock the Scousers' e-mail sent to me \o/ A day late by the looks of things, but meh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight lads, season over, moping after saturday mostly over, time for our annual awards SPECTACULAR

you all (mostly) know the drill - categories are below, please try and vote in all categories and by all means give reasons. once you've deliberated, cogitated, masticated etc, email your votes to unitedawards2007@gmail.com, making sure your OTF username is present in the email somewhere, preferably in the subject line. voting will be provisionally open until the weekend, but if we can get everyone's votes in sooner then all the better.

United Thread Player of the Year:

Young Player of the Year:

Reserve Player of the Year:

Worst Player of the Year:

Most Improved Player:

Most Disappointing Player:

Best Team Performance:

Best Individual Performance:

Worst Team Performance:

Favourite Moment:

Worst Moment:

Biggest Disappointment:

Funniest Moment:

Goal of the Season:

Favourite Game:

Best Decision:

Worst Decision:

Best Chant/Song:

Best Away Fans:

Worst Away Fans:

Best Away Trip:

3 Players to Sign:

3 Players to Go:

Most Looking Forward to Next Year:

United Thread User of the Year:

United Thread Worst User:

United Thread Most Improved User:

Opposition fan we don't really mind contributing that much:

Opposition fan about as welcome as Kieran Richardson in a starting XI:

few clarifications:

* young player is for those aged 21 and under (for the first time in years it won't be ronaldo vs rooney) and is for players who have been at the club this season (i.e. no loanees, sorry Taz).

* worst player is for the outright worst player, whereas most disappointing player is for the player who has fallen below his usual standards.

* worst moment is for an individual moment in time that was particularly awful (a late goal conceded etc), biggest disappointment is more general.

* best/worst decision can be interpreted as you wish - a managerial decision, a club decision, a refereeing decision etc

* 3 players to sign = the three players you'd most like us to bring in. realism is desirable. 3 players to go is obviously the three you want to see shipped out.

right, that's it. go vote </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

come on you twats, vote

you did indeed bling, you did indeed.

as king of the fantasy league dream team and therefore the most knowledgeable football person in this whole damn thread i will now cast my vote nick, but to clarify - who actually qualifies for young player of the year? is it only eagles and lee?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hargreaves at Carrington this morning apparently, good stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Said earlier in the week to my mates that I reckon he'd be signed before Friday's game, and then unveiled on Saturday/Monday.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">FC United will play away at Studley FC (Nr Redditch, Worcestershire) on Saturday 14th July 2007 in a match organised through The Jimmy Davis Memorial Fund.

The Jimmy Davis Memorial Fund has been set up by Jimmy’s family and Jimmy’s best friend Tim Wilkes, to raise funds in order to help young, up and coming footballers. The main aim of the fund is to support youth football.

Jimmy Davis, a very talented young footballer from Redditch, died in August 2003 at the age of twenty-one. Jimmy signed for Manchester United at the age of 14 and made his debut away at Arsenal in the League Cup on Bonfire Night in 2001. He also represented his country from the age of 15 to under 20’s level. While at Manchester United Jimmy was sent out on loan to Swindon Town and Watford and all these clubs very kindly support the fund.

Each year the Memorial Fund holds a football match for Jimmy’s Memorial Cup, the proceeds of which will go to the charity. FC United are honoured to have been approached by Jimmy’s family to take part in this years Memorial Cup.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any of you lot fancy this, its for a good cause and some of you are based in the Midlands iirc, and I think its too early to clash with any United pre season games

yeah, funniest moment is entirely open to interpretation. can be otf-related, something that happened in a match, something on an away trip, whatever

and you don't have to if you don't want to, no. can leave it blank or just list 1/2 if you like.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight lads, season over, moping after saturday mostly over, time for our annual awards SPECTACULAR

you all (mostly) know the drill - categories are below, please try and vote in all categories and by all means give reasons. once you've deliberated, cogitated, masticated etc, email your votes to unitedawards2007@gmail.com, making sure your OTF username is present in the email somewhere, preferably in the subject line. voting will be provisionally open until the weekend, but if we can get everyone's votes in sooner then all the better.

United Thread Player of the Year:

Young Player of the Year:

Reserve Player of the Year:

Worst Player of the Year:

Most Improved Player:

Most Disappointing Player:

Best Team Performance:

Best Individual Performance:

Worst Team Performance:

Favourite Moment:

Worst Moment:

Biggest Disappointment:

Funniest Moment:

Goal of the Season:

Favourite Game:

Best Decision:

Worst Decision:

Best Chant/Song:

Best Away Fans:

Worst Away Fans:

Best Away Trip:

3 Players to Sign:

3 Players to Go:

Most Looking Forward to Next Year:

United Thread User of the Year:

United Thread Worst User:

United Thread Most Improved User:

Opposition fan we don't really mind contributing that much:

Opposition fan about as welcome as Kieran Richardson in a starting XI:

few clarifications:

* young player is for those aged 21 and under (for the first time in years it won't be ronaldo vs rooney) and is for players who have been at the club this season (i.e. no loanees, sorry Taz).

* worst player is for the outright worst player, whereas most disappointing player is for the player who has fallen below his usual standards.

* worst moment is for an individual moment in time that was particularly awful (a late goal conceded etc), biggest disappointment is more general.

* best/worst decision can be interpreted as you wish - a managerial decision, a club decision, a refereeing decision etc

* 3 players to sign = the three players you'd most like us to bring in. realism is desirable. 3 players to go is obviously the three you want to see shipped out.

right, that's it. go vote </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

come on you twats, vote </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll do it tonight

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deanb291186:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">FC United will play away at Studley FC (Nr Redditch, Worcestershire) on Saturday 14th July 2007 in a match organised through The Jimmy Davis Memorial Fund.

The Jimmy Davis Memorial Fund has been set up by Jimmy’s family and Jimmy’s best friend Tim Wilkes, to raise funds in order to help young, up and coming footballers. The main aim of the fund is to support youth football.

Jimmy Davis, a very talented young footballer from Redditch, died in August 2003 at the age of twenty-one. Jimmy signed for Manchester United at the age of 14 and made his debut away at Arsenal in the League Cup on Bonfire Night in 2001. He also represented his country from the age of 15 to under 20’s level. While at Manchester United Jimmy was sent out on loan to Swindon Town and Watford and all these clubs very kindly support the fund.

Each year the Memorial Fund holds a football match for Jimmy’s Memorial Cup, the proceeds of which will go to the charity. FC United are honoured to have been approached by Jimmy’s family to take part in this years Memorial Cup.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any of you lot fancy this, its for a good cause and some of you are based in the Midlands iirc, and I think its too early to clash with any United pre season games </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if i'm not working that sounds like it could be good icon14.gif

voted.

nick 2 suggestions:

1, i think for next time there should be a 'Favourite Player / Cult Hero of the season Award' of some sort. Patrice Evra would win it hands down for me this year but as it is he isnt mentioned once in my awards.

2, it would be really interesting if we could read what we voted for last season - i cant remember but id love to know some of my opinions with the view of hindsight. im sure others would too, maybe.

just some suggestions, otherwise good job icon_smile.gif

i really like that first suggestion, remind me again this time next year, we'll definitely have that. probably too late to have it now unless people cba to email in again just for that one? don't mind sorting through the extra emails if people want that.

i'll see if i can dig up that stuff for last year. definitely have the results, not sure if i've got all the votes still knocking around somewhere.

if i'm not working that sounds like it could be good icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You just know that's going to be Nick's most used phrase for the next few weeks icon_biggrin.gif

The "how long will NickOGS20 last in his new job" sweepstake

Okay as we all know, Nick starts his new job on Tuesday and has to be there at 9am and Nick and 9am haven't met each other many times in the last couple of years, so predict away lads.

BBB - 5 weeks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Okay as we all know, Nick starts his new job on Tuesday and has to be there at 9am and Nick and 9am haven't met each other many times in the last couple of years, so predict away lads.

BBB - 5 weeks

Gregg Carter - 16 Weeks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

BBB - 5 weeks

Gregg Carter - 16 Weeks

mark g - 25 minutes </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikey G:

so nick have you literally been out of work for like ages? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He hasn't worked since before he left his degree, which is of course why he had to leave his degree. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikey G:

so nick have you literally been out of work for like ages? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bar a few shifts helping out my housemate, i've done sod all for 10 months. ace tbf

I think if he's lasting 5 weeks he'll get into a routine, which means he's there by 9am every morning. I was like him last summer when I didn't get up until 11/12 o'clock. Now I'm working, I'm up by 6am. So I think Nick will work there until he gets another job.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

I think if he's lasting 5 weeks he'll get into a routine, which means he's there by 9am every morning. I was like him last summer when I didn't get up until 11/12 o'clock. Now I'm working, I'm up by 6am. So I think Nick will work there until he gets another job. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My second choice was to say something like 11 years, just to really depress him.

BBB - 5 weeks

Gregg Carter - 16 Weeks

mark g - 25 minutes

theis - 24 hours and 30 minutes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

he will be fine once u get into the routine. my brothers punctuality is awful but he is quite good at his job so he now starts at 11 finishes at 7, u should see if u can get something similar to that tbf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's where your argument falls down tbh Jules.

right, this is lurching dangerously close to shambles territory i'll admit, but some awards business:

a few people have voted for players out on loan in the young player category. in hindsight this should have been allowed from the start really, my bad. obviously i'm sure people have voted for someone when they may have otherwise voted for a loanee, so if you want to change your vote, fling me an email at the awards address and i'll change it (unitedawards2007@gmail.com)

while you're at it, i really like gonch's idea of 'favourite player/cult hero' so if you want to email a vote in that category either on it's own or with the young player amendment, that'd rule. and anyone voting from now on should tack this award on (i'll add it on next time i re-post the voting form)

the OTFUTAC would like to apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your tolerance of such f**kwittery.

Archived