The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

you're the only one that ever mentions klose ever pj, ergo he is ****. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed 4* quality, probably even 5*.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At Fenerbahce he was talking about where he was going to move to after less than 6 months, the same as he has everywhere he's been. The guy is trouble in terms of team spirit, and overrated in terms of ability. He's a good centre forward, but he's never in the ~10 years since Arsenal reached the peaks he did there, and that's driven his reputation.

And after all that, i can't believe that anyone who has pointed out our team spirit this season, and that includes you Nick, can contemplate such an overrated centre forward when they've disrupted and complained in at least 9 out of every 10 dressing rooms they've been in during their whole career. I'd rather stick with Saha knowing he'd only play half a season than get Anelka, and i'm amazed anyone else who's watched our progress since we got rid of the last rotten egg from the dressing room could think otherwise.

right. those starred are yet to vote. anyone not on the list at all hasn't voted as well. let's be having yer:

14AlanSmithifb

ACou2000

alibaster

alilaw

*Bagpuss

BBB

Blaine

*Coldberg

davidbowie

*deanb291186

EmmYouEffSee

*ericcantona7

Gazz22

gonch19

*Gregg Carter

*James07?

*James M

JulesMUFC

*Keyser

LibLibertine

mark g

*matt_e

Mika

Nezell

No Longer Bling

Pickles

pjburrage

player_65

*Razor Eddie

Rcjuk

Red & white army

*RedBlood

Red_Comet

*Ryno

Saha

*Scatter

*SLO_Fila

*snipersdream

Taz & the Devil

theis

titchuk

*vanester

Weststandred

Young Jimlad

i'm intrigued to see who the really obvious person that i've blatantly omitted is going to be.

Hmm

I assume mister fat arse that its you, me and nick going to see Quo in December then.

More to the point what the **** happened to asking before buying via my accounts ffs.

I'll vote tomorrow at some point Nick

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RSB:

Voted </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

knew i'd forgotten one icon_frown.gif

just watching an interview with Kaka on SSN, basically kissing our arse again ("they play like a Brazilian team, not like Liverpool" etc). couldn't be any more blatant that he wants to play for us, make it so Fergie.

Doubt even Chelsea would have enough money to prise him away from Milan. Would love to see him in a United shirt though, maybe next season when Scholes would only be able to make 15 or so appearences a season unless of course we could play him out wide and have a midfield like this:

Ronaldo - Hargreaves - Scoles - Carrick - Kaka

Rooney up front with support from the flanks and a central midfielder bambing forward.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

just watching an interview with Kaka on SSN, basically kissing our arse again ("they play like a Brazilian team, not like Liverpool" etc). couldn't be any more blatant that he wants to play for us, make it so Fergie. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, I'm loving the kid more and more. I do think he could be the perfect replacement for Scholes. He's not a small lad either.

The Mirror are still on about a possible takeover.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> BATTLE TO TAKE OVER CHAMPS By David McDonnell 26/05/2007

INVESTORS are on high alert for a potential £800million takeover of Old Trafford after the revelation that the Glazers are willing to sell Manchester United.

As Mirror Sport exclusively reported yesterday, the Glazer family are ready to listen to bids for the Premiership champions less than three years after completing their controversial takeover.

And that disclosure from within the world's biggest club has seen a flurry of activity in the City, with a number of interested parties ready to make known their interest in United.

The Glazers have embarked on a refinancing package which has seen them make their debt on United more manageable and they can look forward to a huge windfall from the new TV deal.

And with new sponsorship deals involving AIG and Air Asia, added to the significant hike in ticket prices over the last three years, revenue streams would finally appear to be coming close to servicing the club's debts.

But City analysts have revealed the Glazers are not making the returns they envisaged on their investment, and as a result are considering cutting their losses and selling up.

Investment group Delta Two, working on behalf of the Qatar Government, are understood to be in the hunt. Last month they made inquiries about buying ITV's stake in Arsenal, could be interested.

And the Dubai International Capital (DIC), the investment arm of Dubai's government, are likely to be interested after failing in their bid to buy Liverpool this year.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The definitely going to be joining Manchester United, no doubt about it, cos the papers say so list

Anderson - Porto (Daily Mail)

Alfonso Alves - Heerenveen (Mirror)

Mikel Arteta - Everton (Guardian)

Gareth Bale - Southampton (Mirror)

Dimitar Berbatov - Spurs (Guardian)

Jermain Defoe - Spurs (Guardian)

Samuel Eto'o - Barca (Daily Mail)

Craig Gordon - Hearts (BBC)

Eidur Gudjohnsen - Barca (NOTW)

Owen Hargreaves - Bayern Munich (Times)

Klaas Jan Huntelaar - Ajax (Guardian)

Aaron Lennon - Spurs (Mirror)

Jean Makoun - Lille (L'Equipe)

Florent Malouda - Lyon (Sky Sports)

Rio Mavuba - Bordeaux (Mirror)

Benni McCarthy - Blackburn (NOTW)

Youssouf Mulumbu - PSG (Youssouf Mulumbu)

Nani - Sporting Lisbon (Guardian)

Michael Owen - Newcastle (Various + BBC)

Nathan Porritt - Middlesbrough (Times)

Franck Ribery - Marseille (Himself via Sky)

Micah Richards - Manchester City (Mirror)

Steve Sidwell - Reading (Mirror)

Ryan Taylor - Wigan (Manchester Evening News)

Carlos Tevez - West Ham (Star, Mirror)

Fernando Torres - Atletico Madrid (Mirror)

Mark Viduka - Middlesbrough (Super soaraway sun)

Running Total: 27

Predicted Final Total

Irish – 170

James07? – 112

bling – 102

pjburrage – 99

WSR – 95

theis – 92

alilaw – 89

Nezell – 87

14AlanSmithifb – 85

Hero of the day – 83

vanester – 82

T!mbo – 80

BBB – 79

gonch19 – 78

Bagpuss – 77

Rb – 76

Pickles – 74

julesMUFC – 71

ajw2255 – 70

Rcjuk -69

Nick OGS20 – 68

Maverick – 64

davidbowie – 63

Ryno – 62

ACou2000 – 60

Gregg Carter – 59

Jimlad – 56

ericcantona7 – 55

Matt Cavanagh – 54

mark g – 52

keyser – 50

player_65 – 46

SLO_Fila – 43

Taz Devil – 41

Saha – 39

The_Fish – 37

finneys13 – 36

Master Blasta – 32

EmmYouEffSee – 29

<STRIKE>RedBlood – 26</STRIKE>

<STRIKE>qwerty2k – 17</STRIKE>

<STRIKE>Razor Eddie – 16</STRIKE>

<STRIKE>? – 15</STRIKE>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bye bye RedBlood

8 years ago today....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">CT: "Basler motions to the Bayern Munich fans to roar their team home... Salihamidzic can't keep the ball in play, it is a throw-in to Manchester United... We're in the last of the ninety minutes..... What we need now is for the fourth official to hold up a board with about twenty on it."

RA: "Yeah, you just get the impression there's not a lot of extra time is there? There's not been a lot of stoppages. But it's not over til it's over, so they say."

CT: "Babbel... ooh, that's a bit loose... Solskjaer in pursuit... Linke is there. Manchester United have a throw-in, a base camp for the last final assault on the Bayern Munich lead."

RA: "I know he can't get there.. Stam's got to get in there, coming late like he did for the one in the first half."

CT: "Gary Neville wants to take the long throw.... Stam is forward.... Jancker is going back to mark him, belatedly.... Three added minutes.... Neville's long throw.... header by Kouffour.... David Beckham..... now Gary Neville... cross deflected, Effenberg behind for a corner.... Can Manchester United score? They always score."

RA: "The big goalie's coming up!"

CT: "Peter Schmeichel is forward."

RA: "Can he score another in Europe, he's got one in Europe already"

CT: "Beckham... In towards Schmeichel!.... it's come for Dwight Yorke... cleared... Giggs with the shot.. SHERINGHAM!"

CT: "Name on the trophy! Teddy Sheringham, with thirty seconds of added time played, has equalised for Manchester United - they are still in the European Cup."

RA: "How much of that... we've talked about was he at fault for the first goal, the big goalkeeper, but he came up, put that one under pressure.... two mis-hits really, Giggs is a right-footed mis-hit, Sheringham's isn't the cleanest but it's gone in the right place. And the first look is towards the linesman to say "Am I offside?"."

CT: "Oh Teddy Teddy!"

RA: "And by the way, Bayern have taken off, for me, two of their best players, Basler and Matthaus"

CT: "Exraordinary climax in the Nou Camp stadium. Manchester United are level... as things stand, we will go into extra time with a golden goal hanging like a massive shadow over this final, unless Ole Solskjaer can conjure up another."

(Ole wins the corner off Kuffour)

CT: "You have to feel this is their year"

RA: "Must be playing defensive, Schmeichel's not coming up for this one, thinks he's done enough"

CT: "Is this their moment.... Beckham... into Sheringham... AND SOLSKJAER HAS WON IT!!!"

CT: "MANCHESTER UNITED HAVE REACHED THE PROMISED LAND! OLE SOLSKJAER ! The two substitutes have scored the two goals in stoppage time, and the treble looms large!"

RA: "Well the value of Sheringham's headwork... And that's great opportunitism... floating corner, he's hit some great balls... little touch... and there he is, a predator"

CT: "Hasn't been a good European Cup Final for a while"

RA: "By the way, I did tell you he only needed a minute to win it!"

CT: "What must Lothar Matthaus be thinking?.. Well with the greatest respect, who cares?... Now, is that it? Or is there something more. Effenberg... tossed in towards Babbel... cleared by Butt..."

(final whistle \o/)

CT: "History is made. Manchester United are the Champions of Europe again, and nobody will EVER win a European Cup Final more dramatically than this... CHAMPIONS of Europe, CHAMPIONS of England, WINNERS of the FA Cup - everything their hearts desired... Down and out - not a bit of it, they are NEVER out... Memories are made of this, for ever and a day United fans will ask 'Where did you watch the 1999 European Cup final? Where did you see Ole Solskjaer win it with virtually the last kick of the final?'. And fifty thousand will be able to say 'I was there'.... What a party... Alex Ferguson is down on the touchline"

(down to SAF in the tunnel)

GN: "Alex Ferguson, they put you through the mill, into injury time, almost lost the Cup and you win it. The new European champions, the treble, the dream come true for you."

AF: "Oh, I can't believe it. Football eh, bloody hell! But they never give in, and that's what won it. So proud of them"

GN: "I mean, you must have thought it had gone there with just a few seconds left, you send Schmeichel up"

AF: "I didn't send him up, he went up on his own! But anyway, fantastic, so proud of my players"

GN: "Well done Alex, you better get back there and celebrate, fantastic"

(back to Red Clive)

CT: "Thirty-one years on from Bobby's big night out at Wembley, Manchester United become the tenth club to win a second European Cup.... and take their place back at the high table of the European game.... Like or loathe them they are a magnetic name with a magnetic team to match... The entertainers take their bows... a team built to win, but to win with wonder and wizardry - a dream team... Bayern Munich inconsolable - hearts broken.... Alex Ferguson, surely soon to be SIR Alex Ferguson, has realised the dream. Sir Matt Busby's 90th anniversary is marked by a unique United achievement, achieved in a completely unique manner"

CT: "Not everyone is smiling - the bookmakers, it's gonna cost them about ten million pounds. John McCririck will be halfway through his first bottle of bubbly on the strength of that alone... 80/1 to do the treble at the start of the season - it was impossible. Tomorrow they will return to Manchester, to tour the city, a tour which begins in Sale at 6 o'clock, and will finish sometime in August... They're going to need two open-top buses just to fit all the trophies aboard... That could have been a Manchester United fan - five minutes before the end of the game, that WAS the face of a Manchester United fan. But Teddy Sheringham and Ole Solskjaer changed that... It's about two feet tall, that solid sterling silver jug, plated with gold inside - it's as big as the title that goes with it. And it's going back to Old Trafford."

CT: "Unbeaten in 33 games now, one short of another club record... And there is the guiding force... And there is Bobby Charlton, never afraid to show his emotions... oh, it's the tears of '66 again for Bobby. The man who lifted the European Cup for Manchester United at Wembley. The unmistakable face associated with the happiest and the saddest events in the history of the club, and has now succeeded his mentor Matt Busby as the father figure of Old Trafford. One of seven British captains to hold aloft the European Cup - well, it won't be a Brit this time, it will be a Dane."

CT: "Bayern Munich made a massive contribution to the final. But it will take them a long long time to know why, and how, they didn't win it. Lothar Matthaus may never get another chance.... There he is, socks down, last to come up, just ahead of his coach.... Bixente Lizarazu, the Frenchman who missed out through injury.... Matthaus, who has now got his second European Cup losers medal, and he DOESN'T want it."

CT: "Billy McNeil, Bobby Charlton, Emlyn Hughes, John McGovern, Phil Thompson, Dennis Mortimer, Graeme Souness - they all know the experience of lifting the European Cup. So does Beckenbauer, so does Cruyff, so does Baresi - some of the great captains of world football.... Manchester United are ushered forward. Peter Schmeichel's going first - he should be last... He won't be the first goalkeeper to claim the European Cup, I think he's probably the first Dane. The best last line of defence that Manchester United have ever had, will perform his last act as a Manchester United player.... David May... Phil Neville gives it a touch ... Teddy Sheringham - how his Manchester United career has blossomed in the last two weeks... Gary Neville - captain material... the magnificent David Beckham... Ronny Johnsen is next... then Jaap Stam... Sheringham giving it a good look..."

RA: "I think they're having a look - you made a point about the engraving and whether Bayern Munich's name had already been engraved on it. They're having a look to find out whether it has!"

CT: "Schmeichel's going round again. Well he's got to get the trophy this time... All getting their places ready for the photograph, one or two still to collect their medals.... (camera on Sir Bobby) Oh it'll all be rushing back to him now.... This is the moment... Peter Schmeichel must be wondering whether he got a kick on the head mid-season and he's dreaming all this... it's been a long goodbye for Peter Schmeichel, but those giant hands, that have done so much in Manchester United's cause in the last eight years, will now wrap themselves around the handles of the giant trophy which says Manchester United are the Champions of Europe AGAIN" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:********)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

If Hildrebrand is generally as impressive as he was for Stuttgart in the german cup final we should get him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he's already agree a deal with Valencia, so you have no chance of getting him

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Jonny too busy bumming dwarves for gold or whatever you do on that weird game icon_frown.gif

Keith, Alex, you both said you'd vote today, you haven't, DO IT FFS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dwarves are Alliance & I am Horde. Do you know nothing?!

Jonny too busy bumming dwarves for gold or whatever you do on that weird game icon_frown.gif

Keith, Alex, you both said you'd vote today, you haven't, DO IT FFS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i make it 95 mins to go yet today so you can wait

yeah, bagsy not doing that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can i miss some sections please icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I'd nominate Nick but he'll be employed.

ah well we can wait a week </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you can do it when you decide you cba to go in and do all this overtime you've been getting giddy about.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

sadly not dude, will be working every day aside from sunday for the next 6 weeks icon_frown.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, we'll see. you always go 'put my name down for overtime this saturday, will pay for my ST/an away game/a fake world cup off eBay icon_cool.gif', only to pop up on MSN that morning and say 'didn't sleep very well, have told them i'm not coming in icon_frown.gif'

and no keith, vote in everything, gwan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sent skipped a few sections

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

What is this, skiver top trumps? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

says the guy who spends his entire working day on here churning out endless paragraphs we can't be bothered to read when he should be curing the nation's ills icon_mad.gif

Archived