The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Gaby icon_frown.gif

Real Madrid to get even more likeable then. sorry AJ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>as long as you're even considering my feelings in the first place, I've got no problem :*)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Fair enough, i've since had a glance at his latest record and it's impressive. Was basing my comments more on his similarities to Lupoli over here (in terms of movement more than football), didn't realise he'd been doing so well in Italy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would also say Rossi has done better for us than Lupoli did for Arsenal.

They had similar records at reserve level iirc where Rossi averaged a goal a game and tons of assists but i think thats it.

Rossi has started in the prem and played well before. Had a few sub appearences in the same competition and has starts in the F.A Cup as well as the league cup. Hes done well in all competitions for the first team and has averaged around 1 in 3 so far. Not bad considering, especially when the League cup teams were prem sides like Brum and WBA and we are fielding weakened sides.

Rossi has done well for us in the first team competitive games, has blown everything away at Reserve level and dragged Parma to a mid table finish while getting rave reviews by both their fans and the italian press who were calling him the Goldon boy.

Some people have a bad downer on Rossi because of how he was treated at Newcastle but he was playing in an injury ravaged side, made the majority of his starts on the left wing and when he was started up top it was long ball after long ball. I'm not making excuses but you cant just bypass every strength a player has an expect him to do better than 1 goal in 15 games or whatever it was. The majority where few minute cameo roles as well.

He is the most talented forward we have seen come through the ranks since Sparky. He has bags of talent and the rumour is all the big teams in Italy are keeping close tabs on him. Even the national manager has said he is keeping a close eye on him.

There is no reason why he couldnt do well for Manchester United if given a chance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

not gonna make it here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i agree, just dont seem to have "it". if he had then i have no doubt that fergie would've used him now rather shipping him off to sub standard sides

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

cba doing them tonight, killer headache, stinking cold, really not in the mood. tomorrow maybe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

stress related due to the thought of your first days work in years no doubt

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2089900,00.html

should we count this or not? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Difficult. It's sort of halfway between being linked with him, and a come and get me plea. Personally i'd include it, given that it's paper speculation rather than straight comments from him, so it's technically a player being linked.

Fingers crossed Nick's out of bed by now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The definitely going to be joining Manchester United, no doubt about it, cos the papers say so list

Anderson - Porto (Daily Mail)

Alfonso Alves - Heerenveen (Mirror)

Mikel Arteta - Everton (Guardian)

Gareth Bale - Southampton (Mirror)

Dimitar Berbatov - Spurs (Guardian)

Jermain Defoe - Spurs (Guardian)

Samuel Eto'o - Barca (Daily Mail)

Craig Gordon - Hearts (BBC)

Eidur Gudjohnsen - Barca (NOTW)

Owen Hargreaves - Bayern Munich (Times)

Klaas Jan Huntelaar - Ajax (Guardian)

Aaron Lennon - Spurs (Mirror)

Michael Kightly - Wolves (NOTW)

Jean Makoun - Lille (L'Equipe)

Florent Malouda - Lyon (Sky Sports)

Rio Mavuba - Bordeaux (Mirror)

Benni McCarthy - Blackburn (NOTW)

Youssouf Mulumbu - PSG (Youssouf Mulumbu)

Nani - Sporting Lisbon (Guardian)

Michael Owen - Newcastle (Various + BBC)

Nathan Porritt - Middlesbrough (Times)

Nigel Reo-Coker West Ham (Guardian)

Franck Ribery - Marseille (Himself via Sky)

Micah Richards - Manchester City (Mirror)

Steve Sidwell - Reading (Mirror)

Ryan Taylor - Wigan (Manchester Evening News)

Carlos Tevez - West Ham (Star, Mirror)

Fernando Torres - Atletico Madrid (Mirror)

Mark Viduka - Middlesbrough (Super soaraway sun)

Running Total: 29

Predicted Final Total

Irish – 170

James07? – 112

bling – 102

pjburrage – 99

WSR – 95

theis – 92

alilaw – 89

Nezell – 87

14AlanSmithifb – 85

Hero of the day – 83

vanester – 82

T!mbo – 80

BBB – 79

gonch19 – 78

Bagpuss – 77

Rb – 76

Pickles – 74

julesMUFC – 71

ajw2255 – 70

Rcjuk -69

Nick OGS20 – 68

Maverick – 64

davidbowie – 63

Ryno – 62

ACou2000 – 60

Gregg Carter – 59

Jimlad – 56

ericcantona7 – 55

Matt Cavanagh – 54

mark g – 52

keyser – 50

player_65 – 46

SLO_Fila – 43

Taz Devil – 41

Saha – 39

The_Fish – 37

finneys13 – 36

Master Blasta – 32

EmmYouEffSee – 29

<STRIKE>RedBlood – 26

qwerty2k – 17

Razor Eddie – 16

? – 15</STRIKE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

admire your determination tommy, but no ****ing chance

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Tomasz Kuszczak has set his sights on claiming a first-team place at Manchester United next season, despite increased competition from the returning Ben Foster.

Kuszczak spent the majority of this season on the bench, limited to just a handful of appearances in the league and domestic cups.

And England keeper Foster has had an impressive couple of seasons on loan at Watford - with many suggesting he will be challenging for the number one jersey at Old Trafford next term.

But, with Edwin van der Sar unsure of his place following some high-profile blunders towards the end of the season, Kuszczak says he is ready to step up to the challenge.

"I think I'm ready to play for Manchester United and I plan to fight for my place and become the club's No.1," he told the Daily Star.

"Ben Foster is a good keeper and he is coming back, and we have Edwin van der Sar here playing as first-choice now.

"But I feel there is a big chance for me to play and I want to fight - and win.

"My ambition was always to play in a big team and this is the biggest team in the world.

"I don't want people to think I am demanding to play. That's not the case. I just want people to know that I can do the job and want to do it."

And, while he acknowledges Foster's fine form, he feels he did much the same when he was at West Brom.

"People say Ben has been making great saves and that is certainly the case," continued Kuszczak.

"But don't forget people said the same about me at West Brom and that is why I was chosen to come here in the first place." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirZ:

Have you guys ever been linked to the french winger Florent Malouda? I think he's awesome and would be idea for you and probably wont cost an arm and a leg.£10m-12m max. What you lot think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sky have linked him to us this season according to the ever expanding list a little up the page

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

I still haven't got my ST CD thing. :/

Do you actually need it to renew? or can I just ring up the ticket office? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mine came today yet we renewed week before last

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nathan mufc fan:

Fb read about our tactics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good read, that's pretty much the idea I've had in my head for a while now. I just have a feeling we try to shoehorn all 3 of Scholes, Carrick and Hargreaves into the side though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

I thought you were going to do you awards last night? Or is it tonight? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nick wasn't feeling well. I think it was his work allergy kicking in early.

Just bought Fergies 2000 goals. I'm about to see if i can get sick of watching United score goals.

DVD has interviews with Fergie and some players past and present. As well as just watching one to 2000 straight through you can break it down by season so you could just watch 93/94 if you so wanted.

Also has an info bit at the side of the season selecter that tells you the seasons top scorer and lists everyone who scored during the season.

Just watching the 86/87 season now. Olsens little jig after he scores just pure class. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

The "how long will NickOGS20 last in his new job" sweepstake

Okay as we all know, Nick starts his new job on Tuesday and has to be there at 9am and Nick and 9am haven't met each other many times in the last couple of years, so predict away lads.

BBB - 5 weeks

Gregg Carter - 16 Weeks

mark g - 25 minutes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If he's not posting on here, something must have gone badly wrong. We may have a winner icon14.gif

Archived