The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

Wonder if Park will get any more games icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

definitely will. JSP icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not so sure icon_frown.gif

Been watching a 7min compilation of Park in United games (that didn't feature this season) and overall he is damn useful to our squad.

The bright side is that this way there will be no more games for KR!!!!!!!!!!!! (hopefully)

so this basically means we will be playing 4 2 3 1 next season, i guess saha/rooney/smudge up front with the 3 being nani/giggsy/anderson/rooney/ronaldo/scholesy/park and the 2 being from hargs/carrick/scholesy/fletcher.

I'm quite wet. TOTAL FOOTBALL.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

so this basically means we will be playing 4 2 3 1 next season, i guess saha/rooney/smudge up front with the 3 being nani/giggsy/anderson/rooney/ronaldo/scholesy/park and the 2 being from hargs/carrick/scholesy/fletcher.

I'm quite wet. TOTAL FOOTBALL. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

something like..

MC Hargreaves

MC Carrick

AM Scholes

FW Ronaldo

FW Nani

ST Rooney

with the front 3 all switching around at will icon_cool.gif

and even that's assuming we dont bring another striker in, which is still possible.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by beffrey:

Haha didn't mean to post that in here. We should make some new singles thread and disguise it as something else so banal boy doesn't find it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he might be gone soon....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

It'll be more like...

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Hargreaves/Carrick Scholes/Fletcher

Ronaldo/Park Anderson/Rooney Giggs/Nani

Smith/Rooney/Saha </pre>

Something like that I rekon.

the bench is the key imo. fa cup final showed the gulf in options between ourselves and chelsea so this should bring us closer to them. plus, i refuse to believe we wont play even SEXIER football than them next season icon_cool.gif

im really giddy, my flatmate has gone to bed and she wont talk to me as im being annoying and high icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

and a bench that may actually have an impact too \o/

something we were lacking last season </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah hell icon_biggrin.gif I even forgot we are supposed to have a competitive bench if we want more trophies icon_smile.gif Got used to this season where we were praying for no injures in the midfield and attack.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LibLibertine:

It'll be more like...

Smith/Rooney/Saha </pre>

Something like that I rekon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Giggs and Rooney other way round, surely? Also Rossi must be accomodated, please god let him be accomodated....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smirky:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LibLibertine:

It'll be more like...

Smith/Rooney/Saha </pre>

Giggs and Rooney other way round, surely? Also Rossi must be accomodated, please god let him be accomodated.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right, it would be Giggs played through the middle. Not got the legs to play down the flank no more I don't think.

I would expect Rossi could play through the center or even down the wings. Either way he does need to be in the squad. Think he'll be a brilliant player in future.

It'll be more like...

Smith/Rooney/Saha </pre>

Nah Julesy's is far more likely to be the way we'll line up.

It's closer to how we played against Roma and is closer to the style we've all wanted us to play so long as we had the right choices for the players.

the two lines there not meant to be saying the two tactics were different btw. More two seperate comments icon_biggrin.gif

Julesy's formation takes into account any two from four, as opposed to swapping hargreaves and carrick each time as they're likely to be playing together more than not as that's going to be the long term plan.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smirky:

It'll be more like...

Smith/Rooney/Saha </pre>

Giggs and Rooney other way round, surely? Also Rossi must be accomodated, please god let him be accomodated.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right, it would be Giggs played through the middle. Not got the legs to play down the flank no more I don't think.

I would expect Rossi could play through the center or even down the wings. Either way he does need to be in the squad. Think he'll be a brilliant player in future. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If Giggs keeps up how he ended the season he shouldnt be playing at all i don't think. If anyone else was playing like that they would have been dropped. Mon Rossi.

imo this looks rather good/first choice

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Vds

Neville Rio Vidic Evra

Hargreaves Carrick

Scholes

Ronaldo Nani

Rooney

</pre>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

formidable icon_cool.gif

wtf? isnt Libertine's basically the graphical version of what Jules said anyway? :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha yeh i was thinking the same thing.

uncle malc ftw btw.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Vds

Neville Rio Vidic Evra

Hargreaves Carrick

Scholes

Ronaldo Nani

Rooney

</pre>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

formidable icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bench being - Anderson, Foster, Heinze, Brown, Rossi, Giggs and Park....absolute class icon_biggrin.gif

Vds

Neville Rio Vidic Evra

Hargreaves Carrick

Scholes

Ronaldo Nani

Rooney

</pre>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rather floats my boat, too.

Nani coming means Homohair can go to Uncle Robbo. icon14.gif

wtf? isnt Libertine's basically the graphical version of what Jules said anyway? :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha yeh i was thinking the same thing.

uncle malc ftw btw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah it probably is. There were a lot of player/player/player/player stuff going on in Jules post. My inferior mind couldn't really work it all out.

Diagrams ftw

Crikey, what a day! Found out I'd won a Nintendo DS at lunchtime, then this evening I was feeling a little tired, so went to bed for a couple of hours and wake up to find this! \o/

AnNa the new RoRo?

Vds

Neville Rio Vidic Evra

Hargreaves Carrick

Scholes

Ronaldo Nani

Rooney

</pre>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now thats a team icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

The scousebuster O'shea cant leave

Players who i won't mind if they leave: <STRIKE>Saha</STRIKE>, Smith, <STRIKE>Silvestre</STRIKE>, <STRIKE>Richardson</STRIKE>, Park, Flecther </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How could you?

Smudge, Park and Fletch are brilliant. Can't get rid, ever.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

so who's leaving?

saha

richardson

heinze

silvestre

oshea

smith

all surely unsafe. am i forgetting anyone? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

o'shea and Smith worth keeping over all others mentioned i think.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

dont see fletcher being in danger of the chop in all honesty.

really think were looking at heinze, silvestre, saha and richardson for the chop. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definatly agree with that.

Heinze is on his way already anyway. Richardson can't ever get in the team again (please) and especially if Pique stays at United next season Silvestre won't be able to get in the team.

Archived