The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

flipping things around again, time for Best Decision.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Best Decision:

Signing Larsson on loan

Selling Ruud

Going to Goodison in the home end

Giving Ronnie a new contract

Sir Alex going to portugal for dinner with Ronaldo

Signing Michael Carrick

Taking Richardson off at half-time vs Pompey

Starting Alan Smith vs Roma

Keeping faith with Vidic and Evra

Whenever Richardson was left out

Bringing JOS on at Anfield

Shaking the champagne bottle

Not bothering to watch the Boro game

Starting Alan Smith vs Roma

Buying that Fulham ticket when Mart offered it

Not signing Tevez/Mascherano

Not sacking Fergie

To play attacking football

Putting John O'Shea in goal/midfield/upfront </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

finding the team, let it go eric you sad twat icon_biggrin.gif

the nature of the performance against milan is what people had an issue with. we didnt look remotely bothered that we were going out of a european cup semi final, its hard to compare that with the carling cup or whatever drink sponsored it this year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he does kinda have a point. The award is named "worst performance" and even playing like we did in milan i'd still have backed us to do better than we did against Southend ffs.

If it was most disappointing performance, then yes the milan one should be right up there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

hmm, can't see my nomination there. I assume it was just thrown under one of the general Richardson is an utter twat who should never play football again headings? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats for the worst decision nominations obviously.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

finding the team, let it go eric you sad twat icon_biggrin.gif

the nature of the performance against milan is what people had an issue with. we didnt look remotely bothered that we were going out of a european cup semi final, its hard to compare that with the carling cup or whatever drink sponsored it this year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Typing Man Utd and Southend into Google isn't exactly time consuming is it. I just wanted to confirm Rooney and Ronaldo started as I remember watching it in the pub and the utter disgust by my mates and everyone in there at the performance

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Typing Man Utd and Southend into Google isn't exactly time consuming is it. I just wanted to confirm Rooney and Ronaldo started as I remember watching it in the pub and the utter disgust by my mates and everyone in there at the performance </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i was in the same pub as kevin webster (the railway, hale), he wasn't best pleased either.

in third, deja vu time. Selling Ruud again. same number of votes as well. ooooooooooooh.

runner-up is arguably one of the best decisions in Fergie's career - going to dinner with Ronaldo in Portugal. and persuading him to stay ofc. the actual dinner aspect fairly irrelevant really. hope it was nice though.

and the thoroughly deserving winner, signing Henrik Larsson on loan. kept us ticking over at a time when balsa-man was becoming at one with the treatment table and was a class act throughout his brief spell with us.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Even the Chelsea one was quicker than this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oi, watch it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Did I answer 'buying that Fulham ticket when Mart offered it'? Genuinely think I put something about Ronaldo, but it should be the latter tbf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, that was me. Were you there ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Did I answer 'buying that Fulham ticket when Mart offered it'? Genuinely think I put something about Ronaldo, but it should be the latter tbf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the Fulham ticket one was Eddie i believe.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

icon_biggrin.gif

not even going to mention mine to avoid the inevietable destruction of the page/thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mika doesn't post here anymore and Ryan just jacks off over JKH. You're just about safe.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

Nah, that was me. Were you there ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At Craven Cottage? Yes. Were you? You've been described as a psychotic looking man with an awful lot of hair, I'm sure I'd remember you...

id have milan as both worst AND most disappointing. we were criminally bad, no one came out of it with any sort of praise. southend was terrible aswell but i kind of expect us to play like twats when were up against no mark teams these days. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair enough, just comes down to how you define worst I guess.

You can tell I've been doing to many exams. I'm seeing everything in terms of an exam question ffs icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

At Craven Cottage? Yes. Were you? You've been described as a psychotic looking man with an awful lot of hair, I'm sure I'd remember you... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would explain it, then. I was at OT, you were at teh Cottage. icon_biggrin.gif

Psycotic ? As if, ffs. icon_frown.gif

right, we're going to get these three out of the way in one fell swoop:

Best Away Fans:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Pompey

West Ham

Copenhagen

Ours

Celtic

Roma

Villa (cup)

Newcastle

Pompey

Sheff Utd

Reading </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Worst Away Fans:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Roma

Liverpool

West Ham

Boro

Wigan

Charlton </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Best Away Trip:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Reading (Cup)

Blackburn

Everton

OT

Spurs

Fulham

Don’t know, ask fat martin since he’s on his high horse.

Villa

Liverpool

Watford (semi)

Roma </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At Craven Cottage? Yes. Were you? You've been described as a psychotic looking man with an awful lot of hair, I'm sure I'd remember you... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would explain it, then. I was at OT, you were at teh Cottage. icon_biggrin.gif

Psycotic ? As if, ffs. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh OK, not psychotic. Definately not. Normal and well adjusted, I'd say.

Please don't hurt me icon_frown.gif

larsson allowed us to rotate somewhat at a time we otherwise wouldnt have been able to. scored a couple of somewhat vital goals but i reckon his all round contribution in keeping the momentum going over a tricky period makes it a fair choice for decision of the season.

ronaldo one a definite fair shout tho given how good a season hes gone on to have.

Psycotic ? As if, ffs. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh OK, not psychotic. Definately not. Normal and well adjusted, I'd say.

Please don't hurt me icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still have nightmares from when I first met Eddie tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

ot - best away trip? i thought non-reds weren't allowed to vote? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif That was mine

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Why wasn't Best Away trip on my ballot?

Chelsea would have been the awnser </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you did actually put that, didn't copy the bottom answer in the list. only person who voted for it anyway so it didn't rank.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

ot - best away trip? i thought non-reds weren't allowed to vote? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif That was mine </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Why wasn't Best Away trip on my ballot?

Chelsea would have been the awnser </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you did actually put that, didn't copy the bottom answer in the list. only person who voted for it anyway so it didn't rank. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No one else could have been there for it to only get one vote

Top atmosphere

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">No one else could have been there for it to only get one vote

Top atmosphere </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thought you would have put bacup down... icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">No one else could have been there for it to only get one vote

Top atmosphere </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thought you would have put bacup down... icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>icon_frown.gif

Good experience that though icon_biggrin.gif

Best Away Fans:

2nd.= Villa in the cup, Sheffield United

1st. Copenhagen

Worst Away Fans:

3rd. Roma

2nd. Boro

1st. Liverpool

Best Away Trip:

2nd.= Roma, Everton, Blackburn

1st. Fulham

don't really agree with the larsson one. he was okay. he did keep us 'ticking over', scored a couple of goals, nice bloke, but that was about it... not the decision of the season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spot on. I thought it was a bad decision, given that we got someone for 3 months when we needed someone for 5.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Good experience that though icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

roll on rossendale (a couple of miles from there) icon_biggrin.gif

time for some user awards to pep things up. previously known as the best/worst trespasser awards, but that name was rubbish. so are these names tbf, but anyway:

Opposition fan we don't really mind contributing that much:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ratinho

Francis Cole

Ajw2255

Juni

atvkwkad

SirZ

Eric Cartman

DeafParrot </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Opposition fan about as welcome as Kieran Richardson in a starting XI:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Deco2o

Moreclaw

Gregg Carter

any of the bindipping vermin

Francis Cole

AndyPolack

Pires777

Juni

goater666

joe_cole

youll_never_walk_alone

Daaaaaaaaaaave

Pickles

Eric Cartman

most of them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

I used to go out with someone round the Rossendale/Bacup area, chaville, horrible place </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My niece lives up that way somewhere.

Archived