The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GoldenSpike:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

the award for Biggest Disappointment is next:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Performance and elimination in Milan

Losing to Southend

Arsenal and West Ham doing doubles over us

Number of games we bottled it and went 451/433

Louis Saha

Not relegating West Ham

FA Cup Final defeat/performance

Not doing the double after being so close

Realising we're not good enough in Europe

Fergie loaning Rossi out rather than keeping him

Seeing us line up 451 vs Benfica

Gary Nev's season-ending injury

Giggs' exasperating performances

BBB in Milan

Pompey away

Seeing the number 23 come up in green lights on the 4th official's board.

Glazer not dying </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If we'd known what we know now, "the pace of the awards ceremony" would have been a

shoe-in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh gosh that's funny. That's really funny. Do you write your own material? Do you? Because that is so fresh. I've never heard anyone make that joke before. Mmm. You're the first. Gosh, what a clever, smart person you must be, to come up with a joke like that by your self. Mmm. That's so fresh, too. Any Titanic jokes you want to throw into this forum while we're hitting these phenomena at the height of their popularity? Because we're right here. God you're so funny! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice one. I bet the irony of using that particular family guy piece that's been overused on here over the last few months was entirely intentional as well.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

can i change my favourite moment to mark getting sonned by a random? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh gosh that's funny. That's really funny. Do you write your own material? Do you? Because that is so fresh. I've never heard anyone make that joke before. Mmm. You're the first. Gosh, what a clever, smart person you must be, to come up with a joke like that by your self. Mmm. That's so fresh, too. Any Titanic jokes you want to throw into this forum while we're hitting these phenomena at the height of their popularity? Because we're right here. God you're so funny!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

How utterly random from goldenspike there icon_confused.gif

He's about 3 and a half years behind in the quotage as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbh I find that quotage one of the most ironic things on the internet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, it's also not remotely applicable in this context because as far as I'm aware Mark's not riffing off any currently popular cultural craze, he's just making one his timless 'jokes'.

So all round shyteness there really.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

I've started revising what the reasons behind why Britain fell behind the US in terms of productivity at the end of the 19th century :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mass-production processes ftw surely?

Tbh I can barely remember anything from British economic history... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pretty much. Just doing whether it was down to increased globalization and Britain continuing to specialize in the old industries of the industrial revolution OR down to entrepenurial failure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well good luck with it bud. Our lecturer for that made it a less than desirable subject to engage with unfortunately. 20th C. Euro econ so much better tbh icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

can i change my favourite moment to mark getting sonned by a random? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh gosh that's funny. That's really funny. Do you write your own material? Do you? Because that is so fresh. I've never heard anyone make that joke before. Mmm. You're the first. Gosh, what a clever, smart person you must be, to come up with a joke like that by your self. Mmm. That's so fresh, too. Any Titanic jokes you want to throw into this forum while we're hitting these phenomena at the height of their popularity? Because we're right here. God you're so funny! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will you have my babies jules?

3 To Sign:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Owen Hargreaves

Aaron Lennon

Klaas Jan Huntelaar

Miroslav Klose

Tranquillo Barnetta

Kaka

Gareth Bale

Carlos Tevez

Frank Ribery

Fernando Torres

Samuel Eto'o

David Nugent

Ryan Babel

Nani

Mikel Arteta

Mark Viduka

Ruud van Nistelrooy

Morten Gamst Pedersen

Dani Alves

Dimitar Berbatov

Some striker who doesn't spend more than 1/2 of the season in the sick bay

'a top winger'

Darren Bent

Scott Parker

Anderson

Peter Crouch

Marek Matejovský

Rino Gattuso

Afonso Alves

Philipp Lahm

Giles Barnes

Mancini </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

3 To Go:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Kieran Richardson

Mikael Silvestre

Ryan Giggs

Gabriel Heinze

Louis Saha

Tomasz Kuszczak

Dong Fangzhuo

Wesley Brown

Darren Fletcher

Edwin van der Sar </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Yeah, it's also not remotely applicable in this context because as far as I'm aware Mark's not riffing off any currently popular cultural craze, he's just making one his timless 'jokes'.

So all round shyteness there really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You couldn't just have left out the apostrophe's, could you icon_frown.gif

Nick, i'd like to change one of my votes please.

How utterly random from goldenspike there icon_confused.gif

He's about 3 and a half years behind in the quotage as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbh I find that quotage one of the most ironic things on the internet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So all round shyteness there really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Did anyone get the 3 to sign right?

irrelevant award now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

James did. incredible foresight really

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GoldenSpike:

ok ok fair enough.. it wasn't smart or clever, there just needed to be someone to stick up for Nick.. balance out the abuse.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keep up the not smart or clever and you'll fit right in round here icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Did anyone get the 3 to sign right?

irrelevant award now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

James did. incredible foresight really </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I was typing "Really icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif ect" then i remembered he voted today

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Carter is a loveable welsh arse imo, carried me out of walkabout icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You just went numb dude icon_frown.gif We were both gutted, but you were just out of it until we got out. Was worried about yah when you walked off back to the bus icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Will you have my babies jules? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i believe 'wow' jonny has first dibs but if hes not keen im all yours.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

ok ok fair enough.. it wasn't smart or clever, there just needed to be someone to stick up for Nick.. balance out the abuse.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keep up the not smart or clever and you'll fit right in round here icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can be his mentor icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's room for two paedo's in this thread?

3 To Sign

3rd: Klaaaaaaaas Jan Huntelaar (ryan stop telling the classless one to close the thread xx)

2nd: shared by Naaaaani and Haaaaaaargreaves. smug

WINNER - Dimitar Berbatov. somewhat unlikely now la

3 To Go

3rd: Louis Saha

2nd: Mikael Silvestre (CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP)

WINNER/LOSER - Kieran Richardson

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

I'm actually with ry-dawg on this one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I accept your apology.

x </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So long as you promise to continue being an insufferable little pain in the arse, i'll promise to be an annoying welsh tw*t. Deal?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

I've started revising what the reasons behind why Britain fell behind the US in terms of productivity at the end of the 19th century :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mass-production processes ftw surely?

Tbh I can barely remember anything from British economic history... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pretty much. Just doing whether it was down to increased globalization and Britain continuing to specialize in the old industries of the industrial revolution OR down to entrepenurial failure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well good luck with it bud. Our lecturer for that made it a less than desirable subject to engage with unfortunately. 20th C. Euro econ so much better tbh icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cheers mate, its actually British economic history from 1870-1970 although I'm going to answer two questions on pre WWI and then one on the interwar period. Mainly because I did the module last summer and completely sacked off everything after WWII icon_biggrin.gif

was quite lucky in that the tutor for it was this big loveable Argentinian guy. Used to get so worked up and vocal about all sorts of things. But completely loveable even if his English was poor to say the least.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Carter is a loveable welsh arse imo, carried me out of walkabout icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You just went numb dude icon_frown.gif We were both gutted, but you were just out of it until we got out. Was worried about yah when you walked off back to the bus icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is the term "carried" artistic licence, or should we be impressed?

Most Looking Forward To:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Being Champions/defending title

European Campaign

Rooney in top form for the whole campaign

New aways to go to

More trips to OT

Rossi returning as a first-teamer

Young players (GR, GP, JE) getting their chance

Rooney and Ronaldo on top form at the same time

A genuine ball-winner in midfield

Keano's OT return

Building on this season

Ron, Roon and Hunty tearing it up

Retaining our title

United vs Chelsea

Blackburn away

Seeing how the new midfield shapes up

Having a decent finisher at the club who isn't 34

CL group stage draw/decent euro aways

Watching Rooney and Ronaldo blossom into the most lethal attacking force in Europe

A permanent seat

Seeing Hargreaves show why he's the best defensive Midfielder in England

The birth of my son who will be part of the new generation of OTF United thread users

Winning the CL

The second treble

Kissing Ryan again </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">WINNER/LOSER - Kieran Richardson </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Manchester United would be the winner and Richardsons cousin would be the loser

I'm actually with ry-dawg on this one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I accept your apology.

x </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So long as you promise to continue being an insufferable little pain in the arse, i'll promise to be an annoying welsh tw*t. Deal? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like the pretence that you two have a choice in the matter icon_biggrin.gif

United Thread Worst User. don't take it to heart lads icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Weststandred

Pickles

Rcjuk

pjburrage

LibLibertine

Gregg Carter

BBB

gonch19

Rage1999

JulesMUFC

Keyser

foobR

Mika

Ryno

billymanutdfan

RedBlood

mark g </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You just went numb dude icon_frown.gif We were both gutted, but you were just out of it until we got out. Was worried about yah when you walked off back to the bus icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is the term "carried" artistic licence, or should we be impressed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well it wasn't eactly a fire mans carry. More a case of Mart went utterly numb, so i had to put my arm around him, with his arm round my neck and forcefully walk him up the stairs and out the pub to stop him getting trampled.

Kinda like when you have to carry your drunk mate out of a pub, just not with mart being drunk.

they're coming thick and fast now. insert punchline here.

United Thread Most Improved User:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">BBB

Mika

alilaw

Taz

Gregg Carter

gonch19

Rcjuk

weststandred

theis

Keyser

14AlanSmithifb

Saha

mark g

ACou2000

No Longer Bling </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha 3rd icon_biggrin.gif

SHAME ON YOU ALL.I should have wrapped this one up.

How many votes did I get? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just four icon_frown.gif

haha 3rd icon_biggrin.gif

SHAME ON YOU ALL.I should have wrapped this one up.

How many votes did I get? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>one from me

Archived