The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

You know what rules about this thread, sorry to non-wallers, every single one of you i've met are utterly awesome people and some of you I'd consider REAL friends :*)

aside from carter ofc.

bling, come to the wall you homo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still maintain I will never go to the wall if I'm going to Old Trafford with my mate.

I don't care if ryans bought his mum, ASIFB has bough his uncle, BBB has bought his scouse bird or even if james has bought his wife to the wall. You're all weirdo's icon_biggrin.gif

Will probably be going to old trafford a couple of times on my own next season as I will be living in London/earning and will try and link in visits to Old Trafford with visits home so hopefully get free trainfares. If I do I will definitly come down to the wall with some delicacy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

I was shunned for every award because yo ucannot face the truth about Giggs you bunch of utter bastards.

Oh & it's now officially my birthday. I am 23 icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Happy birthday, Giggs effigy is in the post icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

I was shunned for every award because yo ucannot face the truth about Giggs you bunch of utter bastards.

Oh & it's now officially my birthday. I am 23 icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really ? MHR, matey.

Mine tomorrow. I'm 52. icon_frown.gificon_frown.gif

happy birthday. Even if you are wrong about Giggs icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Ruud for player of the season icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't think who was responsible for that...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

eddie, you rule dude. never buy shitty quality lager, always stella icon_cool.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tbf, I know all that. I just wanted to see it in b&w. icon_wink.gif

I am normal. I visit the wall. I only to do it to bring some respectability to the place though.

Where is Mika to do a photoshop mockup of Martin in a Carlsberg advert anyway?

"Martin doesn't do two-faced, but if he did, he'd probably be the biggest two faced **** in the world"

Wit ha pic of him going mental at Richardsons goal at Boro on one side & then a pic of him ranting about WSR on the other.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

im basically the 'your mate' in that scenario theis icon_biggrin.gif

do a shedload more than the majority but am just a bit thick when it comes to exams so might struggle to get a mark i feel i deserve. still, fair play for beating the system icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i haven't beaten it yet of course. could have horribly predicted how a couple of them have gone but as I've had no **** ups and have actually done some revision for these (got a 2:2 in my first year exams) I would be surprised and disappointed if I did get a 2:2.

I wouldn't quite call it beating the system because in my subject out of 90 people less than 10 got a 2:2 last year. More that the system is flawed if it allows two people doing massively different amounts of work throughout their three years to get was is ultimately the same degree.

Indeed, which is why I'm sticking to the no more tickets rule.

unless you're ace.

ul jonny icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, yeah, heard that before. You can give me **** when I don't own you.

I brought my dad ffs icon_biggrin.gif, I don't have a scouse bird.

woo, I move 2 weeks today YAS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was theorising towards the end about who's bought who. Still bringing your dad is bad enough icon_biggrin.gif

Hey dad want to come and meet these mates of mine I found off the internet? They're not kiddy fiddlers honest.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

whoever voted for me, for anything, was bang on the money tbh

good awards show. its much better coming on here post-event and reading it through without the massive waits if I'd followed "live"

If there was an award for best quotage of awesome comedy shows I'm pretty sure you would clean up tbh.

Partridge ftw \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

whoever voted for me, for anything, was bang on the money tbh

good awards show. its much better coming on here post-event and reading it through without the massive waits if I'd followed "live"

If there was an award for best quotage of awesome comedy shows I'm pretty sure you would clean up tbh.

Partridge ftw \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Norfolk Bravery Awards > these awards

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

acou does deserve some sort of bafta award for bringing comedy quoting to the masses. maybe also some unhealthy obsession in sitcoms award too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll take both, cheers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

no

nickyh said it first

Wp to him too, twas raping the forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hate agreeing with you yah know icon_frown.gif

Manchester United midfielder Kieran told pals he was horrified to discover Charley, who also dreams of being a singer, was going to parade herself on the show.

The Premiership star, 22, famously shuns the limelight and party scene in favour of quiet nights in.

ahahahahahahahahahaha icon_biggrin.gif

Wp on the awards Nick.

Hopefully going up to some games next season; starting with Inter if all goes well, providing British Gas cease and desist on their current plans to rape me. A red mate of mine is a town planner or some **** up there already, and now another mate's missus is going to study at the Met next year, so he's learning to drive to go see her, giving all three of us an excuse to go to some matches, esp. Derby since the latter mates a dirty sheep shagger. Will pop down the wall too if the odds of being shunned are better than even.

Oh, and at the risk of going back a few pages - regards Maddie, I know the description they've put out says there looking for a feller around 5'10", but given his recent penchant for taking children from Portugal, has anyone ruled out a certain Mr. Gill?

aww man, i was going to vote for rio in the poty award because i would've felt knowing that he eventually wouldn't even be nominated despite being completely awesome this season. but bottled it and iirc went for ronaldo icon_frown.gif

now i feel bad, even though ronnie was completely deserving of it.

SO close to retaining my Most Improved User award :*(

Theis where are you living/working in london next year? I'm flat hunting today in west london and gonna be working on canary wharf earning frankly stupid amounts and will probably travel up quite a bit on the train from euston to piccadilly so let me know if you are keen and we can go up together icon14.gif.

Going back to cockernee land \o/.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

And no, I can't understand what I wrote there either.

Just SO gutted that I couldn't become the first person to retain the MIUA icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could be in with a shout again next year.

I mean, from where you are now, there's an awful lot of scope to go for it again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Least I didn't get nominated as the worst user, eh mark? icon_frown.gif

I think what I was trying to say there was that Rio should've been at least nominated for poty. Maybe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, i meant to ask Nick about that. Do you think he just missed you off the list by mistake? icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Manchester United's pursuit of a striker has prompted them to lodge an inquiry with Bolton Wanderers about the availability of the France striker Nicolas Anelka, with the Premiership champions having already taken their potential summer spending beyond the £50m mark with the purchase yesterday of Owen Hargreaves.

The England international followed the Portugal winger Nani and the Brazilian midfielder Anderson to Old Trafford, allowing Sir Alex Ferguson to turn his attention to supplementing his striking ranks. His initial targets had included Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o and Dimitar Berbatov of Tottenham Hotspur, though they have effectively been priced out of his budget following this week's spending.

Article continues

Another highly-rated striker, the Ajax forward Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, who scored 23 goals in 34 league appearances in Holland last term, has indicated he would prefer to remain in the Eredivisie for a further season, leaving Ferguson searching for alternatives. Anelka, 28, has emerged as a surprise target.

The France international moved to the Reebok from Fenerbahce last summer for a club record £8m. He played a significant part in securing Wanderers' Uefa Cup qualification, scoring 11 league goals, but he is keen to compete again in the Champions League and has been unsettled by Sam Allardyce's departure.

Indeed, Allardyce had admitted that he would listen to offers for Anelka this summer had he stayed at the Reebok. Sammy Lee, Allardyce's successor, is keen to retain the striker, however.

Hargreaves' arrival, confirmed some 24 hours after the two signings were secured in Portugal, ended a year-long pursuit of the England midfielder with the 25-year-old expected to sign a five-year contract at the end of next month when he returns from a family holiday in his native Canada. The fee is understood to be £17m, with Hargreaves to provide support for Michael Carrick, allowing Ferguson to use Paul Scholes more sparingly next season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Theis where are you living/working in london next year? I'm flat hunting today in west london and gonna be working on canary wharf earning frankly stupid amounts and will probably travel up quite a bit on the train from euston to piccadilly so let me know if you are keen and we can go up together icon14.gif.

Going back to cockernee land \o/. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will be working in the city, just off fleet street. Will probably be living in Clapham although not sure yet.

But definitly would be happy to have someone to travel back home on the train with. I'll keep you notified closer to the time.

And Taz, I don't hate you icon_smile.gif

Archived