The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

A goal down at Anfield I wouldn't expect anyone to make a difference in the last 15 minutes except maybe Scholes/Ronaldo/Rooney. Anyone else wouldn't have that killer pass/move in them. At least Park wouldn't stand tere hands on hips after his lastest flick went straight to the opposition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that exactly the point? That a player who's going to be in our pool of wingers/creative players should be good enough that you think bringing them on could make a difference?

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

and there's no Ruud argument because Matt's boycotting the thread. I could stand in for him if you want. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is he genuinely boycotting in here, or is there an in joke/explanation there that i've missed?

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

and there's no Ruud argument because Matt's boycotting the thread. I could stand in for him if you want. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is he genuinely boycotting in here, or is there an in joke/explanation there that i've missed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's largely genuine afaik

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Because the Ruud debates were getting ridiculous </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And who is to blame for that? Whilst the (so-called) anti-RvN side produces reasoned objective opinion backed up by facts you and your hysterical cronies reply with over the top hyperbole and reams of re-written history. It’s your continued quest for his beatification and ruthless suppression of alternative views which are killing the thread. Glad you’re gone.

our trainer's off sick so there was no point any of us going on today. amusing after he was banging on about attendance the other day and bragging that he'd not had a day off sick in 11 years icon_biggrin.gif

can't explain how happy i was when they rang to tell me though. slept for about an hour last night, would have been zombiefied all day.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

Quality Nick.

Love how you found the worst pictures of yourself and Mart though. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nothing to do with me, that was all Mika's work

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Jonny was apparently left out because it's his birthday and as such he was spared. although he'd have probably preferred to be in it i reckon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can easily be changed, but I just couldn't find a good photo of him on his own.

Haven't seen this already posted, sorry if it has.

Just seen that the Premier League might have to investigate if we do sign Anderson as it may be the same type of transfer as Tevez. Just hope we don't do the same type of thing as West Ham and end up getting points deducted or whatever.

But if Anderson had a buy-out clause, thats probably the 3rd party buy-out clause?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Jonny was apparently left out because it's his birthday and as such he was spared. although he'd have probably preferred to be in it i reckon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can easily be changed, but I just couldn't find a good photo of him on his own. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There wasn't a good photo of any of us in there icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by titchuk:

Just seen that the Premier League might have to investigate if we do sign Anderson as it may be the same type of transfer as Tevez. Just hope we don't do the same type of thing as West Ham and end up getting points deducted or whatever.

But if Anderson had a buy-out clause, thats probably the 3rd party buy-out clause? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure we wouldn't be that stupid, there's no way we would sign a player who we didn't own, esp not after the WHU farce, though maybe it would explain why we could afford him.

Can easily be changed, but I just couldn't find a good photo of him on his own. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sneakily not including yourself as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by titchuk:

But if Anderson had a buy-out clause, thats probably the 3rd party buy-out clause? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, just noticed theres a big thread on the signing. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Theis, which office you working in? Salisbury Square / Dorset Rise, or have they got you in Farringdon? Live in Clapham as well, it's awesome icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't know for certain yet. Apparently they'll inform me of my business unit/start date later this month. I've put CIM down as my first choice which I think is based in Salisbury Square.

as i understand it Anderson WAS part-owned by both Porto and this company/agent, and the transfer fee we've paid is split between the two parties giving us full ownership? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah therefore there's no problem, it would be sensible for the EPL to look into it and check that's the case, so it wouldn't suprise me if they did, but only as a precaution.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Theis, which office you working in? Salisbury Square / Dorset Rise, or have they got you in Farringdon? Live in Clapham as well, it's awesome icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't know for certain yet. Apparently they'll inform me of my business unit/start date later this month. I've put CIM down as my first choice which I think is based in Salisbury Square. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're all dives anyway mate, it's CLEARLY all about I&G / FS and plush Canary Wharf offices. Although it's fairly immaterial anyway as in the year I was there I spent, oooh, say 15 days in the actual office.

They're all dives anyway mate, it's CLEARLY all about I&G / FS and plush Canary Wharf offices. Although it's fairly immaterial anyway as in the year I was there I spent, oooh, say 15 days in the actual office. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like a working year for Nick.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

Don't know for certain yet. Apparently they'll inform me of my business unit/start date later this month. I've put CIM down as my first choice which I think is based in Salisbury Square. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're all dives anyway mate, it's CLEARLY all about I&G / FS and plush Canary Wharf offices. Although it's fairly immaterial anyway as in the year I was there I spent, oooh, say 15 days in the actual office. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, did my interviews in Canary Wharf. Was awesome.

I knew i'd be spending a lot of the time in audit out of the office. Is it really that much though icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Sounds like a working year for Nick. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you think i'd get employed in an office? icon_redface.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

:***************) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

quality icon14.gif, although I am a pit peeved with no mention of me icon_frown.gif (even if I am in one of the photo's). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we'll have to get Matt to edit it, think he was looking for individual pics. you'll have to pose more next year icon_biggrin.gif

Sounds like a working year for Nick. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you think i'd get employed in an office? icon_redface.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't think you'd get employed at all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

:***************) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

quality icon14.gif, although I am a pit peeved with no mention of me icon_frown.gif (even if I am in one of the photo's). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we'll have to get Matt to edit it, think he was looking for individual pics. you'll have to pose more next year icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah, did my interviews in Canary Wharf. Was awesome.

I knew i'd be spending a lot of the time in audit out of the office. Is it really that much though icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it was intensified for me because of the department I was in. The Public Sector bring in an inordinate amount of external auditors and consultants all year long (it's a brilliant way to piss money away icon14.gif), so we always had a client to go to. Whereas other departments (certainly FS) are far more sporadic, finding ways to look like your working in the office for several weeks followed by a bitch of a month where you're working 12 hour days around about year end.

Anderson's having his medical today btw, deal could/should go through tonight all being well. suspect we might wait and unveil the three of them at once though? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Waiting until June 6th or whatever that silly date BBB had bookmarked last year was?

ahahaha, RI forums getting a mention on the times website for the anti BB stuff icon_biggrin.gif

http://timesonline.typepad.com/big_brother/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Assorted weirdos of the world unite (here)

Apparently, not everyone is welcoming the return of BB with the same manifest glee as the residents of Times House. Over on the official, un-official Manchester United chat room a rather stern-sounding, Stalinist editor has warned his regulars as follows:

Official Big Brother thread: Summer 2007

This thread is for the collection of assorted weirdos who are actually going to waste their summer watching this abortion, before coming on the internet seeking to discuss it with fellow morons.

Anyone polluting the rest of the forum with anything to do with this c**tfest will be banned for 24 hours - the only exemption from this will be for those detailing the latest instances of knobheadery from the Richardson clan.

Fear not, any Man U fans seeking fellow morons to discuss the knobheadery [good word] of Charley, or indeed any of the other lay-dees whether related to Kieran Richardson or otherwise, should come and join the thousands of assorted weirdos who will be hanging out here for the next several weeks. (I'm not sure we have the technology to do it but anyone posting about football will be banned. for 48 hours.)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

I was in the Royal Oak in Droylsden, its not near the ground or anything, just that the landlord and a few others are FC Utd fans </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the prince of orange is in ashton, near the bus station.

i think i might know someone who goes in the royal oak who is an fc utd fan, don't think he would have been in there after the final though.

Archived