The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Nicolas Anelka has shown his commitment to Bolton Wanderers by forking out over £60,000 to fly 25 members and staff to his wedding ceremony in Morocco.

The moody French striker - known as Le Sulk - is tying the knot in Marrakech on Saturday.

The wedding party includes new boss Sammy Lee, team-mates Gary Speed and Stelios, plus the groundsman, kitman and members of the Reebok's maintenance staff.

Many of the Wanderers squad had to turn down the invitation because of international commitments or pre-booked family hols.

Lee told The Sun: "We all know about this perception of Nicolas as being a loner but since he joined us in August 2006 he has bought into the team ethic and made a lot of friends.

"I cannot fault his attitude. This fantastic gesture shows how much he enjoys being at the club.

"The ceremony will be private but the celebrations will go on for some time - and we're all prepared to do our bit!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so disruptive and a bad influence icon_frown.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually heard a radio thing where a journalist admitted to never having read a book before.

Probably not the only one.

Although I highly doubt anyone could go through life without ever reading a book whatever they do. So in that case they'd probably just join the even larger list of journalists who regularly lie through their teeth.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The Hammers are to launch a £4m bid for Manchester United winger Kieran Richardson. (The Sun) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sounds great for united icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

£4m is a steal. I'd have gone as high as £6m for them to take him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

is there a list of the united preseasons this summer anyway? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

asia tour, inter home (aug 1st), doncaster away (aug 3rd), peterboro away (aug 4th), community shield (aug 5th), glentoran away (aug 8th), dunfermline away (aug 8th). now the final game of the asia tour has been cancelled there might be another one in there somewhere.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

DIE RICHARDSON DIE RICHARDSON DIE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You bored, sunshine ? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

he's been linked with Spurs and Bolton, nothing particularly concrete though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ty, Nick. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"I can only say that United will be stronger because they have signed two great players.

"Anderson and Nani are phenomenons and the side will be improved a lot by their participation."

Ronaldo added: "I'm really happy that I will have Nani and Anderson as team-mates. They will be very welcome at Manchester United." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

as long as he's happy then i'm happy...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">where is Rincon now? and why has he turned united down </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Inter Milan, was on loan at Empoli last season.

Apparently years ago when the deal went down it was up to Rincon when the time came if he wanted to move or not, and when the time cam he didn't want to move to Portugal

from what i've heard i don't think we ever actually signed him in any kind of official way. guy i know is very in with the youth coaches/scouts at united and says when he mentioned Rincon to them all he got was blank looks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ladders:

I work in the Football industry and work closely with Manchester United, its the biggest unkept secret that Wayne Rooney will be wearing no. 10 next season, with Owen Hargreaves taking the number 8 shirt due to the lack of low numbers at United. Ferguson doesn't want to see Hargreaves in the no. 10 shirt as its not suited to his type of role and Wayne Rooney follows in the steps of Sparky Hughes, Sir David Beckham, Teddy Sheringham and Ruud van Nistelrooy wearing the coveted no 10.

Add it now if you like, but its a done deal! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i dunno, i think things are a bit more concrete with the twins - they've been over here to train at Carrington on a couple of occasions, they've spoken in the press about looking forward to joining us etc. don't think that was the case with Rincon.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

is that ACTUALLY it though?

looks a bit better. get rid of this season's **** crest </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love this season's **** crest.

it looks just like that one that has been going around for ages with Rooney modelling it - everyone's passed that one off as one that got overlooked last season, be interesting if it actually is real.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Google seems to suggest that that kit might be real. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, thats actually the only kit that seems to be on the internet.

So either everyones fallen for it, or its real.

I've seen a differant one of Rooney modelling. Its pretty similar to last seasons except for the AIG logo being a mre rounded one instead of the square. Where's the pic of that which was going around last week icon_confused.gif

Archived