The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Cantona & simply the best football advert ever icon_cool.gif

yes, better than his 'Au Revoir' and the Nike Airport one.

imo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love Denilson's face (think it's Denilson) after Carlos scores his goal in that advert icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Yeah. icon_mad.gif

A massive jump from £190 to £627. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really shouldn't laugh but welcome to the real world little man.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Gerrard & Carragher sign on </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From Sky. I just giggled like a schoolboy here in work. People wondering why i'm chuckling.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RSB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

No mentions of Kleberson? For shame. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Always thought Kleb could've been amazy. Stupid bloody shoulder. Still can't recall a game when he was actually bad, just always crocked and struggling to get into an awesome midfield. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome aboard the "Kleberson wasn't as bad as everyone made out" bandwagon icon14.gif

I was actually surprised when he left considering the part he had played pre-season & the fact he was actually looking the part. Scored a couple of goals too.

But yeah my post wasn't entirely serious. There have been much more shocking departures than Kleberson... Djemba x2 for a start icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Yeah. icon_mad.gif

A massive jump from £190 to £627. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Do you have to pay it or will your Dad?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Yeah. icon_mad.gif

A massive jump from £190 to £627. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Do you have to pay it or will your Dad? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me. I cba with college so I am doing a plumbing apprentership, I will be on like £100 a week. icon_frown.gif

My Dad will pay for the £627, but I'll have to give him £33 for each home game. A third of my weeks wage to watch United, ffs.

I'll want to do a lot of aways next season too.

Yeah. icon_mad.gif

icon_biggrin.gif

next up - taxes icon14.gif

taxes afs.

Watching that 3 on 3 nike advert I reckon united would so win a 3 on 3 tournament against all the clubs, we would be so icon_cool.gif.

Ronaldo, Rooney, Anderson. Or Nani/Giggs/Evra. Id probably wouldnt put Vidic inside a steal cage, no one would come out alive.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Fergie's said Jonny Evans is staying with us next season apparently. pretty much guarantees one of the 'senior' defenders is going. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Yeah. icon_mad.gif

I really shouldn't laugh but welcome to the real world little man. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You bought one, Jonny ?

Yeah. icon_mad.gif

I really shouldn't laugh but welcome to the real world little man. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Says the guy who wont buy a ST himself as "getting tickets will be easy"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

I think it more guarentees Pique will not be back, another season on loan for Pique and Rossi icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Evans will essentially replace Gaby, still a decent chance Pique will replace Silvestre. and if we don't sign a striker then Rossi will definitely be back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

Says the guy who wont buy a ST himself as "getting tickets will be easy" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, it ain't exactly hard, tbh. Only a few games I missed last season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

Says the guy who wont buy a ST himself as "getting tickets will be easy" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, it ain't exactly hard, tbh. Only a few games I missed last season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

be harder now that martin refuses to get any one any tickets

I'd like to think fergie would allow two of the senior defenders to go to allow Evans and Pique to make the step up, if silv and gabby to go then we are left with:

gaz, wes, rio, sheasy, vida, evra as senior experienced players and evans and pique as fill ins.

Quite like the look of that tbf.

an xi next season of: big ben, pique, evans, vida, evra, carrick, fletcher, ronaldo, rooney, nani, anderson with an average age of about 13 would be qg icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Dimitar, this is the third year in which we meet during the spring; last year, you were excited about the start of your first season in Tottenham Hotspur, it seems now that you are about to join Man Utd.

Now I am thinking about the return match against Belarus and after that I'll have a rest. After that we'll see...

Still, are you close to United?

Yes, in fact I am. They are now on the TV and I am very close to it. That's how close I am to them.

Do you want to play in Man Utd?

I am a happy man in Tottenham. The club gives me everything I need to feel nice with them, and I actually do. As to United, of course I like Sir Alex's team. Their style is attacking and pleasant to watch, and it coincides with my own style of playing football. Giggs, Scholes and Rooney are fantastic players and that fast guy Cristiano Ronaldo on the right side is a magician with the ball, he plays football from another planet. Of course, it would be a pleasure for me to play with these guys; they simply know how to have fun on the pitch.

Have you been contacted by Ferguson already?

No, I haven't.

When will you be able to name yourself a United player?

I think I answered this question already. I'm a happy man in my present club.

How did you adapt to the your new team Tottenham Hotspur?

I was warmly welcomed the guys accepted me as one of them from the first. I haven't felt isolated from the team even for a second. In the changing room at our stadium we have a sign which says: "There are no stars in Tottenham, the team is the big star." And this is what the atmosphere in the team is - we support and trust each other.

Has fame changed you?

I don't think so. Yeah, I like being famous, it's nice, but I haven't changed much.

Let's come home for a while. Do you think we'll qualify for Euro'08?

I believe we will. We have our chances, all we need is a little luck.

Has the atmosphere in the team changed since Stoichkov walked out and Stoilov came in?

The atmosphere is good, but it was good during Stoichkov's time as well. You see, now the coach is playing cards with the players... they are laughing, we groove together. My impressions of Stoilov are that he knows how to break the monotony of the training sessions. Obviously, he gained some good experience in the Champions League.

What were Stoichkov's mistakes?

I can't comment on his mistakes. He knows what he did wrong. Maybe he made too many enemies too fast and they turned him as black as sin. This reflected on the climate in the team. I can only say that Stoichkov treated the players well.

Can you surpass him as a player?

Hardly anybody will ever surpass Stoichkov on the pitch. He is the only Bulgarian who won European Champion Clubs' Cup with FC Barcelona, the Golden Ball of the France Football Magazine and many other football awards.

Yes, but a possible transfer in United can be your trampoline to higher goals.

For now this is in the sphere of possibilities. My goal for now is to score more goals for the national team than he did. I'm 26 now and I have a lot of time in front of me. If I play well, the cups will come naturally. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

loving the direct line of questioning. sounds like he was being interviewed by the Bulgarian Jeremy Paxman

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Still, are you close to United?

Yes, in fact I am. They are now on the TV and I am very close to it. That's how close I am to them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's an awesome reply icon_biggrin.gif Berbs ifb

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

And Martin wasn't my main source. icon_razz.gif

But, yeah, you're right. ST ftw. \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you forget the amount of moaning from jonny about tickets or lack off, particulary cup final one when he knew full well that only if i was fit enough would i of skipped it for my running

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

christ wheres that from? icon_biggrin.gif

cant believe they were that direct, i almost feel sorry for big berbs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a Bulgarian paper/magazine afaik

Yeah. icon_mad.gif

I missed one game all season which I was available for. To me that says getting tickets is easy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

try to get them without martin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Martin is my bitch & will continue to be so for a long while yet.

Tickets really aren't that hard to get. I don't have a season ticket & I think Martin & Nick are the only two people in here who went to more games than me this season?

Oh & James you cannot just come in & start pimping my whores, get your own.

Tickets really aren't that hard to get. I don't have a season ticket & I think Martin & Nick are the only two people in here who went to more games than me this season?

Oh & James you cannot just come in & start pimping my whores, get your own. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AHEM

Nah, I'm just saying that given that all you've done over the last 6 months is slag him off, and we know getting tickets has sometimes been a pain in the arse for him, I don't think you should be surprised if he turns round and says do it yourself?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Oh & James you cannot just come in & start pimping my whores, get your own. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AHEM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right enough. I saw Si at all the games I went to, iirc. Not sure about you, though. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

AHEM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right enough. I saw Si at all the games I went to, iirc. Not sure about you, though. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not going to go through every game of the season & check if I was there but yeah I went to pretty much every game I was able to was my point.

I missed Chelsea & I missed the cup final which isn't bad. Those are the two I missed out on that I can remember.

Went to a record number of domestic aways too this season. None of which I had to beg tickets for, I was offered.

Oh & everyone slags Martin off, it's what we do icon14.gif

you've taken it to a different level dude. Seriously, it's been very noticable. Most of us take the p*ss on occasions but it's not the only thing we do. Dunno what your interactions are like off the board (away from the wall) , but certainly on here you come across as a bit of an arse when it comes to martin.

Missed 2 home games. (wasn't in the country)

Went to 6 away games.

icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This isn't a best fan argument. I was pointing out that I got a ticket for pretty much every game I wasn't in work/on holiday for.

Can I have some examples of when I have made Martin cry himself to sleep?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

tbf he does jonny a fair whack of cash as far as i know and should continue doin jonny favours while he owes him money.

but also jonny just get a ST there are loads about on RI sanc ill hook u up if u want/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oi what about me, Martin owes me mor ethan jonny yet i dont take the **** anywhere near as much

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

tbf he does jonny a fair whack of cash as far as i know and should continue doin jonny favours while he owes him money.

but also jonny just get a ST there are loads about on RI sanc ill hook u up if u want/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oi what about me, Martin owes me mor ethan jonny yet i dont take the **** anywhere near as much </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasnt talkin about takin the ****, i was talkin about getting tickets.

Jonnys endless takin the **** is just to make up for the fact he isnt as good looking as mart imho so has to try and put him down make himself feel better.

Archived