The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Young Jimlad, are you a match going red by chance? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I get up when I can.

Was difficult last season, only got to two games, but this season should make more when certain work related circumstances change.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Man Utd chief: Hargreaves remains on shopping list

Manchester United won't rule out trying for Bayern Munich midfielder Owen Hargreaves in January.

United chief David Gill told BBC Radio 5 Live's Sportsweek show: "Owen was on record as being very interested in coming to us and we were clearly very interested in Owen.

"He is a player we have had on the list for quite a while, actually.

"Obviously Bayern were very keen - and are very keen - to keep him. We will have to see.

"If that situation does not change, then obviously we will not acquire Owen.

"But Bayern have indicated to me that they will let us know if the situation changes and at that point, we hopefully can consummate a deal.

"These things do not just happen on January 1, one has discussions around the year on these particular transactions."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mart theres still hope!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A sheppard herds the sheep:

worst game i went to but funniest was the porto one when the knocked us out of the CL and a scholes goal was disallowed icon_mad.gif the fans (me included) started chanting "The referees a ******!!!" icon_biggrin.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:///

was SO angry at that game

Phil icon_mad.gif Inevitable icon_frown.gif

alright, so do you think the stuff like that foreword are closer to fergie's genuine opinion and now he's just singing the "company tune"? or do you think the pro-fans stuff he said and things like that foreword were just PR (got paid for it?) and he's really never given a **** either way so long as his bank balance keeps ticking over?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

How come? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He doesn't want anyone sitting next to him, enabling him to make his escape at the 80 minute mark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was a distinct lack of leaving early jibes at the wall on Saturday icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No point if he's not hung around to hear them?

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't think it was possible, but this board has reached a new low.

unbelievable. what a **** you are.

If you had half a brain you would know not to bring it here.

Now **** OFF

I'd feel a bit sorry for Cathy?

Is there room for another statue?

**** OFF

The internet gives people an anonymity that gets abused sometimes.

For the record..I hold you in the same regard as the bloke who took pictures of Sir Matt in his coffin.

You sad, sad little boy.

Fergie may have made some real clangers lately, football and non football

BUT this guy is probably the reason you support United.

****WIT

Dick head

Go get aids boy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

its really not

GIVEN that we qualify, I would really like Ruud to score. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes but the bottom line is any ruud goal is going to put us qualifying in jeopardy. if you think we're going to be 5-1 up and ruud is going to score a gracious consolation goal then fair enough. but we all know any ruud goal, especially at old trafford, would potentially cause us massive problems

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When you take out the class of 92 it is sad that we havent produced a world beater or even anyone good enough to hold down a spot in the first 11 but i have hope that Rossi and Evans will make their mark with Pique also playing a big role.

O'Shea did look like he could be a world beater in 02/03. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The other version:

Lille dispatched.Check, (the 1st leg at leasticon_biggrin.gif) Wins at Fulham and Liverpool see us 12 pts clear. CheckLeague form sparkling. Chelsea just about keeping up. Arsenal hammered in the FA Cup semi. Real Madrid beaten (Ruud misses penalty). 4-0 at the Boo Camp seals the title, with a dead rubber at the Bridge to celebrate this time at Stamford Bridge. The reserves relegate West Ham, a 2-0 half time deficit is turned around at Wembley as Citeh’s 1st trophy for 31 years is snatched away bluuuuuue moon, you started singing too soon…. Athens, scousers, sccchhhhhhhhhooooooooooollllllllllllleeeeeeeeesssssssssss!!!!, 3-0 we won it 3 tiiiiiiiiiimes </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Arsenal out the cup means it's probably Chelsea that get stuffed in the semi.

Other than that, to coin a phrase... IT'S ON icon_mad.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Heh, Motsonisms. Up until about a year ago, he couldn't describe any action involving Wayne Rooney without the mention of his age, eg:

'Here's Rooney, the 19 year old, A CHANCE FOR GLORY!'

Usually said when Wayne took a couple of touches on the half way line.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

Giggs 4?

well it's true though i don't know who assited as i usually was too distracted by the awsome goals and scoreline icon_biggrin.gif

Did Heinze get 1 or 2? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

None.

Carrick, Smudge, Rooney, Ronnie, Ronnie, Carrick and Evra. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe he meant assists Eddie.

I'd reduce Leeds a tiny notch, especially if they're in League One next season. Maybe even reduce City - theirs should certainly by higher than ours.

Is there really that much of a difference between Chelsea and Arsenal? Depending on what happens at the end of this season, that may have to be changed a fair bit.

I'd reduce Everton slightly.

Can you add Celtic?

Let's have a shirt discussion \o/

92-94 home >>>>>>>>>>> *

88 home pretty classic too.

My favourite away is the white one we wore in the CWC final but I don't remember it too much apart from that. Our white away at the moment is pretty fb as well.

I had a copy of the blue Rumbelow's cup final shirt on my birthday cake icon_cool.gif

• 3 weeks later...

right, few cup final logistical matters:

this plan to drive to Euston and then get the train - i've been saying it all week and have been ignored (same old story icon_frown.gif), it's a RUBBISH plan. heading into london to get the train back out, on cup final day? madness. much better to head to somewhere like Watford or Harrow & Wealdstone and get the train from there - will save ourselves loads of time that would otherwise be spent in traffic. sort it aht

also, apparently all pubs in the area are going to close an hour before kick-off so if we want another tipple or three after 2pm we need to plan ahead - either bring some of the beer from the car, or Phil has said there's an Ikea just up the road from Wembley - map - which sells Kopparberg. so yeah, just putting that out there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Man United may scrap securitization plans

By Elena Moya

LONDON (Reuters) - Closely watched plans by Manchester United to borrow against future ticket sales could be scrapped in favour of more flexible debt options, a person familiar with the situation said on Monday.

The top club in England's Premier League has appointed Royal Bank of Scotland and Deutsche Bank to start working on a securitization, or the wrapping of its 663 million pounds of debt into a bond, using future ticket sales as collateral.

But now, Manchester United and the controlling Glazer family, is also considering a quick leveraged recapitalization, similar to the one it carried out last August, under which the most expensive debt tranches would be eliminated, increasing senior debt, the source said.

"Securitization is cheaper, but it has less flexibility than bank debt," said the source, who requested anonymity.

A securitization can place more restrictions on how a company operates than bank debt and may be easier to negotiate with bank lenders than bondholders, if necessary. Securitizations also generally have longer maturities than bank debt.

The change in capital structure is aimed at reducing the hefty interest costs that came with the loans that financed Malcolm Glazer's 790-million pound acquisition in 2005.

Manchester United's 150 million pound second-lien debt tranche costs as much as 500 basis points above the London Interbank Offered Rate (Libor), while the 375 million pounds of senior debt cost between 212.5 and 275 basis points above Libor.

German club Schalke 04 recently signed a debt deal costing just 160 basis points above Libor, another source familiar with the deal said.

Manchester United also has 138 million pounds of PIK notes, which charge a stinging 14.25 percent fixed interest rate. This tranche was reduced last year from 338 million pounds.

A decision may be taken soon, although talks between the club and its financial advisers about a securitization are proceeding, the source said.

Manchester United declined to comment.

The Manchester United securitization, which is being closely watched by other clubs, could be the catalyst for other similar transactions, bankers say, as investor appetite for soccer financing deals increases.

The Premier League has doubled its sales to 2 billion euros in five years, with matches being broadcast in more than 200 countries.

U.S. corporate giant General Electric , whose finance unit has over $230 billion (117 billion pounds) assets under management, recently said it would beef up its presence in European soccer deals.

Clubs are increasingly in need of financing as they build new stadiums and face soaring players' salaries. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glazers are good though icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Have the club made any announcements about marking the 40th anniversary of the 68 win?

It might be the last major landmark when the majority of the players are still about…and the club will be looking for any excuse to have a nice mid-season friendly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The current squad versus the old squad? icon_biggrin.gif

Archived