The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

Right hae now moved into new house, but no internet until next week(at my parents at the mo) and having scanned the last 7 pages since I last was on , here's my take on it all.

Ronaldo/Rooney Situation

I can't belive there are so many of you guys calling for Ronnies head, what he did is part of the game we love these days and happens all the time on the continent. As far as him and rooney, the club wasn't involved at all and I'm sure that both of them with 'forgive and forget' and will hopefully both try to out do each other on the pitch this season. As far as you guys having a go at Ronnie, did you guys have a go at Beckham in '98? Did you guys have a go at Keane in '02? No , so I say get behind the lad and any of you guys think we should sell him please please please let me know who you would replace him with cause I can't think of one player in our price range who we could buy.

Hargreaves to United

Truth be told before this tournament , I wasn't his biggest fan, but I think a lot of that is to do with how he has been played for England (Right Back, Right Wing etc) which aren't his position. As long as we get another Centre midfieler who his a good passer of the ball (Carrick) I think Hargreaves would do a great job as the 'holding plyer' and is still pretty young.

Rossi icon_cool.gif

and whilst wer'e in the spirit:

Things I want to happen

Majority of United fans get behind Ronaldo

To be the most hated team in England 'Again' icon14.gif

Sign Hargreaves/Mascherano

Keep Ruud/Sign Torres

Ronaldo & Rooney to shove all the hate down the oppostion fans throat to lift his first league title's.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Swindon Jimbo:

my friend just text me saying malcome glazer has died. Anyone know anything or is he tricking me. Appologies if so </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's not that beloved by some on here so while the apology is generally good form its not as necessary as you might think.

Dunno if its true or not mind, haven't checked the news sites or anything.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davehanson:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">right from the scandal then. targets???

id say the only realistic ones are vieira, buffon, maybe ibra or bojinov or frey. (toni = inter)

the ones i want are buffon.

the ones we'll get are...none.

instead we'll go for kuscysycsyzk ffs! devilfire </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Frey is a Parma player just on load, so he'll go back there.

Perhaps worth a look at Trezeguet, Camorinese and Cannavaro. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

arrogant so and so tbh. would scream if he signed. trez past it. cannavaro fb but hell go madrid i guarnatee

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wakeyrocket:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

I never realised this waheyrocket chap was a manc, slighly redresses the manc/scouse **** ratio on OTF </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This bloke really gripes me, go and stand outside Highbury & **** away at what used to be because you'll never see any silverware at your new ground. Now SC has left & Ashley Cole is on his way you'll be a foreign legion in the EPL you should be ashamed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You still haven't responded to my Johnson post, about his in ability to score goals icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Scholes plays the ball to Simpson down the right, Simpson cuts it back to Fletcher who hits the first man with his cross but the ball comes back to him. Second cross is whacked 40 miles in the air and gets nowhere near any United player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You show em, Daz.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> ballague said torres rejected a move to milan (6million euors a year) as he wants to come to man utd, man utd hav told athletico to be patient as we will be offering 37 milliom euros, torres wants to come here, and ruud is definitely goin, capello sees him as a priority. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Honestly Silvestre has all the basic attributes to be a great defender apart from the fact he just isnt alert enough.

When he's playing well, he's playing well... but his mind wanders off and he does something inexplicably suicidal too often for my liking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He handballs in the area about once every three games. No matter how good a defender you are you can't iron over lapses like that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Originally posted by BBB:

Fans that will pay loads for a ticket and just sit there and do nothing all game, then leave 15 mins early

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I HATE people like that icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

Well if they dont, looks like ronaldo will be out on his ear soon </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he dont turn up with his mother ffs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

I'm the only proper manc in here. Born in Manchester, live in Manchester. Flaming glory hunters. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*cough*

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

The ends do not always justify the means I find. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I completely agree. Football is very much not this black and white art it is made out to be in here. Argentina are not world cup winners despite looking world beaters. United are through, lets see what happens.

Russell Bearsmore turned out to be not very good.

• 4 weeks later...

from the MEN:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But the United manager appears to have no regrets over the failure of three of his four South American signings to make their mark at Old Trafford.

Argentinian defender Gabriel Heinze has been a success, but midfielders Seba Veron and Kleberson, and striker Diego Forlan never hit the heights after pulling on the Red shirt.

But Ferguson says he still holds Forlan, now doing well at Villarreal, in high regard.

"I told him we were selling him too cheaply when we let him go. Two great feet, great movement, an intelligent boy with plenty of languages.

"It was just a shame for him we were playing one up front back then and he couldn't really get it going with Ruud van Nistelrooy. He got disillusioned in the end.

"With Veron you just can't deny or dismiss his talent, but at every single club he played for, they ended up playing him wide right. He's such a free spirit that you end up losing your shape with him in the middle, but he'd still run all day long.

"Kleberson just did not have the personality to be a United player - he never opened his mouth. It wasn't his physique that was the problem. Again, he had good ability and again he could run all day. Too quiet." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fergie clearly a big fan of people who'll run all day long. expect a bid for Paula Radcliffe any day now

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't know if any of you have heard about his, but i thought it was worth a mention just in case.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Victim 'injected' in arm by woman

A woman was treated in hospital after apparently being injected in the arm by a woman who asked her for money in a Manchester shopping area.

The 32-year-old victim was walking on King Street at about 1800 GMT on Friday when she was approached by a woman.

She gave her some change but the offender then grabbed her arm and scratched it with an unknown implement.

The woman immediately felt unwell and was taken to Fairfield Hospital for treatment, but was later discharged.

Police are urging people to be on their guard when approached by strangers wanting money.

Anyone with information is urged to contact police or Crimestoppers.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BBC Website

I'm going shopping in Manchester tomorrow too!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Just seen that Mitchell Bryant is a -9 in FM icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not any more he isn't.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

I actually think Ruud's conducted himself with quite a bit of dignity since he left. The same can be said of Beckham tbh.

Still doesn't change the fact that Fergie was clearly right to sell him icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wrong wrong wrong wrong, wrong wrong wrong wrong

you're wrong

you're wrong

you're wrong </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

kings no comeback

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the summer we are signing Nani, Barnes, Hargreaves and berbatov, i'm sure of it. Team complete.

GK: Van Der Sar, Foster, Kuszczak

DF: Neville, Brown, Pique, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, Evra, Heinze, Silvestre, O'Shea

MD: Ronaldo, Park, Scholes, Carrick, Hargreaves, Fletcher, Barnes, Giggs, Nani

FW: Rooney, Saha, Berbatov, Rossi, Solskjaer, Smith

What a team that would be. In the days of the PLC maybe. icon_frown.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

nick, you don't have to be at that stage to go to fc - plenty do both to satisfy their needs. having a mistress, you might say. she doesn't make the same demands of you and is fully aware of the full time commitments you have with the other half. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nice work icon_biggrin.gif

yeah, i see your point. i should make more of an effort to get along really, there's just something about only going to games when there are no big united commitments that doesn't appeal - feels a bit part-time maybe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there's plenty that do the same. no need to feel part time but that's up to you, how you feel.

like when we played maine road on easter monday, 3600 there, which is much larger than our average attendance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't know, the first half against Roma was some of the best one touch, attacking football I have seen us play. The only period imo this season which matched it was the first half against Bolton.

I went with the Roma game as the end result was so much better AND it was on arguably the biggest stage in club football. Made everyone around the world who hadn't already noticed sit up and take note of the kind of football we've been playing this season. I wouldn't be surprised if that performance played a part in us landing Anderson and Nani.

Anelka has always been a trouble maker at clubs hes been with. Kinda takes himself to be bigger then club. Fergie doesn't like that sort of thing.

We need somone like Villa in replace of Sahas.

We can sell Sahas for 8milliom. Richarson for 4.

Put up another 5mill and get Torres or Villa for 17mill.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">5 August v Chelsea (Wembley) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone else bored enough to do the annual "is the charity shield a friendly or not" debate, or shall we wait until nearer the time? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's a debate?

Don't go all scouse on us Mark and call it a proper competitive game... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm firmly in the "friendly" camp. It's just that the counter argument gets brought up because goals are often included in players tally's for the season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually yeah they are often aren't they? I blame FM for fostering this wholely false image.

But it's blatently a friendly, no-one takes it seriously. Even Eric Djemba-Djemba looked good in one Charity Shield for god's sake.

Archived