The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

1977 Cup Final on Sky Channel 442 at 10pm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GREENHOFF!

(*Hopes he remembered his United history correctly...*)

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

It's Fergies fault.

If he hadn't have argued with the Coolmore two over that fakking horse, they wouldn't have sold there shares. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeh, if it wasn't for that they would have kept their shares FOREVER.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

Because if Park steps up we have a number 1 winger waiting, and so a new winger would be required to replace Giggs still. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can't make a decision on a winger now based on whether Park steps up or not, as you won't know that until we're into the season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well then we need a winger to replace Giggs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wakeyrocket:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Btw, the flipside to this potential 'Duff to Spurs' move that no-one seems to have mentioned: £10m~ on him, £10.9m on Berbatov, £6-7m on Zokora and talk of further additions - surely that would mean Carrick was off? Either that or they've won the Euromillions and kept it very quiet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't they get a new shirt sponsor which freed money up for summer signings? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well everyone in their thread suggests that they won't need to sell, so...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Craig[EVE]:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Evertonians popping in to gloat, I remember when this happened before icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Calm before the storm icon_wink.gif

Anything i can do to help? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Buy Miller & Fletcher - what we need is to clear out a few midfielders icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

My way is probably through MUST, rather than boycotting products. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had a lot of shares when it was SU and went to a meeting prior to the takeover. But then I moved down to London and it all petered out a bit.

I assume they're doing the phoenix fund thing now?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markgood guy:

you need to understand, i dont like barton anymore then you do. but i am honest enough to

admit that he is the kind of player we need, yes he has issues but he has drive and he is agood player and i think he can develop and yes he reminds me of Roy keane and i think he is agood player and i dont care what you say . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*Feints*

Really have no idea why the Sponsors would only want English talent. I know we have to have 'Home' players in the European 'A-list' squad, but Hargreaves wouldn't qualify for that anyway, and why the Sponsors would be dictating that I don't know.

So it probably is the owners, and considering the Glazers are my puppets, expect them to move for Klose later this weekend.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Left-back: Chelsea > United = Arsenal > Liverpool </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Nick but Aurelio and Riise are level with Arsenal's LB's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, Aurelio's gash and Riise's better going forward. Warnock not even worth mentioning. If Clichy can get fit and with Gallas able to step in if needs be, Arsenal look better to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clichy has never really proved himself. He's showed signs of promise but to say he's better than Riise based on the potential he's shown is foolish.

Gallas is undoubtedly a great defeneder, and a good signing, but he's not a LB, no matter how much he can adjust to the role.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

I still don't think we have a hope in hell of the title yet, so Chelsea all the way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well we won't do if the other "top four" teams don't take points off of chelsea.

you're right, we're at millions for the title, but it'd be nice if chelsea stumble abit early doors and have to play under some genuine pressure during the second half of the season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True.

I know we have started well but lets not lose sight of the fact that Liverpool and Arsenal will hit back and Chelsea seem to have picked up a bit since the Boro game. Nobody here gave us a hope pre-season and now because of winning 4 games people are talking like a title battle is already on.

I'll see in December. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah we aren't even going to challenge for the title this year. Enjoy your win next weekend btw.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Quick question.

If we won the league and the Glazer twats came onto the pitch and held the trophy above their heads, would you cheer them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they wouldn't dare

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Macallan:

Woohoo, what a great weekend. Just returned from Manchester. Great game, good atmosphere. Was located in the East Stand, last time I was allacoted a seat in Stretford End. Score should have been bigger. Game died when Ronaldo and Rooney were taken off, although Fletch tried to make a good impression. No comments about JOS however. Had a beer in the pub on the Corner.

Some guys (one of them with 7 tattood on his back)were singing all the time and the rest of the pub followed immediatley. Brilliant!!

Did the Museum and stadion tour today. The George Best Shrine was nice to see. Also spend 204 quid in the shop. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats not perhaps something you should be pleased with tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Best an Cantona DVD, Away and home shirt (one for me and on as gift) and these two : http://store.manutd.com/stores/manutd/products/product_...&cid=3969&tid=&bid=0

http://store.manutd.com/stores/manutd/products/product_...&cid=2117&tid=&bid=9

• 2 weeks later...

Oh MoM...

MoM: Cristiano Ronaldo

2nd: Paul Scholes (Was very close between the two)

And whats with the Saha bashing? Yeah he is a bit poor one on one but whats with acting like he is rubbish and all this talk about Ruud?

The simple fact is Saha is having a very good season and the team is a lot better with him than without.

Don't know about them closing the turnstiles, but there were certainly more in there that should have been. A couple of lads in front of us and another behind had jibbed in, so I assume that'd be the same for the rest of the section. There were rumours of 1,000 snide tickets doing the rounds too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm glad I wasnt the only one who thought O'Shea was actually half decent (certainly by his standards) yesterday... scatter almost convinced me to believe otherwise.... almost.

Also Rooney did fine I thought.. the flick on in the build up to Ronaldo's 1st for example. He just really really needs a goal somehow to get him 'going' again.

Newcastle tomorrow - he's bound to score icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Did we make any tactical changes at all in the game of any substance? We started the match to contain and maybe grab something on the break. We did that and then naturally fell back as Arsenal upped the pressure. Individual players like Evra making their own decisions to curb runs etc rather than Ferguson changing things led to us dropping deeper and deeper.

If we'd started the game in a more attacking frame of mind with a 442/4411 and then changed things when we scored it'd be more of a tactics issue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not at all. I think the way the game went from the start suggested the tactics were wrong, and our goal was against the run of play. Even if you consider we started correctly, not changing the tactics to address a changing match situation is just as bad as making the wrong changes. Doing nothing is a decision in itself. And there was certainly a change that at once highlighted the problems i was talking about and made them worse, which was breaking up the back 4 to take Ronaldo off and stick Evra in midfield. If that wasn't a clear indication that Fergie was endorsing the "hang onto what you've got" policy i don't know what is.

I vote that we kick the scouse sympathiser OUT. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now now do I have to quote your texts/posts from the game at the weekend?

• 2 weeks later...

What Nick said basically about the atmosphere and type of game it was today, glad we won but we were several notches short of coming anywhere near a decent performance. Luckily Charlton are pretty much utter pap, despite us being annoyingly wasteful for long periods.

Park, Fletch & Kanchelskis love icon14.gif

MOM is a tricky one today just because of the style of game, and almost everyone ****ed about at one point or another. I guess I remember thinking more often than not that Rio did pretty much everything right today, so I’ll give it to him. Second place I’m tempted to give to Larsson since he was quality when he came on, especially when he lobbed the ball way up in the air and then moved to receive it himself even though it wasn’t his original intention, but I actually think I’m going to give it to JSP, just for the work he put in and the fact that he was involved in a few of our better moves and the goal as well. But given that we weren’t putting a whole lot of cohesive stuff together I could quite easily given it to one of a few other players.

MOM: Rio Ferdinand

2ND: JSP

More moderate rotation for Reading next week. Saha to play some part just to get him back in the swing of things a bit more before Lille, Ole/Larsson to be involved as well. Fletch & JSP to start again. Gabby in for Evra. Don’t think any of that’s out of the question.

Finally, glad in some respects that we’ve got three away fixtures after the cup game, even if they are tricky because the pitch looked **** today and it could do with some rehab.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

HA, pick and choose.

I've applied for every away game this season, got chubbed for all but 2 and got tickets from other avenues. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Portsmouth at home in the cup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just incase you're having trouble reading fella.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

no ronaldo no rooney no saha no scholes no giggs no neville and no evra in that game please </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no vidic no rio no larsson no carrick

who does that leave?

Richardson, O'Shea, Fletcher, Brown and Ole versus Europe icon_cool.gif

• 1 month later...

haha, didn't realise o'shea scored icon_biggrin.gif

I stormed out when the 2nd went in </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah James lost his clean sheet record icon_biggrin.gif after a mom performance he did a typical James **** up, shame he couldn't do it earlier, I knew he was going to be awesome today.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cooldude0007:

park is falling behind in the fifa poll icon_frown.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.gif

but i cut 6% of the vote by votting 8-10 times icon_cool.gif

come on vote for park lots of times </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not unless the link gets posted again. icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davidbowie:

We should keep Rossi at United and play him, if we don't we risk losing him to an Italian team. Why we would be interested in Anelka when we already have Rossi (especially with the "Smith Leaving" rumours) is beyond me. Plus it's unlikely to have any more money spent on the team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Carlos Q didn't mention him when he talked about our attacking line up for the next 10 years. He said Rooney, Ronaldo, Nani, and Anderson would be a FB attack.

Rossi's going to be sold, i know it icon_frown.gif.

Archived