The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnzy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Rooney will have a pop at him in training and then it'll be forgotten. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like the RVN-Ronaldo was forgotton. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ronaldo has come out and said it was nothing, so yeah.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

That's a tad harsh. He certainly wasn't the reason we DIDN'T win trophies. In fact he won us quite a few games/points in Europe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He wasnt the reason no. But the way people are acting, it's like we're losing the most successful player to ever play for the club.

I'd much prefer to have a Striker at the club who scores maybe 20 goals a season and helps us to win the Premier League and the European cup than one who scores 30 goals and helps us win the FA Cup.

Who knows what will happen and maybe we'll not win a sausage and be even less successful without Ruud. But i'm not going to cry over him going.

Yes, he's a legend, yes i'll remember him as a Legend, but he's on his way out. We'll find a new striker to be hero worshipped. It's happened before, it'll happen again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Is the impression i'm getting at the minute correct, that people are worried that this is distracting us from getting other players in? Because if that's the case, i think it's a groundless fear. I don't think trying to conduct more than one deal at a time would be any problem at all.

If it's the money issue, that's fair enough, that's my concern also. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you're being too generous...

Nah, it's mainly the money issue, plus a bit of irrational frustration that the only deal we're hearing about is a fairly unimportant, arguable needless one.

44 days until the transfer window shuts now...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

sicko icon13.gifjpshakehead.sml.gif

something more moderate like a curse would have been acceptable </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blaine becoming a Glazerite icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fazpac:

Im still worried that fergie isnt fussed about getting a new striker on board. Its a bit dangerous to rely too much on Saha and Ole. Rossi, i think, needs a year on loan to a premiership side. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Smith?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Look, I won BOTU, User of the Year and this thread's hearts without a question mark. I can do it again icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You ever watch the tour de france? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That explains it. If you did, you'd see that the descent back down the mountain happens far quicker than the initial climb up it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Phfft, not if you're like that Landis chap </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Drugs are not the answer icon15.gif

And from what Mart says, there's no danger of you naturally having too much testosterone icon_frown.gif

Meanwhile, to get Taz onside merely slate new signings before they've even played \O/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I slated Carrick before hed even signed. icon_cool.gif

United have until Friday to sign Villarreal's Marcos Senna.

The midfielder's agent, Elis Coimbra, wants United to firm up their interest by the end of this week, or Senna will remain a Villarreal player.

Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed his interest in the Spanish midfielder two weeks ago, but as yet no deal has materialised.

"If we have not received confirmation from United by Friday then the deal is off and the player will remain in Villarreal," said Coimbra.

"We have been in contact for a number of weeks but we have not been able to come to an agreement.

"I have spoken much with Ferguson and Queiroz and they are confident, but the problems are in getting the okay from the owners."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

maybe we couldnt afford his wages </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but wet sham can? no chance. none at all.

words cannot describe how p!ssed off i am at this.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Loans: Rossi off the mark

With the dust settling on United's latest spate of loan deals, ManUtd.com rounds up how the Reds' on-loan army fared over the weekend...

Giuseppe Rossi marked a sensational Parma debut with the only goal in a 1-0 win over Torino. The Italian U21 striker, who was outstanding throughout, beat four defenders before hammering in his late strike.

Phil Bardsley made his Aston Villa debut against Ben Foster's Watford as the Villans notched a first win since November against the Hornets. The Salford defender impressed, but Foster's heroics in goal stole the show - despite two late Villa goals sealing another defeat for Watford.

Gerard Pique turned in a solid performance for Real Zaragoza, but his side were held to a 0-0 draw by Recreativo Huelva to dent their Champions League aspirations.

Jonny Evans completed 90 minutes for Sunderland as Roy Keane's side moved to within goal difference of the Championship playoff zone, with a 4-2 win at Sheffield Wednesday.

Tim Howard marked his return to form with a clean sheet as Everton won 2-0 at struggling Wigan, courtesy of a second-half brace from Mikel Arteta.

Adam Eckersley helped Championship strugglers Barnsley to a much-needed 2-0 win at Luton Town to grab three priceless points in the Tykes' fight against relegation.

Danny Rose completed 90 minutes for Oxford in their 2-2 home draw with Grays, a result which keeps the Us three points off Conference leaders Dagenham & Redbridge.

Royal Antwerp were not in action, giving Fraizer Campbell, Darron Gibson, Ryan Shawcross and David Gray a weekend off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

strange night. Too amazed by the game to really care that we got knocked out. So much better than Monaco, Dortmund etc etc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly, the year before with Leverkusen I was so gutted, with the Madrid one I was proud of the team, and the game as a whole.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Some of us always wanted Fletch icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly.

Some people have always been too impatient or dismissive with him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe, back in those days my problem wasn't really with Fletcher but with Ferguson since he was the one insisting on using Fletcher on the right wing when it was obvious he wasn't up for it.

Now when he seems really improved he sends Wes in ffs icon_rolleyes.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

I concur. Hence why we should treat the FA Cup with disdain icon14.gif

We also HAVE to get the job done away in Lille. Leaving ourselves loads to do at OT just isn't an option. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We really should. We have shown this season that we are capable of playing the sort of football that could see us winning the Champions League. We now have to produce it in those matches where it matters.

1-1 vs. Reading in the FA Cup…

We so didn’t need a replay but Reading are a well drilled outfit and with their ultra-defensive tactics there’s only so much you can do in that situation.

Overall we weren’t terrible or anything but we did lack zip for the lack of a better term, even with Ronaldo playing. JSP was bright as well (please learn to finish before next season kthx).

Expected more from Carrick, Ole (both of whom were subdued) and more importantly Saha yesterday, fully behind the he needs to look interested camp with that one (if he doesn’t pick up I’ll start picketing OT with a “please stay Henke†banner).

Nothing especially wrong with Vidic/Silv(shock)/Gabby but I thought Wes put more work in going forward and some crucial work at the back as our best defender yesterday. TK as questionable as ever for me as well. No idea about AFFG since I haven’t seen a replay of it since, looked to be just terrible team marking tbh.

Dazzle our best player yesterday for me. More effort and more attempts to pick passes that could get us in to dangerous situations get him my vote. All subs on too late to do anything really.

MOM: Darren Fletcher

2ND: Wes Brown

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

oh f**k off you tit </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

wp knobber </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Start another one Nick, Mart's a jinx now icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

fo bbb you **** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

whs

BBB is a NONCE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

whs

BBB is a NONCE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wts

owes me a tenner aswell but pretended he didn't hear me saying it yesterday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

another loss then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

united thread turning against bbb. forming a lynch-mob to attack after the inevitable defeat AS WE SPEAK </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SCREW YOU

I now continue match thread duty

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

prefer to play Riooooo really, although don't want to risk either. but i guess one has to play other wise Sheasy and Wesley at CB doesn't really want to be contemplated.

Red Nev :*( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could go with

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Fletcher Brown Heinze O'Shea </pre>

As for Rio/Vidic in terms of risk of further injury, i would have thought Vidic can either play or not depending on the results of the scan. Groin injuries are much harder to assess, as was shown by Rio's last attempt at a comeback when they thought he was fit. If he's even remotely borderline, he shouldn't play imo.

• 2 weeks later...

What type of season has that Villareal midfielder that United "nearly" signed been having?

I'd love a couple of unexpected signings who come good really, like Vidic and Evra. It's more exciting in a way when they're not already household names or players who have been linked with United for ages.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by titchuk:

This Anderson guy any good then, if we've given up on Nani? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he rules, but isn't a winger. he's kaka mkII

Archived