The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Can't really see two United-class wingers able to come in this summer. May well be time to give Martin (not BBB) a chance to break into the team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We could try Button icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jenson? icon_confused.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Who wouldn't look forward to the eve of our big game against Reading? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe he's going down a day early to really savour the atmosphere? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah flying down to avoid the masses of traffic from the millions of fans that would be travelling to the Madjeski Stadium.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

i'll hate that red shirt forever. don't care what we win wearing it. it's basically a scouse strip. icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't worry about us winning anything in it.

[/Mika]

Be even funnier if they just announced the new shirt, then at the end everyone was sitting there expecting more and they just went off oblivious to all this rumour :/

actually that wouldn't be funny at all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

FULL TIME: Orlando Pirates 0-4 Manchester United

Goals: Solskjaer 4mins, 44mins; Richardson 58mins; Own Goal 62mins

Star Men: Foster, Scholes, Rossi & Solskjaer.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sheepah:

Been looking at that kit for 26 mins now, and I'm just as sure as I was 26 minutes ago that it is the worst Manyoo kit I've ever seen.

****ing awful :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Naw. It's not so bad, just wish it didn't bear as much resemblance to that old Liverpool shirt.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

um... i know i'm going to be crucified by a few peeps for this, but homo hair might not be a complete write off as a player for us after all... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to be thick, but there's that many bad haircuts in our squad now i need to ask. I take it you mean Richardson?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

Ashley Cole was better than Gerrard tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahaha icon_biggrin.gif

Cole was the worst player in the side during the group stage. Got better as the tournament went on though, but he was dire at first. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bizarre and wrong tbh. Robinson, Lampard and Owen were comfortably worse. He was our best player against Ecuador and one of the better players against Portugal. So yes, he was better than Gerrard.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

And Ronaldo, what a way to shut up the boo boys last night. Not one dive, only 2 million step overs, 1 assist and 2 goals. The lad loves shoving the boos down everyones throat. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This going down as his 2nd greatest performance ever, only behind the game against Millwall? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's a big game player, you can't deny that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

Oh man I read that completely wrong, I though he was going to miss that game /o\ FA afs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Siege mentalitys are for homos and joses though tbf.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

By the way, a footnote to the Rooney/Scholes bans:

Ade Akinbiyi was sent off at the weekend playing for Sheffield United away at Sparta Rotterdam. The incident was included in the match report by the referee, but then not sent on to the FA by the Dutch FA. Is it any wonder we feel a bit hard done by and that there's one rule for us and one for the rest? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Has there been any word on us putting any appeal together in response. We'd have a pretty good case for leniency in this instance I'd have thought. Not that it'd matter a jot to the F.A.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

We should snap up Diego Tristan on a free transfer really. He was CERTAIN to sign for us three or four years ago iirc. And players we wanted ages ago never deteriorate over time (c.f. Laurent Blanc). icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On that logic, it's the wrong David. David Hirst is the way forward icon14.gif

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by something less annoying:

So glad for that block feature </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

harsh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps we should all come to some kind of agreement whereby we block you for 24 hours after the Liverpool game, if we lose. Would save a lot of embarrassment, I'm sure icon_biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

It wasn't just "a" cup final. It was the League Cup Final.

Maybe he remembers as young Rutguerus watching the tear-jerking defeat by Sheffield Wednesday in the 91 Cup Final and then the sheer elation a year later as United overcame Forest in the 92 Rumbelows Cup final. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparently Rooney was devastated to be dropped for the Crewe game, and will be handing in a transfer request if he doesn't get to live out his dream of playing at Roots Hall in the next round.

yeah, that team does the trick for me. essential to have a senior player or two on the bench if we're serious about going through i think - arguably fergie's biggest error with the crewe game was having no experience to turn to.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Liverpool genuinely seem to have some of the most <STRIKE>deluded</STRIKE> optimistic supporters in the world. I remember the old 'why Le Tallec will be our Ronaldo' from a couple of years back, as well as a classic snippet from a premiership preview in a fanzine from circa 2003 which said (and I kid you not) 'there are only 6 world class players in the premiership - Liverpool have 3 of them'. Keane, Vieira, Henry, Gerrard, Owen and Kewell, for those that were wondering.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Exactly. People are so willing to believe the stereotype and not look at what's in front of their eyes.

You would have thought that Scots are genetically engineered to react differently to alcohol to Englishmen.

The fact is some people are complete t*ssers when drunk, others are just merry.

However, I do agree that British fans in general feel more inclined to have to get drunk when following their team. French, Italian and other nationalities go to the bar and have a few drinks too, but probably not to the same extent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

What makes it worse is despite it being his 5th yellow of the season (god knows how) he won't pick up a one match ban as they've stopped handing them out at this stage icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh what icon_frown.gif

ffs, useless cuunt can't even get himself banned properly

• 3 weeks later...

he's still so young though, I reckon someone could give us a couple of million.

Such a shame, because when I used to see him play for the youth team he was by far the best player on the pitch, his positional play and distribution was fantastic, I had really high hopes for him. But his attitude just stinks. I deserved to play today more than him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

richardson wasnt at all bad last night tbh, thought heinze was an accident waiting to happen at centre back and were it not for rob 'look at me' styles he would have been sent off and they would have been back in it.

how old is richardson btw? really dont get the excessive hate, i wonder if bardsley will get booed as well when he returns? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Richardson was 'megged for the forward to get into that position in the first place. If he'd even held him up slightly that almost certainly wouldn't have been a problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

blaming richardson for heinze's awful, irresponsible and mistimed challenge, ive heard it all now. icon_biggrin.gif

just grateful that disgrace of a ref didnt see it, and that it wasnt done in a game where we werent in such a comfortable position. he could quite easily have got himself banned for 3 games there.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

I had a dream last night that we lost to Citeh and Chelsea icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry when we hammer chelsea 5-0 at home it won't matter

Looking positive whatever happens tonight - if we win we're in the European Cup Final icon14.gif If we lose I don't have to sit through the torture of watching us against in a European Cup Final against Liverpool icon14.gif Works for me anyway icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

Can't believe getting beat away by the European Champions beat getting beat by the bottom of the Championship as worst performance </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

different starting elevens, different competitions, different priorities </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can see why citeh fans struggle with concepts like this tbf...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

a plummer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Picks plums. icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah, silly me, those famous Turkish plums*

*I am not talking about Muzzy Izzet and Kolin Kazim-Richards

Chelsea away right at the death AGAIN, strange

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You wonder if as well as the teams being able to put in fixture requests, SKY are allowed to as well.

Archived